The Student Room Group

How long does it take to write a 2500 word essay ?

How long will it take considering i have all the jounals i will need and i have done most of my pre-reading.
It's not a hard or even boring topic, just such a long essay to write for it

Any ideas on time ?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
4 hours? including improvements at the end.
Reply 2
If you knuckle down you could finish it this evening.
Reply 3
Depends on the topic, your ability to understand it, your typing speed, your concentration. Too many factors influence it. Just get on with it and get off TSR.
Reply 4
Original post by tehforum
4 hours? including improvements at the end.

I would go with that, depends on the quality of the content as well I guess.
More time if you spend it on here asking :P. More seriously, you should be able to knock it out in a day - maybe less if you're feeling particularly motivated and know roughly what you're going to say.
I did 2000 words of a 3000 word essay in about 8 hours the other day but everyone is different and the essay I ended up with wasn't of very good quality.
:smile:

Edit to add: obviously I am a slow essay writer.
While we're on the topic, I have a 1,000 word essay but I'm not very good at doing the readings. Any tips? Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
I have till Monday 10AM to write a 3,000 word English Essay. Goodbye. :smile:
i just wrote over 1000 words in just over an hour for a philosophy essay. soo.. it shouldn't take THAT long. you can finish it this evening, definitely.
Do you need to work out what to write (content and structure) or just write up already planned paragraphs?
Reply 10
My average is about 1000 words/hour, although I can write faster than this if I know what I'm writing about and I'm really into it. Thank God for MacBook keyboards :biggrin:
For me, about 25/26 hours.
Reply 12
Yeah was thinking i have enough time :smile:
thnxs all :smile:

Original post by Miss Behaving
While we're on the topic, I have a 1,000 word essay but I'm not very good at doing the readings. Any tips? Thanks :smile:

In answer i'm not really doing a subject that take much reading (Geology) however the little reading i have to do plus the essay journals, i find it easier to do them over a few days rather than read and not take anything in ... it's just one of those things that if u've got it, you will never forget it :smile:

Good luck all
x
Wow, everyone seems to do essays so quickly. After all the preparation, I tend to take a week to write an essay. But I do mine in little chunks, I get so bored if I do it in large chunks. I'm jealous of people who can do them in a couple of hours though.
Original post by grabattack
Yeah was thinking i have enough time :smile:
thnxs all :smile:

In answer i'm not really doing a subject that take much reading (Geology) however the little reading i have to do plus the essay journals, i find it easier to do them over a few days rather than read and not take anything in ... it's just one of those things that if u've got it, you will never forget it :smile:

Good luck all
x

Urgh you lucky thing. I do History and I regret choosing it so much! I didn't realise how much reading there was and how dull it all is. I just feel so overwhelmed by it all. I don't think I'm going to last long in this course if I'm completely honest.
Reply 15
Depends on you, but I'd say 2 days max, really, if you weren't doing anything else.

Also, 2.5k words is not a lot!
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Wow, everyone seems to do essays so quickly. After all the preparation, I tend to take a week to write an essay. But I do mine in little chunks, I get so bored if I do it in large chunks. I'm jealous of people who can do them in a couple of hours though.

That's what I was just thinking! I don't take a week but I also do it in little chunks too otherwise it just bores me. 1000 words a day is my average atm
Tbh, doing the reading is the longest part. If you've read your material, taken good notes and planned as you went along, you should be able to write it out in a constant stream.
Reply 18
Original post by CookieDoughLove

Yeah I have to do this too! It takes me about a week - two weeks to do all the reading and research because I get bored so easily, then another week to write the thing. :frown: I had essays coming out of my ears that were due after Christmas and some people had finished them before we broke up. :eek: I'd barely started the reading, ha. I'm so slow!
You're asking this question, you're doomed.

Quick Reply