The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry F324(RINGS..)June 2010 past paper?Help!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

can someone discuss this paper with me on PM or something tonight??
Reply 61
Hi, I know my way round some graphics programmes / graphics file types so I have used / cleaned up the ayostunner JPGs to produce the attached PDF. Should be more convenient to use/print. Hope it helps.
Regards
gjdgjd
(PS when scanning 1 bit B/W images it is best not to scan and save as 24 bit lossy JPGs, the trick is to scan at higher dpi (300 or preferably 600) at 1 bit and save as lossless TIFs (G4 compression is best).
Reply 62
Hi Guys

ive managed to get the mark scheme for june 2010 if any one needs it..
Reply 63
Original post by gjdgjd
Hi, I know my way round some graphics programmes / graphics file types so I have used / cleaned up the ayostunner JPGs to produce the attached PDF. Should be more convenient to use/print. Hope it helps.
Regards
gjdgjd
(PS when scanning 1 bit B/W images it is best not to scan and save as 24 bit lossy JPGs, the trick is to scan at higher dpi (300 or preferably 600) at 1 bit and save as lossless TIFs (G4 compression is best).

its the paper i ddnt have...lol
thanks for that
Reply 64
thank you very much mugiwarano :smile:

the mark scheme says ketone 2 in question 3d ii) has 4 environments... can anyone explain why? i thought the answer was ketone 1.
thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Phee86
BUT 2-methyl-propanal has 4 carbon atoms and the aldehyde in the question has
C5H10O NOT C4?????
PLease explain this:frown:

Sorry yeah this is true.

Try 3-methyl-butanal ?
Reply 67
Original post by kkAQA
MS

Thank you :smile:
Reply 68
thanks a lot u guys, really helps, needed that:smile:
Reply 69
Ahrh this unit is the worst - dreading the exam on the 26th!!
Reply 70
Hey, does anyone know what the grade boundaries would be for this exam. I thought it was hard, but ended up doing OK (although my teacher has given us Q1 before so I knew all of that), because I think it was easier than Jan 10, but I can't see it being 48 for an A. Thanks... and back to revision.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Piandme
Hey, doesw anyone know what the grade boundaries would be for this exam. I thought it was hard, nut ended up doing OK ( although my teacher has given us Q1 before so I knew all of that), because I think it was easier than Jan 10, but I can't see it being 48 for an A. Thanks... and back to revision.

my teacher said it would be about 48 for an A too, but on the OCR website theres a document with all the raw mark and scaled grade boundaries, and for F324 it was 41 for an A

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_47951_admin_mk_grd_bound_jun_10.pdf
Reply 72
Original post by wilsea05
my teacher said it would be about 48 for an A too, but on the OCR website theres a document with all the raw mark and scaled grade boundaries, and for F324 it was 41 for an A

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_47951_admin_mk_grd_bound_jun_10.pdf

Thanks. That means I got an A then. (prays that the garde boundaries will be that low for Jan 11):smile:
Reply 73
could any explain to me, on question 1 b i - the positioning of the NO2 etc are all positioned on the 4th carbon, i put the functional group on the very top carbon, why is this wrong?
Reply 74
Original post by bagga

Original post by bagga
could any explain to me, on question 1 b i - the positioning of the NO2 etc are all positioned on the 4th carbon, i put the functional group on the very top carbon, why is this wrong?

It's because you had to work out the positioning of where the NO2 group should be by using the picture they give you of compound D. I think they try and trick you out cos both the first pic of 1.3 - dimethybenzene and compound D have the methyl groups bonded to different carbons on the ring so they look different however they still are named as 1,3 as they are spaced about with one carbon in between them. Sorry if I'm not making much sense lol.
Reply 75
does anyone have a site which has loads of carbon 13, and proton NMR questions. ALL my past say that those questions are removed due to " 3rd party copyright." I really need some pracitce on this, and I kow for a fact it will defiantly come up, it comes up every year.
Reply 76
Good luck with the exam everyone! :smile:
Looking forward to this shizz ;p

And make sure all you rate the guy who uploaded to mark scheme :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by tallysingh

Original post by tallysingh
does anyone have a site which has loads of carbon 13, and proton NMR questions. ALL my past say that those questions are removed due to " 3rd party copyright." I really need some pracitce on this, and I kow for a fact it will defiantly come up, it comes up every year.

I have a booklet with 10 NMR/C13/IR/MS questions, made by my teacher which (I can guarantee) are trillion times harder than the real exam. I'll try scanning them in school before Thursday - but it's not a guarantee since I do not know whether they'll let me!
Original post by Schoolio93

Original post by Schoolio93
I have a booklet with 10 NMR/C13/IR/MS questions, made by my teacher which (I can guarantee) are trillion times harder than the real exam. I'll try scanning them in school before Thursday - but it's not a guarantee since I do not know whether they'll let me!

bit pointless seeing as the exam is on wednesday
Reply 79
Original post by loki276

Original post by loki276
bit pointless seeing as the exam is on wednesday

LOL oh so bluntly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending