The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5860

II still haven't watched Eastenders in a week now.7

Though I read in the news paper that Sam (the actor who plays Ronnie), handed in her letter of resignation in November when she received the storyline.

I'm not upset that at the factthat it's a cot death, what annoys me is the loose grip it has on reality. And after all the stuff Ronnie has been through I think we can all agree no one is that unlucky.
Reply 5861
Original post by Of_the_hook
I suppose Glenda would make sense in that she wouldn't form any attachment to the baby that Roxy would. Glenda easily walked away from her daughters when they were just children & knew Archie was abusing Ronnie. She also just wanted Danny around to get to Roxy's money so she isn't maternal at all. From that prespective, it makes sense to use her as she would walk away from the baby and wouldn't be fussed about handing him/her over.

If this is the biggest storyline running this year then I haven't got much hope for EE. I may be the only one but storylines about babies don't interest me at all now, there have far too many of them.

Someone bring back Santer :tongue:

OH MY GOD, the whole time I have been thinking everyone was talking about KIM! I got their names confused (?!) and only just then have I realised (re: mention of walking away from Ronnie and Roxy) that Auntie Kim is actually not called Glenda. Hahahaha. No wonder I thought it was so weird!

Blonde moment :-(
Reply 5862
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a296645/enders-exec-responds-to-baby-swap-row.html

BK referring to the storyline as 'strong'?! :rofl2: What. The swap overshadowed the issue of cot death that he's referring to. I don't like him. And his statement seems to ignore the swap, which is what caused the complaints/coverage etc in the first place. He just bangs on about cot death, which alone would have been a more emotional storyline without the superfluous 'twist' added in.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5863
I've seen two thread on DS suggesting that there should be an EE rape storyline :colonhash: thoughts? One is suggesting a male rape? :lolwut:
Original post by mel0n
I've seen two thread on DS suggesting that there should be an EE rape storyline :colonhash: thoughts? One is suggesting a male rape? :lolwut:

Yeah I saw those both :lolwut: - I think they need move away from these kind of storylines. Change direction and then come back to it. That way it would be more of a shock and less of 'same old' stuff.
Reply 5865
Just on BBC News that the cot death storyline is being cut short. Apologies if it's been mentioned before.
Original post by Roobsa
Just on BBC News that the cot death storyline is being cut short. Apologies if it's been mentioned before.

Thank god. It was pretty grim.
Ronnie...that was so heartless.
Reply 5868
Do you think Kat suspects something or is that just another outpouring of grief seeing the baby?
Original post by Ladipidoo

I find it weird that Kat wouldn't recognise her child. You would there would be an element of maternal instinct.

Is that Ronnie knows this and refuses to see her or even let Kat see her child?
Ronnie is a twisted witch! That episode made me sick.
Original post by Roobsa
Do you think Kat suspects something or is that just another outpouring of grief seeing the baby?

Yeah, it's just the losing of the baby and the fact that Ronnie has a baby is a constant reminder of what she has lost.
Reply 5872
Original post by Ladipidoo

what she do??
I can't stop watching but this makes me so sad :frown:
I felt like punching Ronnie and the end was just too much with K+A both crying :emo:
Original post by mel0n
what she do??

Didn't let Kat hold her own baby.
Original post by The_Male_Melons
I find it weird that Kat wouldn't recognise her child. You would there would be an element of maternal instinct.

Is that Ronnie knows this and refuses to see her or even let Kat see her child?

That's it.
Kat hasn't had the chance to see the baby propepely yet, so Ron was trying to hide him from her because she knew that Kat would probably recognise Tommy, or at least get slightly suspicious. That was so rude of her, though. :frown: Poor Kat.
Reply 5876
Original post by Converse
Didn't let Kat hold her own baby.

Harsh :frown:

Perhaps she was scared about the whole 'mother and son connection' or whatever :frown:
Original post by mel0n
Harsh :frown:

Perhaps she was scared about the whole 'mother and son connection' or whatever :frown:

Or being found out! Ha.
Reply 5878
Stopped feeling sorry for Charlie after his embarrassing acting.

Apparently the storyline will end in spring, when exactly is spring?
Reply 5879
Scratch that, just read the Stig's spoilers.

Latest