The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mann18
Had it not updated already for you?

Mine updated twice, kinda worried they made a mistake.

Nope, it hadn't, but my college asked to send them a letter accepting the offer before they send it through UCAS and my mum only posted it yesterday :smile:.

I'm sure yours isn't a mistake, probably just some clerical error. Oxford admin, eh?:rolleyes:
Original post by Noble.
Has anyone's UCAS updated already, when they were initially told February in their acceptance email/letter as when UCAS would update?

Mine said February too and hasn't been updated. Those who have had yours updated already, did your letters say January?
Original post by Norbertnorbert
Mine said February too and hasn't been updated. Those who have had yours updated already, did your letters say January?

Next few weeks, mine said.
Reply 443

I think it's college dependent, since I applied to New College, and everyone I know was told February by New.
Original post by Noble.
I think it's college dependent, since I applied to New College, and everyone I know was told February by New.

Yeah I'm New too :smile: It's stupid, I know I have an offer but won't quite believe it's not a mistake until it comes through on Track. :rolleyes:
Reply 445
Yeah I'm New too :smile: It's stupid, I know I have an offer but won't quite believe it's not a mistake until it comes through on Track. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I just want to firm it and be done with UCAS.
UCAS UPDAAAAATED, never in my wildest dreams did i expect an offer from a place as amazing as oxford! can't waitt to meet you all and go get me some knowledge aha... :dance:
Reply 447
Original post by junglejungle
UCAS UPDAAAAATED, never in my wildest dreams did i expect an offer from a place as amazing as oxford! can't waitt to meet you all and go get me some knowledge aha... :dance:

Woo! Well done :smile: What college? What course?!
Reply 448
Original post by marieparis22
Nope, it hadn't, but my college asked to send them a letter accepting the offer before they send it through UCAS and my mum only posted it yesterday :smile:.

I'm sure yours isn't a mistake, probably just some clerical error. Oxford admin, eh?:rolleyes:

Ah right.

And hopefully it's just a mistake, I've e-mailed my college anyway, just to make sure, although, there were screams inside my head shouting: "Just firm it now in case it's a mistake!"
Original post by Mann18
Ah right.

And hopefully it's just a mistake, I've e-mailed my college anyway, just to make sure, although, there were screams inside my head shouting: "Just firm it now in case it's a mistake!"

I would probably do the same :smile: but I'm sure it will all resolve itself nicely.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SamF1992
Wadham here :smile:

Original post by Y.D
Medicine at wadham :biggrin:

Any one else at wadham, or doing medicine??

Hey there, have an offer for Psychology at Wadham :dance:
My offer letter was dated December 17th but UCAS track still hasn't updated yet though!!!
The other people I met at interview who got Wadham Psychology offers haven't had theirs updated yet either though.
But still, stress :frown:
Reply 451
Original post by frequent_flyer
Hey there, have an offer for Psychology at Wadham :dance:
My offer letter was dated December 17th but UCAS track still hasn't updated yet though!!!
The other people I met at interview who got Wadham Psychology offers haven't had theirs updated yet either though.
But still, stress :frown:

Another Wadham offer holder (PPE) here, no UCAS update for me, nor any of the people who I know who are also Wadham offer holders.
I just firmed Oxford :biggrin:

BTW, has anyone tried to find out their MAT score yet?
Original post by BeritV
I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread. :smile:

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
- if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Oxford Offer Holders list:

Spoiler

Hi! Can you add me to the list? I have an offer to do Classics at Queen's :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 454
Just wanted to say congrats to the engineers who got an offer this year! 940 people applied for a place, about 450 were interviewed, and 160 (17%) received an offer :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by CocoPop
Just wanted to say congrats to the engineers who got an offer this year! 940 people applied for a place, about 450 were interviewed, and 160 (17%) received an offer :smile:

Interesting!

Where did you get the stats, and are they available for other subjects?
Reply 456
Original post by LtCommanderData
Interesting!

Where did you get the stats, and are they available for other subjects?

I know maths at New was incredibly competitive this year, there were 40 applicants at interview for just 8 places. So 20%, and that's even after culling 50% of applicants with the MAT.
I just firmed Oxford :biggrin:

BTW, has anyone tried to find out their MAT score yet?

Congrats! Yeah I want to know my MAT score, how would we go about getting it would you imagine? I am thinking email
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Noble.
I know maths at New was incredibly competitive this year, there were 40 applicants at interview for just 8 places. So 20%, and that's even after culling 50% of applicants with the MAT.

I'm not sure of exact numbers, but I think it was similar at Merton (where I stayed for interviews) - there were loads of interviewees for maths

Original post by RupertTheBear
Congrats! Yeah I want to know my MAT score, how would we go about getting it would you imagine? I am thinking email

Yeah, I think the only way is to email the college asking. I decided that I would only ask for mine if I got in, and I did - but now I'm wondering if I email the college I got into or the college I applied to...?

I'm not sure of exact numbers, but I think it was similar at Merton (where I stayed for interviews) - there were loads of interviewees for maths

I'd expect that to be the same for all colleges. After all, candidates were pooled to other colleges pre-interview (and post-interview as well, of course)

For Physics, they interviewed 2.5 applicants per place. At Mansfield, we were 15 applicants for 6 places, IIRC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending