The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain92
I take your point but it would be a tall order for Fabregas alone to turn around that mediocre first half performance.
Arsenal had 13 shots on target, 10 off target. Leeds had 2 on target, 4 off.
Now there are at least two ways of looking at those stats: 1. Arsenal were extremely unlucky not to get more than one of those 13 on target shots in the net, or 2. Leeds defended extremely well.
Personally, a mix of the two.
I think a draw was a fair result, though disappointing as an Arsenal fan.

Luck doesn't come into it, we weren't nearly clinical enough and Schmichael had a good game.
Original post by voodoomagic

Have already looked (am a student in Leeds) and you can't, the Arsenal allocation is only available to members. First to members of the Away scheme, then Platinum, Gold, Silver and finally Red. Even basic members are at the back of a long queue.

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/172382/first-team/leeds-v-arsenal?tab=tickets

ahh s**t...well one of my friends is a leeds member so i'll see if i can get one from him and sneak into the leeds fans :rolleyes:
Original post by Billa Bong
ahh s**t...well one of my friends is a leeds member so i'll see if i can get one from him and sneak into the leeds fans :rolleyes:

May god have mercy on your soul if you cheer when Arsenal score. :tongue:
Original post by Genocidal
May god have mercy on your soul if you cheer when Arsenal score. :tongue:

hahaha yeah gotta improve my acting skills before then :tongue:
Reply 1044
Tbh, I don't think we need to sell Arshavin based on today. Bendtner, maybe.
Reply 1045
Original post by MoMatrix
Fabregas is too good for your club.He needs to come to a club like Inter.

Ur a fool
Reply 1046
arshavin bentdner squillaci DENILSON
why are you playing for arsenal
and our home fans are pathetic
Original post by voodoomagic
Luck doesn't come into it, we weren't nearly clinical enough and Schmichael had a good game.

As I said "at least two ways of looking at it".
Besides, I'd say it was pretty lucky when Leeds twice cleared more or less off the line in the first half. It was a combination of factors that influenced the result, as it always is.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1048
Original post by MoMatrix
Fabregas is too good for your club.He needs to come to a club like Inter.

To a club like Inter. :rofl:
I remember the golden days when people used to support Denilson and Bendtner in an attempt to make me looks ridiculous. LOL! How the tables have turned, a bunch of A* students who have never had an understanding of football.
Original post by ZizAli
I remember the golden days when people used to support Denilson and Bendtner in an attempt to make me looks ridiculous. LOL! How the tables have turned, a bunch of A* students who have never had an understanding of football.

Bendtner is in the same realm as Cygan always was for me.
Just awful.
I think a commentator a few years back gave a stat like Arsenal never kept a clean sheet when Cygan was in the team or something similar. Just beggars belief how these players stick it out.
Original post by Captain92
Bendtner is in the same realm as Cygan always was for me.
Just awful.
I think a commentator a few years back gave a stat like Arsenal never kept a clean sheet when Cygan was in the team or something similar. Just beggars belief how these players stick it out.

It's real simple, it's the backing from delusional fans. Fans that cheer them on week in and week out, but not because they are good players in bad form, but because these fans don't have a clue about potential and football. Anyone who knows anything about football could have told you a long time ago that Bendtner and Denilson never had a future at Arsenal but so long as these fans keep supporting them they will remain at the club and Wenger will continue to feel like he has a perfectly good squad of players.
Original post by ZizAli
It's real simple, it's the backing from delusional fans. Fans that cheer them on week in and week out, but not because they are good players in bad form, but because these fans don't have a clue about potential and football. Anyone who knows anything about football could have told you a long time ago that Bendtner and Denilson never had a future at Arsenal but so long as these fans keep supporting them they will remain at the club and Wenger will continue to feel like he has a perfectly good squad of players.

Yeah, pretty right tbh. Arshavin and Clichy have really fallen off the pace in the last year or so too, not sure why.
Maybe formation changes and players leaving have left Clichy more exposed or something. 'Shavin looks like he needs to hit the treadmill.
here Clichy says Bender is the worst player in training
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IncnwMoVFPE
Also I'm worried about Chamakh's gradual change of MO from being a man upfront, to taking U-turns. At the beginning he made decent runs at least. :facepalm2:

Fatigue ?
Original post by antonfigo
Also I'm worried about Chamakh's gradual change of MO from being a man upfront, to taking U-turns. At the beginning he made decent runs at least. :facepalm2:

Fatigue ?

He did seem tired/ stressed every time the camera zoomed in on him. Might have just been frustration as the game wore on.
Trouble we have now IMO is that our first team when working together well, is absolutely top notch. The reserve team that we saw play today is disjointed, low in confidence and apparently unable to string more than 3 passes together :eek:.

All PL clubs have to play so many matches at this time of year, but Arsenal seem to get hit the hardest somehow (although that could be some sort of victim complex :tongue:)
Reply 1056
JK.
OP
Original post by ZizAli
x

Walcott. '':smile:''
Game was frustrating mainly due to Arshavin's inability to do anything right.. I don't know why we still have Bendtner tbh...nor Denilson.

On another note, I find it funny how Walcott admitted to diving.
Original post by TheGreatest21
Game was frustrating mainly due to Arshavin's inability to do anything right.. I don't know why we still have Bendtner tbh...nor Denilson.

On another note, I find it funny how Walcott admitted to diving.

Where?!
It's alright. He's English.

Latest