The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by kerily
Yeah, that's my offer. Joy of joys. But my school can't do anything for STEP, so I'm hoping to get an invite to this Easter STEP malarkey :smile:

What date was your interview? Mine was the 9th December - it's weird to think that I might actually have met some of these people already and just not have noticed :tongue:

I was on the 10th. Luckily, my school can give me a hand with STEP, but I'm sure you'll be okay, it's not exactly the kind of stuff you can be taught anyway :biggrin:
Reply 481
Original post by Mc^3
I was on the 10th. Luckily, my school can give me a hand with STEP, but I'm sure you'll be okay, it's not exactly the kind of stuff you can be taught anyway :biggrin:

I am yet to track down the people I spoke to on the day of my interview. Perhaps this is related to the fact that my idea of interview prep was to sit in the common room enjoying the free food and make overly-cheery conversation with people who were probably stressed out of their minds :awesome:

I don't think STEP should be too impossible without school support, but I'm still jealous of you people whose schools seem to know what Cambridge is :wink:
Original post by Bronte7
Yep it was! A*AA. Am so happy! :biggrin:

Same :biggrin: I was so shocked when I saw the letter! I was sure I'd messed up my first interview!
Original post by alima
Well I'll see you there in October then :smile:
What was your offer?

A*AA :smile: Are you doing medicine there too?
Reply 484
Original post by indifferencepersonified
Same :biggrin: I was so shocked when I saw the letter! I was sure I'd messed up my first interview!

Well it looks like you didn't :smile: Mine was all a bit of a blur to be honest. When was your interview?
Reply 485
Original post by daisy.noble
Wow well donee! I've got an offer to read Law as well but from Corpus!! What are the conditions??

Maybe see you next year! :smile:

I'm doing IB instead of A-levels, and they asked for 41 points and 7,7,6 in my highers :eek:

In their prospectus, however, they'd said between 40-42 points, so at least they didn't ask for 42! :smile:

Super-stressed right now!

How about you? What grades did they ask you for? Did you get pooled into Corpus or was that your chosen college? :smile:
Original post by lalilou
I'm doing IB instead of A-levels, and they asked for 41 points and 7,7,6 in my highers :eek:

In their prospectus, however, they'd said between 40-42 points, so at least they didn't ask for 42! :smile:

Super-stressed right now!

How about you? What grades did they ask you for? Did you get pooled into Corpus or was that your chosen college? :smile:

Ahh that sounds hard :s-smilie: yeah, could be worse then I guess!!

My offer is A*AA so it should be okay if everything goes to plan :smile:

Aww don't get stressed, just thimk of how lucky we are :smile:

Corpus was my chosen college so I'm really happy about that!
Reply 487
Original post by daisy.noble
Ahh that sounds hard :s-smilie: yeah, could be worse then I guess!!

My offer is A*AA so it should be okay if everything goes to plan :smile:

Aww don't get stressed, just thimk of how lucky we are :smile:

Corpus was my chosen college so I'm really happy about that!

Ah it's good that you ended up where you wanted as well! :smile: Congratulations and good luck! And definitely hope to be seeing you there next year! eek! x
Original post by lalilou
Ah it's good that you ended up where you wanted as well! :smile: Congratulations and good luck! And definitely hope to be seeing you there next year! eek! x

Thank you! You tooo!! See you thennnn :smile: X
Reply 489
Ahwell at least it's the same college!!
What are your conditions? and more importantly, feeling good about the offer? :biggrin:

Hello fellow Christ.. uh... fellow Christee? Fellow Christ person?
Well hello, anyway!

It was A* AA... I still can't really believe it! I'm waiting for them to email me and tell me it's not true and they emailed me by mistake :P But I'm excited! And scared, and nervous, all at the same time :biggrin:

What are your conditions? How do you feeeeel? :smile:
Well I hope to see you next october :smile:
Original post by Bronte7
Well it looks like you didn't :smile: Mine was all a bit of a blur to be honest. When was your interview?

9th December, how about you?
Reply 491
MathBoy has an offer for A*AA + Step grade 1 x2
His offer EXCLUDES his Maths grade. This seems a bit odd - anyone else come across this? Presumably they are wanting him to demonstrate that he can cope with 3 A levels at once (he has already done 5/6 Maths A level modules and will do the last one in a few weeks time).
A deep air of gloom is pervading the household.
Reply 492
Original post by anx92
OMG offer for Economics at St john's :smile: anyone else???

Hey, I got an offer at St John's for Land Economy :smile:
Reply 493
Original post by MathMum
MathBoy has an offer for A*AA + Step grade 1 x2
His offer EXCLUDES his Maths grade. This seems a bit odd - anyone else come across this? Presumably they are wanting him to demonstrate that he can cope with 3 A levels at once (he has already done 5/6 Maths A level modules and will do the last one in a few weeks time).
A deep air of gloom is pervading the household.

Sounds a bit unusual, but I guess it's because he's already done 5/6 modules, and if he's done well in the previous 5, he may already be guaranteed an a/a*. The STEP condition is fairly standard, and although the rest of the offer is a little harder than most, STEP is, and will remain, by far the hardest part of the offer, so I wouldn't fret too much about the other conditions. May I ask which college this is for, which maths modules have been done, what the marks were, and if there is any particular reason for the offer e.g. young applicant/CSAS? Having said all this, it could just be a typo, and it is probably worth consulting the college admissions office
EDIT: There also appears to be a rather large elephant in the household, which is that he did get an offer, so i don't really understand the gloom!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 494
9th December, how about you?

23rd November. Seems a very long time ago now!
Reply 495
Original post by Mc^3
Sounds a bit unusual, but I guess it's because he's already done 5/6 modules, and if he's done well in the previous 5, he may already be guaranteed an a/a*. The STEP condition is fairly standard, and although the rest of the offer is a little harder than most, STEP is, and will remain, by far the hardest part of the offer, so I wouldn't fret too much about the other conditions. May I ask which college this is for, which maths modules have been done, what the marks were, and if there is any particular reason for the offer e.g. young applicant/CSAS? Having said all this, it could just be a typo, and it is probably worth consulting the college admissions office
EDIT: There also appears to be a rather large elephant in the household, which is that he did get an offer, so i don't really understand the gloom!

Yep, the Maths A* is pretty much in the bag already (his average is over 90% on modules completed). The gloom is because he can't ditch Latin and he is rather annoyed about it! No particularly unusual circumstances - he is young for his year (birthday in July) but that's it. Offer from Queen's. He'll just have to get on with it nose firmly to grindstone.:wink:
Original post by christofu
I got an offer Medicine at Emmanuel.

A*AA for any of my A2 subjects.

I'm an international student. Anyone else going to Emma? :smile:

SNAP! You're the first other Emma Medic with an offer I've found on TSR :smile: I guess we'll potentially be meeting in 9 months time??
Reply 497
I'm a bit new to this - but have an A*AA offer for English at St Catherine's. Over the moon! But can't seem to find any other English offer holders...
Original post by Bronte7
23rd November. Seems a very long time ago now!

Wow that is a long time ago. Well, maybe we'll meet in October! Good luck with your exams! :smile:
Original post by kpatb
Hello fellow Christ.. uh... fellow Christee? Fellow Christ person?
Well hello, anyway!

It was A* AA... I still can't really believe it! I'm waiting for them to email me and tell me it's not true and they emailed me by mistake :P But I'm excited! And scared, and nervous, all at the same time :biggrin:

What are your conditions? How do you feeeeel? :smile:
Well I hope to see you next october :smile:

Haha, Christee sounds fine :tongue: Hello there!
Mine is also A*AA and I'm absolutely ecstatic, I have all my motivation to revise back now! Yes, let's hope so. Good luck with meeting the conditions! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending