The Student Room Group

Anyone have experience with Bazuka or similar gels?

I've been using it for about a month now on multiple verrucas, and today I pulled four of them out. Completely out, I can see no sign of remaining fragments in the little craters in my foot and they were dead because there was no pain or blood, they lifted out very easily.

The pamphlet it very vague about what happens now. I assume the little craters heal over - how long will this take? Do they need to be covered? Should I continue to use the cream to ensure the virus really is dead and soften the ridge of hard skin around the rim of the crater?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Try a bump? :dontknow:
My experience was There Will Be Blood. Guess you got lucky.
Reply 3
Original post by explosions hurt
My experience was There Will Be Blood. Guess you got lucky.

Were they dead to the point where they just came out when you picked the gel off, or did you dig them out?
Original post by TheSownRose
Were they dead to the point where they just came out when you picked the gel off, or did you dig them out?

It was quite a few years ago but they were definitely dug out. My dad did it and i think he was pretty enthusiastic.
Reply 5
It was quite a few years ago but they were definitely dug out. My dad did it and i think he was pretty enthusiastic.

:rofl: My father entralls me with his experience in cutting one out with a razorblade, and mocks that I used gel.

If you wait for the gel to kill them properly, there's no blood. :p:
yeh I hit a jap with 1 back in nam' when charlie were closin in on our compound just outside Kabul. Hefty weapons, get some weight training done n u'l be fine
:rofl: My father entralls me with his experience in cutting one out with a razorblade, and mocks that I used gel.

If you wait for the gel to kill them properly, there's no blood. :p:

I don't think my dad had he patience to wait. I remember him telling me he was going to take evasive action to prevent it spreading to my siblings.
I had deep long lasting verrucas for like 2-3 years..Ended up going the doctors and had them frozen with liquid nitrogen in a cryoclinic or something..

Did the job and the dead skin cleared, taking the virus with them within a few days.

Bazuka never worked for me :redface:
Reply 9
I don't think my dad had he patience to wait. I remember him telling me he was going to take evasive action to prevent it spreading to my siblings.

Bad news for your father: if you went barefoot anywhere before using this stuff, it was already spread to your siblings. :sadnod:
Reply 10
It took ages and ages to work for me :frown: and i was too mcuh of a wuss to let them be pulled out haha. I had to chop away at them every day though. Bad times :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by mmckn
It took ages and ages to work for me :frown: and i was too mcuh of a wuss to let them be pulled out haha. I had to chop away at them every day though. Bad times :frown:

When it did work, was it pain-free?
Oh dear.
For a second i thought you were talking about Bazooka (gun), and just mispelled it by putting BAZUKA.
Reply 13
When it did work, was it pain-free?

pretty much, there was a bit of blood though. I'm cringing thinking about it :colondollar:
Reply 14
Original post by mmckn
pretty much, there was a bit of blood though. I'm cringing thinking about it :colondollar:

Why is everyone reporting blood...? :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Why is everyone reporting blood...? :s-smilie:

Because they're basically hacking off chunks of their skin :p:.

Not sure about your problem though :s-smilie: I tried all that stuff on mine and it never worked; they just went away naturally after 2 years :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by ily_em
Because they're basically hacking off chunks of their skin :p:.

Not sure about your problem though :s-smilie: I tried all that stuff on mine and it never worked; they just went away naturally after 2 years :colonhash:

Haha same!

I've got bad memories regarding verucas and this thread's causing flashbacks to nine years old with my mum running after me with a tube of Bazuka! :frown:
I've been using it for about a month now on multiple verrucas, and today I pulled four of them out. Completely out, I can see no sign of remaining fragments in the little craters in my foot and they were dead because there was no pain or blood, they lifted out very easily.

The pamphlet it very vague about what happens now. I assume the little craters heal over - how long will this take? Do they need to be covered? Should I continue to use the cream to ensure the virus really is dead and soften the ridge of hard skin around the rim of the crater?

Four individual verrucas..?
Unusual.

Are you prone to infections?
Reply 18
I never had blood - just keep putting bazuka on till they sort of fade away.

The liquid nitrogen never worked with me - they must like putting their roots deep into my foot or something.
Reply 19
Original post by Jamie
Four individual verrucas..?
Unusual.

Are you prone to infections?

Oh, that's not the end of it - I'm still waiting on three to go. And yes, all individual.

I do tend to get a lot of infections, yes; colds often beget chest infections, sinusitis and other related infections. Ear infections, sometimes, although these have largely died off since my childhood years.

Quick Reply

Latest