How long does it take to write a 2500 word essay ? Watch

grabattack
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
How long will it take considering i have all the jounals i will need and i have done most of my pre-reading.
It's not a hard or even boring topic, just such a long essay to write for it

Any ideas on time ?

tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
4 hours? including improvements at the end.
CapnHooch
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you knuckle down you could finish it this evening.
Coda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on the topic, your ability to understand it, your typing speed, your concentration. Too many factors influence it. Just get on with it and get off TSR.
SPMS
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
4 hours? including improvements at the end.
I would go with that, depends on the quality of the content as well I guess.
ButterflyOfFreedom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
More time if you spend it on here asking :P. More seriously, you should be able to knock it out in a day - maybe less if you're feeling particularly motivated and know roughly what you're going to say.
I did 2000 words of a 3000 word essay in about 8 hours the other day but everyone is different and the essay I ended up with wasn't of very good quality.

Edit to add: obviously I am a slow essay writer.
Miss Behaving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
While we're on the topic, I have a 1,000 word essay but I'm not very good at doing the readings. Any tips? Thanks
Get Real
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have till Monday 10AM to write a 3,000 word English Essay. Goodbye.
losingtouch.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i just wrote over 1000 words in just over an hour for a philosophy essay. soo.. it shouldn't take THAT long. you can finish it this evening, definitely.
ButterflyOfFreedom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do you need to work out what to write (content and structure) or just write up already planned paragraphs?
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My average is about 1000 words/hour, although I can write faster than this if I know what I'm writing about and I'm really into it. Thank God for MacBook keyboards
thedepressedchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For me, about 25/26 hours.
grabattack
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Yeah was thinking i have enough time
thnxs all

(Original post by Miss Behaving)
While we're on the topic, I have a 1,000 word essay but I'm not very good at doing the readings. Any tips? Thanks
In answer i'm not really doing a subject that take much reading (Geology) however the little reading i have to do plus the essay journals, i find it easier to do them over a few days rather than read and not take anything in ... it's just one of those things that if u've got it, you will never forget it

Good luck all
x
CookieDoughLove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wow, everyone seems to do essays so quickly. After all the preparation, I tend to take a week to write an essay. But I do mine in little chunks, I get so bored if I do it in large chunks. I'm jealous of people who can do them in a couple of hours though.
Miss Behaving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by grabattack)
Yeah was thinking i have enough time
thnxs all

In answer i'm not really doing a subject that take much reading (Geology) however the little reading i have to do plus the essay journals, i find it easier to do them over a few days rather than read and not take anything in ... it's just one of those things that if u've got it, you will never forget it

Good luck all
x
Urgh you lucky thing. I do History and I regret choosing it so much! I didn't realise how much reading there was and how dull it all is. I just feel so overwhelmed by it all. I don't think I'm going to last long in this course if I'm completely honest.
chidona
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on you, but I'd say 2 days max, really, if you weren't doing anything else.

Also, 2.5k words is not a lot!
Inseriousity.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CookieDoughLove)
Wow, everyone seems to do essays so quickly. After all the preparation, I tend to take a week to write an essay. But I do mine in little chunks, I get so bored if I do it in large chunks. I'm jealous of people who can do them in a couple of hours though.
That's what I was just thinking! I don't take a week but I also do it in little chunks too otherwise it just bores me. 1000 words a day is my average atm
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tbh, doing the reading is the longest part. If you've read your material, taken good notes and planned as you went along, you should be able to write it out in a constant stream.
Samz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CookieDoughLove)
Yeah I have to do this too! It takes me about a week - two weeks to do all the reading and research because I get bored so easily, then another week to write the thing. I had essays coming out of my ears that were due after Christmas and some people had finished them before we broke up. :eek: I'd barely started the reading, ha. I'm so slow!
concubine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're asking this question, you're doomed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (70)
57.38%
No (52)
42.62%

Watched Threads