The Student Room Group

Ernst & Young Degree – Q&A

Hi there, I’m Steve and I look after the marketing for Ernst & Young’s Fast Track programmes which includes the Ernst & Young Degree at Lancaster University’s Management School. I will be online throughout the week commencing 6th December 2010. Feel free to message me if you’d like to know more about our programmes.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ernst & Young
Hi there, I’m Steve and I look after the marketing for Ernst & Young’s Fast Track programmes which includes the Ernst & Young Degree at Lancaster University’s Management School. I will be online throughout the week commencing 6th December 2010. Feel free to message me if you’d like to know more about our programmes.

I would like to know if I could work in Ernst & Young as an Accountent if I were to complete a degree in Accounting and Mathematics.
Hi there,
Whilst studying a degree in Accounting and Finance would certainly give you an insight into what to expect at Ernst & Young it is not a prerequisite to apply to our programmes. We accept applications from all degree disciplines provided that you meet our minimum academic requirements.
Steve
Reply 3
Hi Steve,
I've heard that a large proportion of graduates leave Ernst and Young after a few years, or after attaining professional qualifications. Why is this so and where do they go after moving on from E&Y ?
Reply 4
Hey Steve,
I did a week long work experience at E & Y at your London office in the summer just gone.
We had many presentations about different area's of E & Y and one area I'd be very interested in going into is FIDs Fraud Investigation Department (I think it was called).

I'm looking to study a fully rounded Business/Business Management degree - was just wondering how to go about getting into FIDS?

Also would this degree at Lancaster uni help?
Original post by I<3Vans
Hey Steve,
I did a week long work experience at E & Y at your London office in the summer just gone.
We had many presentations about different area's of E & Y and one area I'd be very interested in going into is FIDs Fraud Investigation Department (I think it was called).

I'm looking to study a fully rounded Business/Business Management degree - was just wondering how to go about getting into FIDS?

Also would this degree at Lancaster uni help?

Hi there,
Unfortunately the placements (and graduate jobs) offered on the EY Degree are within our Audit service line. Once you have qualified there may be opportunities to move into our FIDS team but this can't be guaranteed. The EY Degree is a degree in Accounting, Audit and Finance and as such does not focus on all parts of business such as marketing, strategy and operations. We do offer Industrial Placements within the FIDS department as part of our undergraduate programme so should you decide to study a degree that offers this you could apply to join FIDS then which may then strengthen your chances of working within the department upon graduation.
Steve
Original post by CHEETS
Hi Steve,
I've heard that a large proportion of graduates leave Ernst and Young after a few years, or after attaining professional qualifications. Why is this so and where do they go after moving on from E&Y ?

Hi,
I have flagged this question to Mandy who works with our graduate programmes and should be able to help you with this question.
Steve
I applied to the ernest and young program at lancaster university and was rejected almost instantly. It was like than a day (thats either a very efficent HR department or some sort of computer software). Is it possible to ask on what grounds your application was rejected? And if so how do you ask?
Original post by CHEETS

Original post by CHEETS
Hi Steve,
I've heard that a large proportion of graduates leave Ernst and Young after a few years, or after attaining professional qualifications. Why is this so and where do they go after moving on from E&amp;Y ?

Hello,
Some graduates do choose to move upon completion of their training contracts whilst others move into different areas of the Firm or look at secondments abroad. We actively promote secondment opportunities and movement between our service lines; the majority of our graduates choose to stay with us upon qualification. An accounting qualification is great passport to a career in business though and a number of our graduates move into industry once qualified - over 70% of FTSE 100 Chief Executives and Finance Directors are Chartered Accountants.
Many Thanks, Mandy.
Reply 9
Hello,
Some graduates do choose to move upon completion of their training contracts whilst others move into different areas of the Firm or look at secondments abroad. We actively promote secondment opportunities and movement between our service lines; the majority of our graduates choose to stay with us upon qualification. An accounting qualification is great passport to a career in business though and a number of our graduates move into industry once qualified - over 70% of FTSE 100 Chief Executives and Finance Directors are Chartered Accountants.
Many Thanks, Mandy.

Hi :smile:
Do you respond to private messages on TSR?

Hi there. Just wanted to ask if the International Students applying for this degree are at a Disadvantage as in what are the chances of an International student to get in this degree?

hi

i know this thread is abt the degree but i can't find a thread abt the EY scholarship:-S

i'm through to the assesment centre stage for the EY scholarship....i'm wondering how many more stages there are after this? also, how many places are there for this scholarship and how many ppl are approx invited to the assesment centre.

thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by oabdelmawla1

Original post by oabdelmawla1
I applied to the ernest and young program at lancaster university and was rejected almost instantly. It was like than a day (thats either a very efficent HR department or some sort of computer software). Is it possible to ask on what grounds your application was rejected? And if so how do you ask?

Hello. All of our applications are screened individually by our HR department. Unfortunately we do not give feedback at application stage. Due to the large volume of applications we get we cannot commit to giving it to everyone and want to remain fair and consistent. We wish you every success in your future career. Many Thanks. Mandy
Reply 13
What are the grade requirements and are there any specific a levels I should be doing im currently taking: Business, accounting, politics, economics and finance?
Reply 14
Oh come on, it's on everyone's minds....which of the Big4 is best? :wink:
Original post by mono217

Original post by mono217
What are the grade requirements and are there any specific a levels I should be doing im currently taking: Business, accounting, politics, economics and finance?

Hi there,
You need the following grades to join the EY Degree:

A minimum B grade in GCSE Mathematics and English Language;
A / AS levels: AAB (not counting General Studies or re-sits)

As well as your academic background, we’re also interested in positions of responsibility you’ve held and any recent work experience. We want you to tell us why you’ve applied for the EY Degree and what you hope to gain from your work placements with us.

Throughout the recruitment process, we’re looking for a wide variety of skills such as team working, communication and analytical ability as well as a keen interest in business.

Check out the EY Fast Tracks website at: www.ey.com/uk/eyfasttracks for more information

Steve
Original post by Captain Wentworth

Original post by Captain Wentworth
hi

i know this thread is abt the degree but i can't find a thread abt the EY scholarship:-S

i'm through to the assesment centre stage for the EY scholarship....i'm wondering how many more stages there are after this? also, how many places are there for this scholarship and how many ppl are approx invited to the assesment centre.

thanks

Hi there,
Sorry not to have answered this sooner. Hopefully your assessment centre went well and you were made an offer. If not then you should have been provided with feedback and I hope that this has not discouraged you from pursuing a career with us.
Steve
Reply 17

Is the accountancy degree at Durham which KPMG sponsor, better than this degree?
Reply 18
Original post by brabzzz
Oh come on, it's on everyone's minds....which of the Big4 is best? :wink:

PWC every time.

Original post by SPMS
Is the accountancy degree at Durham which KPMG sponsor, better than this degree?

Hi there,

Both degree routes offer different experiences and opportunities and I would suggest that you spend time exploring the content of each programme to make an informed decision. If you would like to find out more about the Ernst & Young Degree then visit our Student Stories website at: www.ey.com/uk/eyfasttracks

Don't forget that Ernst & Young are now offering the opportunity to spend a day in our offices during an Insight Day, the first of which is happening on the 21st of this month. You can find out more here: http://tinyurl.com/6hc32gg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending