The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by crazylemon
No but there are much better ways to learn most of the information (quite a few lectures are unclear) and you can do a lot more visual stuff than alot of the lecturers who seem to have just swapped the blackboard for power point. My point was that for our first years getting a first is quite formulaic, almost anyone can do it if they put the work in.

I can't seem to revise MCD! =[ The lectures are so long and so boring. I like Tang's stuff though. Very interesting. So much to know, so little time! Thank God the formatives don't count!
Just to let the OP know that I am currently a First Year at Manchester.

Exams are depressing, and I haven't taken one yet :frown:
I'm moving back to Toots on Sunday. :smile:

I have my SSC presentation on Monday. My SSC tutor, a consultant psychiatrist, and two SpR grade psychiatrists are attending.
Really hope I don't get grilled.

Oh and I should really start practising clinicals. My OSCE is just over three weeks away and I'm far from ready.
I am getting goosebumps just thinking about the buzzer! :frown:
Reply 243
I am sulking. Moved into a new room, but apparently this is a 'temporary' room until my 'perminent room' is avaliable as it needs some repairs doing on it. The permanent room is one floor below this one! Why can't I just stay here! Also been given no idea of time scale, could be days or weeks, do I unpack or keep everything in boxes. HUMPH
Reply 244
Going on gen med acute take tonight...whether I'm still as keen tomorrow morning is another story :smile:
Original post by lekky
I am sulking. Moved into a new room, but apparently this is a 'temporary' room until my 'perminent room' is avaliable as it needs some repairs doing on it. The permanent room is one floor below this one! Why can't I just stay here! Also been given no idea of time scale, could be days or weeks, do I unpack or keep everything in boxes. HUMPH

Pants :frown:
Learn 17 lectures from scratch in 7 days...doable? :p:
Reply 247
Original post by Philosoraptor

With commitment, definitely :p:
You can do it.

How long does it take you to do a lecture on average? Although I attend lectures, I go back and listen to the podcast and write additional notes over my slides. It usually takes me about 2-3 hours - but I have a serious OCD with neatness of my work. I use a ruler and pencil to make lines because I can't write in a straight line. I even use a ruler to make my bullet points parallel. I might just take a photo to show how messed up it is. :p:

How many slides on each?

I'd the respiratory system in two and managed a decent enough 14/20.
Original post by i'm no superman
You can do it.

How long does it take you to do a lecture on average? Although I attend lectures, I go back and listen to the podcast and write additional notes over my slides. It usually takes me about 2-3 hours - but I have a serious OCD with neatness of my work. I use a ruler and pencil to make lines because I can't write in a straight line. I even use a ruler to make my bullet points parallel. I might just take a photo to show how messed up it is. :p:

The thing is - some of these (ok most) are quite in depth , and tbh I'm learning them from scratch as aforementioned.
I guess on a 72 slide lecture, it takes me a good 4 hours? With breaks and so on...
So technically I need 68 hours ish so if I work roughly 10 hours a day I might have a chance :s-smilie:
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
How many slides on each?

I'd the respiratory system in two and managed a decent enough 14/20.

It seems to vary - some have like 12 and other 72 as mentioned!
The only problem is - some needs extended reading of papers etc...as I've got to write 3 essays, with a possible 6 questions. And about 17 topics total.

This could be interesting, maybe , just maybe even I'm pushing it a bit. I know I'm lastminute.com but wow
I'll let you know how it goes - but then I am pretty much the biggest risk taking medic I know (academically :p:) so we'll see!
*scuttles in* sorry to intrude but do any of you guys have access to the Student BMA website? If so, would someone be ever so kind and copy and paste in a PM an article I really would like to read? *scuttles out*
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 254
Original post by apotoftea
*scuttles in* sorry to intrude but do any of you guys have access to the Student BMA website? If so, would someone be ever so kind and copy and paste in a PM an article I really would like to read? *scuttles out*

Sure - link?
Original post by Hygeia
Sure - link?

I think this is the right link: http://web2.bma.org.uk/stubma.nsf/wd/BSKN-8C6FDQ?OpenDocument&C=18+December+2010

If not, it's entitled 'Fee rises will hit graduate students worst'

Reply 256
Original post by apotoftea
I think this is the right link: http://web2.bma.org.uk/stubma.nsf/wd/BSKN-8C6FDQ?OpenDocument&C=18+December+2010

If not, it's entitled 'Fee rises will hit graduate students worst'

It's only a very short thing

article

Reply 257
Meh, just about recovered from take, now havr to do a presentation on COPD - wild times ahead. In other news, med regs are awesome, scary but awesome.
Original post by Hygeia
It's only a very short thing

Thanks, didn't realise it was only a letter :smile:
First exam tomorrow- Behavioural Sciences. :facepalm2:

Latest

Trending

Trending