The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Having been rejected by both my first choice and my second choice, I am seriously entertaining the thought that I will not be at university next year.
Original post by purplemooncows
Spending far too many nights staying up till 4am worrying. :bawling:

I've found that if you do work during that time, not only do you worry less, you almost secure yourself a A/A*.....:biggrin:
I just want an offer, an interview... anything :c
Unis are back on the move re: track :smile:

got an interview to bath :biggrin: not an offer, but the next best thing in my books
Another day, another 100 times spent refreshing e-mails..
I just want an interview so badly:ashamed:
I've convinced myself I'm going to be rejected by all 5 :frown:
Original post by StudyHard_LiveBetter

Why? :eyeball:

So much positivity in this thread haha.
Reply 1668
My twin just got an offer today....I also applied to some of the same unis but I haven't heard anything back yet D: D:
Original post by KingMessi
Having been rejected by both my first choice and my second choice, I am seriously entertaining the thought that I will not be at university next year.
With grades like yours? No way! You'll get in somewhere! :tongue:
Sorry about the rejections, keep your head up- it might be third time lucky!:smile:

Original post by KingMessi
I've found that if you do work during that time, not only do you worry less, you almost secure yourself a A/A*.....:biggrin:
Or if you're me and hopelessly inept at Biology, you'll do this and get a D! Pah! I'm sure this will work with Psych though! I managed cram 4am 'revision' last year... :ashamed:

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Another day, another 100 times spent refreshing e-mails..
Story of my life! My mum has predicted that UEA will reply to me next week while I'm convinced they'll make me wait until March just to make me panic! I'm sure you'll get interviews soon!

You'll be fine! I convinced myself the same thing and it didn't happen. :hugs: As hard as it is, just try and forget about it! /dirtyhypocritecheckingemaileverytwominutes
Reply 1670
Gosh I felt like I was the only one who actually became obsessed with checking track lol
Got my first rejection today. I wasn't expecting it actually considering i've received offers from uni's with higher requirements.
Also on the website it said 'this course is subject to validation' whatever that means :tongue:

Btw, how is the revision going? Mine's going hopeless. D:
Just want the exams over with so i can read Michael Mcintyre's autobiography ^_^
Reply 1672
any cambridge news for anyone!? it's a tense time! X
Original post by diamonddust
With grades like yours? No way! You'll get in somewhere! :tongue:
Sorry about the rejections, keep your head up- it might be third time lucky!:smile:

Or if you're me and hopelessly inept at Biology, you'll do this and get a D! Pah! I'm sure this will work with Psych though! I managed cram 4am 'revision' last year... :ashamed:

Story of my life! My mum has predicted that UEA will reply to me next week while I'm convinced they'll make me wait until March just to make me panic! I'm sure you'll get interviews soon!

You'll be fine! I convinced myself the same thing and it didn't happen. :hugs: As hard as it is, just try and forget about it! /dirtyhypocritecheckingemaileverytwominutes

Ha, we'll see. I've applied to be the football gap year coach at my school for next year, anyway....

But thank you anyway. :smile:
I'm applying as a mature student and I must say it's more nerve racking now than when I applied in 2003. I blame Track. Back in the day you just waited for the letter, none of this refreshing your inbox every 5 minutes (like I'm doing now). Seemed a lot quicker back then too. I've still had no replies as yet, I just want an offer from Newcastle then I'll be happy. My predicted grades are AAA (I made a pigs ear of my A levels first time round) so fingers crossed...
Reply 1675
Is there a *waiting to go to uni is driving me crazy* uberthread anywhere?! Seriously, I CAN'T LAST 9 MORE MONTHS
Got an e-mail l from De Montfort about thirty minutes ago saying they've made me an offer, but UCAS Track hasn't updated yet. Argh! :frown: It's killing me waiting for track.
Original post by rebekaht
Is there a *waiting to go to uni is driving me crazy* uberthread anywhere?! Seriously, I CAN'T LAST 9 MORE MONTHS

I'm the same, I'm on a gap year with no money so it is *extremely* tedious waiting. What is worse for me is...I already waited a year to start a university which I didn't *like* i.e. Keele Uni as it is too isolated now I need to wait longer. :frown:

I did get an unconditional offer today though so least I know I'm going now! :smile:
I got an offer from UEA!!! :woo: Over the frigging moon! I now have to work harder than I ever have in my life to meet the offer but :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
They're my first choice! I honestly didn't think I'd stand a chance!!

After 3.5 months of waiting finally some good news on the medicine front.
Interview at Barts and the London :gah:
Now I have reason to act crazy :crazy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending