The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i nearly punched a wall when phil dowd didnt give that penalty..what a save though at the end..arshavin should be docked some wages.. i could have played better today tbh..
(edited 13 years ago)
Entire team still seems to be lacking in confidence. Our passing and fluency got worse after they scored, and whilst that is understandable, it should be temporary. 2 mins to pull yourself back together, then focus on the task at hand. It doesn't need to take more than 30 seconds from the start of a move to score, and when Cesc's on it can come from a single pass, but our heads dropped and it got scrappy.

Also, I will never know why I say "we" and "our" when talking about Arsenal, it's not like I was on the pitch lol
Reply 1002
Original post by Billa Bong

btw when is the replay?? might go to see that

18/19th of Jan.
Eboue did okay, just wasteful in final pass.

We should field Wilshere and Ramsey in the return... We need nasty English players and a spine of quality to combat them.

We can't get any fewer decisions in the return leg, however. Dowd did not disappoint with his frankly mediocre refereeing record.
Arshavin. Awful.
Eboue. Average.
Djourou. Not good enough.

As for Bedtner, I can't remember many more impotent strikers...

I like Szceszny though...:top2:
I don't get it, these guys on ITV think Leeds deserved this result. :rofl:
Fabregas and Walcott changed the game, could've easily won it 5-2 on another day. Arshavin was awful (again). Bendtner is just not good enough to play for us, he'd be an alright player for a mid-table or below Premiership team (say, Liverpool) but no one better.
Original post by Mastermind`
What an absolute shocker by Arshavin. Surely Eboue wasn't as bad as that when he got booed a couple of seasons ago?

I think Arshavin had more incomplete than successful passes, it was a joke.
this is what it says on leeds site, "90th min penalty ensures gunners scrape draw"...SCRAPE...we were all over them apart from the 10min spell in which they scored the goal

btw do you guys know whose site i would buy the tickets for elland road replay??
Mon the arsenal

*Oh wow fail, didn't even know the match was over.... *Facepalm. Anything to do with wenger making like 8 changes
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Abiraleft
18/19th of Jan.

yeah it's 19th wednesday...
Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc
i nearly punched a wall when phil dowd didnt give that penalty..what a save though at the end..arshavin should be docked some wages.. i could have played better today tbh..
Be glad that you didn't. My hand is shattered to bits.
Wikipedia on Phil Dowd.

''He is known for his warm smile and ability to cost teams large amounts of points to infuriate fans and players alike.''

:rofl2:
Reply 1013
Today is proof that WENGER is an idiot.

Made 8 changes against ******* Wigan, and then drew 2-2.

Now he makes 9 changes against Leeds, and we nearly lose to a Championship side in the third round itself. Ridiculous.

Rosicky was GARBAGE. I don't know why he deserves to be in the team, let alone why he captained the side today.

Arshavin, Bendtner, Eboue, Denilson, and Squillaci were disgraceful on and off the ball. It's self-explanatory; Wenger underestimated opposition for the second time in 2 weeks, and paid the price for the second time in 2 weeks. Simple.

Wenger should leave now for the sake of his pride. He was my lord 6 years ago. Not anymore, though.

Special mention to Djourou and Fabregas, who did really well. Sczeczny wasn't too shabby either.
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
I think Arshavin had more incomplete than successful passes, it was a joke.
He also was incapable of having a first touch. Sell him for 15m to some Spanish team like Valencia ffs.
Original post by RobbieC

We should field Wilshere and Ramsey in the return... We need nasty English players and a spine of quality to combat them.

Ramsey isn't English :tongue:
Reply 1016
Original post by KingMessi

I thought Djourou was one of the stand out performers today. He was solid, if any one should be criticised on the defensive display it should be squills.
Reply 1017
Why Bendtner was on the wing, ill have no idea, and his finishing, oh my days, and he WONDERS how he doesn't get a place

Denilson just :facepalm: nothing more to add

I'm just happy we got a replay out of it, although i feel with a little bit more time we could of got a winner, Walcott living up to his name as the impact sub.
Reply 1018
Fabregas is too good for your club.He needs to come to a club like Inter.
Reply 1019
Although '15mil'son, Fatso and co. didn't turn up as usual, I think the criticism is slightly harsh (of course deserved to an extent). With a second team on the field the sloppiness wasn't to be unexpected, and it was propelled by a lack of confidence (which our utterly ****e home crowd were unhelpful with).

Original post by KingMessi
Arshavin. Awful.
Eboue. Average.

As for Bedtner, I can't remember many more impotent strikers...

I like Szceszny though...:top2:

What? He was excellent, I couldn't fault him once.

Latest