The Student Room Group

What Do You Think Of Guys Wearing Eyeliner?

Scroll to see replies

Always seems a bit melodramatic and emo-y imho.

Like "whoo look at me, I'm SO quirky and individual."
Original post by BlueJoker
Always seems a bit melodramatic and emo-y imho.

Like "whoo look at me, I'm SO quirky and individual."

Hmm. Well I disagree. Unfortunately thats what the majority of people's stereotyping of men who wear eyeliner.

Also I think it depends on the wearer and their personality and attitude to confirm the cocky 'look at me' attitude.
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Hmm. Well I disagree. Unfortunately thats what the majority of people's stereotyping of men who wear eyeliner.

Also I think it depends on the wearer and their personality and attitude to confirm the cocky 'look at me' attitude.

I agree it's a stereotype, but sadly it's just because of a large-ish group of people at my school. Absolutely none of them are straight (and I have gay/lesbian and one transgender friend who all agree that they doubt all of them are homosexual) and they all have hundreds of piercings "out there" clothes and loads of make up. And whenever anyone criticises their style, they jumo back with "it's who I am, I'm not going to conform to anyone's expectations, I can wear what I want." And they say this WHILE criticising other people's style and all wearing the same things as each other - if you want to be individual you have to be geniunely individual, not just conform to the types of clothes people in Camden want you to wear.
/rant
Original post by LabyrinthWonder

I agree with you also. But I think that having eyeliner put on really thickly isn't very nice. A small amount is ok! But you're right about what I made bold!
Reply 44
I saw it on a guy who was obviously channelling Captain Sparrow. Looked quite good.
Reply 45
only on synyster gates : )

Hmm....
Reply 47
Looks awful, complete and utter turn off.
Reply 48
I don't see the whole taboo with guys and make-up to be honest. It's unfair that girls can make themselves look prettier but guys just have to deal if they get a spot. Eyeliner really suits some guys and can look really hot :fan:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 49
a gender bending party.... theres your answer right there :L
its just pure gay... seriousley
Reply 50
I think man should be masculine...
Reply 51

Yes please.

Having said that,
It annoys me if both genders think they need makeup to be beautiful. You don't. Makeup is a palette for style.
Reply 52
It's REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY gay. Not homosexual. GAY.

I don't care if it looks 'hot' or whatever, you're a DUDE. Act like one.
Reply 53
Original post by qasman
It's REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY gay. Not homosexual. GAY.

I don't care if it looks 'hot' or whatever, you're a DUDE. Act like one.

I suppose you're the kind in the rugby gear, and the football shirts rolling in dirt like the non-homosexual masculine male you are. You can't get emotional, and you'll never understand your partner becaue you won't think on her level, because you are so masculine. How many cleaning products do you use? Just the bare basics, because you are a man.

If this really was an account of who you are - good for you. But I am presuming it isn't. Let those who want to be slightly more feminine than you go about their own lives. We can't all be as cool, and masculine as you are =)
I don't mind it actually, but I don't think any random guy can pull it off though. It only looks good on guys who have a certain look and attitude, I don't mean 'emo' but I mean are comfortable enough to wear it. I don't think it would look too good on a really hench manly guy, but they don't have to be feminine either.

If anyone saw JJ from Big Brother, when he put eye liner on it looked really good.
Reply 55
I wore it for halloween, dressed as clockwork orange and managed to pull one of the fittest birds I've ever seen. So for halloween it's fine but otherwise, no.

Although having said that, it's also OK if you're "out your brain on a train". See Quadrophenia for more details, he pulls it off.
(edited 13 years ago)
please no
Reply 57
Original post by Tulin
I suppose you're the kind in the rugby gear, and the football shirts rolling in dirt like the non-homosexual masculine male you are. You can't get emotional, and you'll never understand your partner becaue you won't think on her level, because you are so masculine. How many cleaning products do you use? Just the bare basics, because you are a man.

If this really was an account of who you are - good for you. But I am presuming it isn't. Let those who want to be slightly more feminine than you go about their own lives. We can't all be as cool, and masculine as you are =)

That's my opinion. Being metrosexual is fine, i.e. taking care of yourself so you don't look/smell like a gorilla, (which i do) but eyeliner is just feminine, nothing else.

And i'm loving the crap you've tried to infer just because I have an opinion held by a lot of other guys as well. we aren't divided into rugby players and eyeliner wearers you know.
Reply 58
It looks good on some guys. However, if my boyfriend or any of my male friends attempted this look I'd actually laugh out loud, as they certainly wouldn't be able to pull it off
Terrible.

Quick Reply

Latest