The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by daisy.noble
Yayyy! Another Corpus applicant! Hopefully see you around next October :biggrin: :smile:

hope to see you too! :biggrin:
Got an unconditional offer (I'm post-qualifications) for History at Fitzwilliam.

But it's making me nervous since I haven't got a letter (I live in Australia, atm) or an email directly from Cambridge. I just got an email from UCAS saying that my status changed. I checked, and it said I got an offer... This all happened yesterday (7th)

So should I just email or ring them up to check? Weird thing is, they said they'd email me if I were international... and no email yet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 422
I got an offer Medicine at Emmanuel.

A*AA for any of my A2 subjects.

I'm an international student. Anyone else going to Emma? :smile:
Reply 423
Original post by .:VivaLaVida:.
Yay! I just got into Trinity Hall for Medicine, so pleased :smile:

Well I'll see you there in October then :smile:
What was your offer?
Reply 424
Offer for Law at Christ's!!
Anyone else doing law at Christ's?
Reply 425
Offer for Land Economy at St John's!
A*AA in Maths, FMaths and Economics. Any order.
Still can't believe it! All seems a bit surreal to me.

Has anyone else got into Land Economy?
So glad to finally be able to write on an offer-holders' thread :biggrin: I have an offer for English at Jesus. Any other English applicants around? Also, did anyone else have a fantastic night out last night? People are generous with free drinks when they hear you're going to Cambridge :smile:
Reply 427
Original post by Austrian
Offer for Law at Christ's!!
Anyone else doing law at Christ's?

Not law, BUT I've been given an offer to read Natural Sciences at Christ's :smile:
Hope to see you in October :biggrin:

Where are you from?
Reply 428
Original post by jamieraser
So glad to finally be able to write on an offer-holders' thread :biggrin: I have an offer for English at Jesus. Any other English applicants around? Also, did anyone else have a fantastic night out last night? People are generous with free drinks when they hear you're going to Cambridge :smile:

For some reason, last night, I seemed to be the one buying the drinks :P Not the other way around :P
Reply 429
Original post by kpatb
For some reason, last night, I seemed to be the one buying the drinks :P Not the other way around :P

Same here mate :P
Just spotted at the bottom of my letter the following

"I would be grateful if you could let me know by letter as soon as possible whether or not you intend to accept this offer"

Now, obviously I do, but what do I write in the letter?

Dear xxx

Yes.

From Me

:biggrin:
Original post by kpatb

Well that aint right :tongue: Honestly though, it's a pretty awesome feeling waking up and still having the letter on your desk - validates alot of hard work and worry.
Reply 432
Original post by kpatb
Not law, BUT I've been given an offer to read Natural Sciences at Christ's :smile:
Hope to see you in October :biggrin:

Where are you from?

Congrats!! What kind of offer did you get?

I am from Austria and you?
Reply 433
Original post by Stowly
See PM :smile:
Doesn't appear to be many other Pembrokers sharing the love...

I'm Pembroke!

I have an offer for PhysNatSci for A*AAA across (not in this order) Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Biology. (My french teacher is a bit miffed it doesnt include le francais :s-smilie:)

Eeeeep so so so so so happy it's untrue. See you in Pembroke in October! :biggrin:
Reply 434
Original post by kirky743
I'm Pembroke!

I have an offer for PhysNatSci for A*AAA across (not in this order) Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Biology. (My french teacher is a bit miffed it doesnt include le francais :s-smilie:)

Eeeeep so so so so so happy it's untrue. See you in Pembroke in October! :biggrin:

Fantastic :smile:
The more the merrier!
See you all there, and well done to all offers!
Reply 435
Offer from Fitzwilliam for English :biggrin: gaahhhh!!! rather happy about this! :smile:
Hey everyone, and congratulations on your offers! I thought you might like to know about the official Freshers' Facebook group, which was launched yesterday by CUSU. Feel free to join!
Reply 437
Original post by rob...
Offer from Gonville & Caius for Mathematics! A*AA in P/M/FM + 11 in STEP (II)(III) :biggrin:

I've got one for Caius too for Engineering! A*AA in P/M/FM! But I don't need to do step :smile: I was so shocked. I'd convinced myself I wasn't getting an offer!
Caius here too, for compsci :grin: A*AA and 1,1 in STEP. There seems to be a lot of Caius offer holders here!

Congrats to all with offers :dance:
Reply 439
Original post by Goldfishy
Caius here too, for compsci :grin: A*AA and 1,1 in STEP. There seems to be a lot of Caius offer holders here!

Congrats to all with offers :dance:

well done on the offer, i haven't seen you on the applicants' thread for a while, but i thought you'd get one... :biggrin: unlucky about the STEP reqirement though, I didn't think Compsci usually asked for STEP :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending