The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
My sister just got a conditional offer from UCLAN! I'm waiting to hear from them too :frown:!!!

Edit - if anyone's wondering, my sister is younger than me but we're applying at the same time xD
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
After 3.5 months of waiting finally some good news on the medicine front.
Interview at Barts and the London :gah:
Now I have reason to act crazy :crazy:

AWESOME!!! Congrats :smile:
Original post by diamonddust
I got an offer from UEA!!! :woo: Over the frigging moon! I now have to work harder than I ever have in my life to meet the offer but :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
They're my first choice! I honestly didn't think I'd stand a chance!!

Huge hugs, I am sooo excited for you. I had looked up UEA on the Times list and did not realised quite how well respected they were. You learn something everytime you go on TSR.

But now get off TSR, get on with your studies and pm me in August when you get your fantastic results. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1683
Original post by purplemooncows
I'm the same, I'm on a gap year with no money so it is *extremely* tedious waiting. What is worse for me is...I already waited a year to start a university which I didn't *like* i.e. Keele Uni as it is too isolated now I need to wait longer. :frown:

I did get an unconditional offer today though so least I know I'm going now! :smile:

Ahh it must be so much worse the second time round! Congrats :biggrin: where was it from?
Got my third rejection yesterday, from UEA. Feeling wholly dispirited and disheartened with regards to this whole application process.
Reply 1685
Second offer from Nottingham Trent for History, three more to go, fingers are tightly crossed. :crossedf:

Original post by KingMessi
Got my third rejection yesterday, from UEA. Feeling wholly dispirited and disheartened with regards to this whole application process.

Ooh, third you know, sorry to hear. But you never know with the other two, chin up and all that
Reply 1686

You only need 1 :smile: Wait until you hear from the others, and if necessary re-apply next year because it sounds like you've been unlucky, this year is incredibly competitive.
Original post by rebekaht
Ahh it must be so much worse the second time round! Congrats :biggrin: where was it from?

Salford University :smile:

Keep hope! You can always apply through clearing/extra if things do go wrong. What course are you wanting to do?
Original post by purplemooncows
Keep hope! You can always apply through clearing/extra if things do go wrong. What course are you wanting to do?

I want(ed) to do English Literature at three of the universities, and English With Creative Writing at UEA and Warwick.

I know, but I have my reservations. Arrogant as this sounds, I don't really want to settle with my current grades, and, if I get the grades I'm predicted, I don't think that I should have to go through Clearing.

I'm resigned to reapplying next year and getting £15,000 more debt. How's your application going?
Original post by viola146
You only need 1 :smile: Wait until you hear from the others, and if necessary re-apply next year because it sounds like you've been unlucky, this year is incredibly competitive.

I know...It's just, with a 100% failure rate so far, Bristol's ratio being one-in-twenty-six, and Warwick being...well, Warwick, I'm doubting myself.

I know it's extremely competitive, and I hold no bitterness or anger, because there is a plethora of fantastic candidates this year more than ever. I'm more disappointed, and a bit perplexed-I don't think that I could've done any more.

How is your application going?
Do all unis send out acknowledgements? It's just Southampton haven't sent me anything and is been more than a month. :confused:
Original post by Boom Pow
Do all unis send out acknowledgements? It's just Southampton haven't sent me anything and is been more than a month. :confused:

Nope, most of mine didn't bother sending me an acknowledgement and I got offers from all of them, so it's nothing to worry about :smile:
I got my UCAS app processed on the 17th dec. Like other people i cant help but look at track all the time, eventhough i know i will probably not get any replies for a while.
I want(ed) to do English Literature at three of the universities, and English With Creative Writing at UEA and Warwick.

I know, but I have my reservations. Arrogant as this sounds, I don't really want to settle with my current grades, and, if I get the grades I'm predicted, I don't think that I should have to go through Clearing.

I'm resigned to reapplying next year and getting £15,000 more debt. How's your application going?

I understand what you mean...I'm sure you'll be lucky soon! I suppose you have applied for higher universities and they always seem more "picky", I'm not sure why really, a degree in the end, is a degree. I suppose they look for the "best" whatever that is...I know they like you have a large list of "exta" items other than exams.

My application is going *okay*...one unsucessful and one unconditional...three still waiting.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1695
agh, i'm going crazy waiting for replies. even though i sent mine in the middle of december so i probably won't get any until after jan 15...but i still can't help but check every 5 minutes. when they give u a reply they also send u an email, correct?

OMG don't get me started about UEA!:s-smilie:
I really wanted to go there to do English with Creative Writing but I was 'unsuccessful in my application' :mad: My target grades reference were good too!!!!!:frown:

Now worried about other applications:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 1697
Anyone doing nursing heard from UCLAN or LJMU yet??
Reply 1698
I know...It's just, with a 100% failure rate so far, Bristol's ratio being one-in-twenty-six, and Warwick being...well, Warwick, I'm doubting myself.

I know it's extremely competitive, and I hold no bitterness or anger, because there is a plethora of fantastic candidates this year more than ever. I'm more disappointed, and a bit perplexed-I don't think that I could've done any more.

How is your application going?

No, I don't think you could have done any more either.

It's going meh. It was a no pre-interview from Oxford, which was a long shot anyway.
Offer from Cardiff, but it is my last choice.
Interview from Kent, which is a back up and I'm just nervous now for the interview. I need to find out what they're going to ask, and as I'm doing law with french, how much is in french etc.

I've heard absolutely nothing from Warwick and UCL, and I'm hoping no news is good news.

It really depends on them now, they're my first and second. :smile:
Got a conditional offer from Leeds three days ago! my first so chuffed.

Decided it probably wnot be main choice though so not as happy as i thought id be

Quick Reply

Latest