The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amy124
mine hasn't and i applied in october :frown: waiting it out isn't so fun.

I sent mine in September. :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by LookAliveSunshine
yes, are you as well?
which college did you apply to? i went for castle, ambitious but ah well....

SAAAME!
I thought well if i don't apply to Castle there is NO chance of me getting in...worth the risk i reakon!:smile:
Has your AES changed yet??
And when did you send off your application if you don't mind?:colondollar:
Original post by nuttynatz
I have no clue.. the practice tests went well, but I ran out of time on the multiple choice so had to guess the last few :s-smilie:.. and have a bad feeling about my essay. So overall.. it was pretty terrible :confused: I just hope I'm wrong!:wink: And you??

I really need it to go well.. I don't have GCSE's because we don't do them in South Africa, and when I came to Portugal I went straight to IB. So I really need the LNAT to be good :s-smilie:

I'm literally losing my mind.. a lot of my friends have got offers over the last week, so its making me more anxious! :s-smilie:

Literally everyone says that the LNAT went badly for them...i think it's just hard to know how well you do when there is nothing to compare it with.
I really don't think you should worry about not having GCSE's, if your predicted good IB's then im sure they would recognise your intellegence and probs welcome someone who isn't the standard run of the mill :biggrin:
Has your AES changed yet??:colondollar:
:
Original post by kay_mart1
Literally everyone says that the LNAT went badly for them...i think it's just hard to know how well you do when there is nothing to compare it with.
I really don't think you should worry about not having GCSE's, if your predicted good IB's then im sure they would recognise your intellegence and probs welcome someone who isn't the standard run of the mill :biggrin:
Has your AES changed yet??:colondollar:

Thanks.. heres hoping you're right. Still no change in AES, still at the department :angry: How about your's? Now its just getting irratating... :mad: Still better to still be at the department under consideration, then to have a quick rejection :biggrin:

I don't think mine will change until after the 15th... just hoping it will be sent to college! :eek:
Original post by e.lau16
no i havent heard yet :frown: i applied like late november..i think the 23rd? soo...maybe a while to go yet. I applied for Politics and Sociology.

oo very nice combination! :smile:
did you choose a college?

good luck with your application and I hope you hear soon - I know waiting around feels like AGONY.
Original post by Ollie901
I sent mine in September. :frown:

ah, that sucks.. still no news is good news.. and the wait will be worth it if you get an offer! What have you applied for? if you don't mind me asking:colondollar:
Reply 2306
Original post by webber8345
oo very nice combination! :smile:
did you choose a college?

good luck with your application and I hope you hear soon - I know waiting around feels like AGONY.

yehh i chose Hatfield :smile: thanks! good luck with urs too..hope u hear soon :biggrin:
Original post by nuttynatz
:

Thanks.. heres hoping you're right. Still no change in AES, still at the department :angry: How about your's? Now its just getting irratating... :mad: Still better to still be at the department under consideration, then to have a quick rejection :biggrin:

I don't think mine will change until after the 15th... just hoping it will be sent to college! :eek:

No change for me either...
Ok, im going to forget about Durham untill the 15th :redface:
:biggrin:
Reply 2308
Original post by Flibbles
Any mature students in here? If so, did you receive any emails other than the acknowledgement one? I'm a little concerned that my junk mail folder ate and deleted them, as I didn't check it for months. ><

I'm "mature" (24), I'm applying for law. I haven't had anything except an acknowledgement either - although my AES did change the other day, which I HOPE is a good sign. I've really wanted to
Get in to Durham, especially after I was rejected by Oxford! What are you applying for, BTW?
No change for me either...
Ok, im going to forget about Durham untill the 15th :redface:
:biggrin:

Ha... easiar said than done! :biggrin: although TSR is proving a good distraction.. but its also distracting me from maths which is not so good:tongue:
Does anybody know how shared rooms are allocated in the colleges that have quite a few shared rooms?
Is it determined by the price of accomodation you want to pay or is it just random? Perhaps people that put Durham as their insurance are given it as punishment? lol I don't know - any ideas or information?
SAAAME!
I thought well if i don't apply to Castle there is NO chance of me getting in...worth the risk i reakon!:smile:
Has your AES changed yet??
And when did you send off your application if you don't mind?:colondollar:

haha! well hopefully we'll see each other next year!
no its still the same, nightmare!
I sent it off mid november, so not that long ago, what about you?
Out of interest, where else did you apply?
Rooms are allocated once places have been confirmed in August...you're sent some sort of personality form to work out who to put you with, and in colleges where you only share one term you can choose whether you'd prefer to share first term or in a subsequent term (well, this is what happened with Trevs). Then everyone sharing in the first term/all year is told who their roomie is a couple of weeks or so before you go up to Durham, think we got an e-mail address too, so you can talk to them a bit. I was in a weird situation where coincidentally I was paired with a girl I'd already been talking to for a few months, especially weird as although we were friends we had very little in common. Some pairings were even weirder, but some were perfect.
Original post by purple-girl
Rooms are allocated once places have been confirmed in August...you're sent some sort of personality form to work out who to put you with, and in colleges where you only share one term you can choose whether you'd prefer to share first term or in a subsequent term (well, this is what happened with Trevs). Then everyone sharing in the first term/all year is told who their roomie is a couple of weeks or so before you go up to Durham, think we got an e-mail address too, so you can talk to them a bit. I was in a weird situation where coincidentally I was paired with a girl I'd already been talking to for a few months, especially weird as although we were friends we had very little in common. Some pairings were even weirder, but some were perfect.

Brill! thank you so much :smile:
Original post by webber8345
I know how you feel!! I'm so excited about Durham but I want to get excited about the college. I really like the one I applied to, Hatfield, but I'll be happy anywhere, I just want to knooow.
which one did you apply to?

St Cuthberts! I have a friend who got into Hatfield for PPE, and another who has applied for French but hasn't heard if she's got an offer yet :smile:. What have you applied for?
Original post by LookAliveSunshine
haha! well hopefully we'll see each other next year!
no its still the same, nightmare!
I sent it off mid november, so not that long ago, what about you?
Out of interest, where else did you apply?

I applied mid Nov too!! Wierd:smile:
Urm, i have offers from Manchester, newcastle and Liverpool. Waiting to hear back from Warwick and ...obv...Durham:biggrin:
And you??
Original post by alexcs
St Cuthberts! I have a friend who got into Hatfield for PPE, and another who has applied for French but hasn't heard if she's got an offer yet :smile:. What have you applied for?

cool, im jealous of your friend
i've applied for anthropology
Original post by riever86
I'm "mature" (24), I'm applying for law. I haven't had anything except an acknowledgement either - although my AES did change the other day, which I HOPE is a good sign. I've really wanted to
Get in to Durham, especially after I was rejected by Oxford! What are you applying for, BTW?

I've applied for history @ josephine butler. I really like the college system of Durham and it would definitely be my 'firm' choice if I'm given an offer.
I applied to Cambridge and got rejected and frankly I'm relieved as I think I'd get on with the people at Durham better and that really is a great deal of the 'uni experience', excellent education aside.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2318
Original post by Whitworth92
Offer for Economics L100 Durham :biggrin: Definitely keen to go there... anyone else likely to firm?

Hey,
I got an offer as well, conditional.. at St. Hild and Bede
Which college did u apply to?

I applied to Warwick but nothing yet.. so ill most probably firm Durham!! Its great from what i've heard and seen. :biggrin:
Original post by Flibbles
I've applied for history @ josephine butler. I really like the college system of Durham and it would definitely be my 'firm' choice if I'm given an offer.
I applied to Cambridge and got rejected and frankly I'm relieved as I think I'd get on with the people at Durham better and that really is a great deal of the 'uni experience', excellent education aside.

I feel EXACTLY the same. I didn't get into Oxford but I really wasn't that gutted about it.
Obviously noone likes to be rejected but Durham was what I really wanted and I heard about their offer 2 days after Oxford's response.
Its just when I was in Oxford for the interviews, it was lovely and I met a few cool, like-minded people but I really wasn't that enthused about the college itself and the majority of the people there. They were all nice, we just didn't really click.
And while I loved the course there, I love the course everywhere I've applied so it really comes down to the experience and I think Durham ticks more of my priority boxes.

good luck with your offer!

Latest

Trending

Trending