The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by Captain92
but Arsenal seem to get hit the hardest somehow (although that could be some sort of victim complex :tongue:)

In this thread? Surely not :zomg:

Where?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9351043.stm

Here. It's all one big joke apparently.
[QUOTE="Louis.;29259954"]In this thread? Surely not :zomg:
That's what I was poking fun at :rolleyes:

He's joking that he dived or you think it's a joke that he dived and got away with it?

Edit: Just researched it, he dived for the penalty that wasn't given.
The one we scored from was genuine.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1062
Original post by Captain92
He's joking that he dived or you think it's a joke that he dived and got away with it?

No his attitude towards it. About joking around with the ref after the game and the "it's football, isn't it" comment at the end.

I have to say he's an absolute idiot for actually saying it.
I'm gobsmacked as to how casual he sounds.
He sounded quite arrogant in that clip.
I agree that he definitely shouldn't have done it, but at least we didn't get the penalty. I'd feel guilty if we did lol
Reply 1066
Original post by m:)ckel
I'm gobsmacked as to how casual he sounds.

Same. Seriously, how is it beneficial for him or arsenal to admit that!! :confused:
Original post by JK.
Walcott. '':smile:''

The way you smile to the thought of Walcott is sickening. Apart from a hat trick against Blackpool, a goal against Chelsea and one other somewhere he has done absolutely nothing. And I am not one of those people that judges a player by their goals, but when Walcott is the subject who is so destructive towards Arsenals progression as a footballing team then there is nothing else to judge him by. Woeful first touch, woeful ball control and dribbling, woeful passes, woeful player. Give him time to continuously disappoint, his performance against Man City was an abomination for one.
If you think a player putting on good displays by scoring a hat trick against a newly promoted team that conceded 6 on the day, by admitting to dive today and by getting in behind a defence that has kept 2 clean sheets in 15 games to score a goal that we all know would not happen under normal circumstances with an in form Chelsea team, then so be it, by your reckoning he is ":smile:" worthy.
Come the end of the season it will be the same old talk of how useless he is, getting booed off the pitch, and being left out of the national team again as he deserved in the World Cup.
That's one hell of a dive then, looked a penalty to me even after watching replays.
^You can tell it was a dive tbh- he actually stood on the defender's foot and then tumbled.
Dirty Arsenal !!!! **** YEAh!
Though its a shame admitting it before retirement :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh, he dived for the first penalty shout.

I thought he was saying he dived for the penalty we got. :facepalm2:
Original post by sandeep90
Oh, he dived for the first penalty shout.

I thought he was saying he dived for the penalty we got. :facepalm2:

No we're all clear on that count lol
I was content with the selection today regardless of how much Arsene overrates some of our players it should have got the job done. But it's not surprising we drew with Denilson and Rosicky in CM, hopeless. I find it hard to overly criticise the front 3 when they're being serviced by these two.

Positive today was another top performance from Djourou, he wins header after header without giving away freekicks. And Walcott who for all his **** service made a difference again (along with Cesc)
Reply 1075
Original post by ZizAli
The way you smile to the thought of Walcott is sickening. Apart from a hat trick against Blackpool, a goal against Chelsea and one other somewhere he has done absolutely nothing. And I am not one of those people that judges a player by their goals, but when Walcott is the subject who is so destructive towards Arsenals progression as a footballing team then there is nothing else to judge him by. Woeful first touch, woeful ball control and dribbling, woeful passes, woeful player. Give him time to continuously disappoint, his performance against Man City was an abomination for one.
If you think a player putting on good displays by scoring a hat trick against a newly promoted team that conceded 6 on the day, by admitting to dive today and by getting in behind a defence that has kept 2 clean sheets in 15 games to score a goal that we all know would not happen under normal circumstances with an in form Chelsea team, then so be it, by your reckoning he is ":smile:" worthy.
Come the end of the season it will be the same old talk of how useless he is, getting booed off the pitch, and being left out of the national team again as he deserved in the World Cup.

Did you not see him pick the ball out the air from Arshavin's cross!?
I was a Theo hater in previous season but he has adapted!

How the hell can you say that he is destructive towards Arsenals progression!? He gives us a complete new dimension and outlet other players can't give and we can play a much better counter attacking game with him on.

I seriously can't see how you are an Arsenal fan if you continue to slate the team year on year; a bit of self believe can go a long way!
Original post by GunnerMT
Did you not see him pick the ball out the air from Arshavin's cross!?
I was a Theo hater in previous season but he has adapted!

How the hell can you say that he is destructive towards Arsenals progression!? He gives us a complete new dimension and outlet other players can't give and we can play a much better counter attacking game with him on.

I seriously can't see how you are an Arsenal fan if you continue to slate the team year on year; a bit of self believe can go a long way!

Walcott will never ever threaten teams on a consistent basis. He lacks the football brain and positional awareness. If you watch a full 90 minute game and tell me that he looks good throughout then you haven no idea what it means to be a good footballer.
Original post by ZizAli
Walcott will never ever threaten teams on a consistent basis. He lacks the football brain and positional awareness. If you watch a full 90 minute game and tell me that he looks good throughout then you haven no idea what it means to be a good footballer.

He troubled Barca at both legs , set up arshavin vs liverpool , set up adebayor vs liverpool on another match. Set up a goal at Milan. Scored at Chelsea , set up fabregas at Chelsea. His movement created space for Nasri's goal vs United @ 2008.And today he caused a goal.
Scored a hattrick + more goals this season. Shows good early finishing. And good instinctive finishing ( last of our CL match). And he's generally improving. All this and hes 20 only years old !

These are not a couple of games - or a good patch of form.

He has Pace and decent finishing and yields good result. Does not panic at big matches. Sure he makes some stupid decisions sometimes but he is young and improving. Play good players around him and he will turn up positively.

If you are talking about technique , sure he cannot be compared to the likes of rvp , fabregas or even vela.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sandeep90
That's one hell of a dive then, looked a penalty to me even after watching replays.

:yes:. It was an almost perfect dive.
Original post by ZizAli

He won't look good throughout because he's not very good with the ball at his feet. But that doesn't make him a bad player because a lot of the time he's wasting opportunities that have only come about because of his runs. He might get in behind 10 times and only create 2 goals but that's better than another player who gets in behind 3 times and only creates 1 goal. People focus on his final ball too much assuming you could just replace him with someone with a better delivery and they'd create much more. They wouldn't get in half the positions Theo gets in, he makes good runs and not just because of his pace

Arshavin is a good footballer but you will rarely ever see him look good throughout these days
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest