The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

user name: 4everstelar
course: Econ and East European studies
Entry: 2011
doing the IB with 38 predicted

hah sent in my ucas application today... so do you think it's too late? do the unis care when you sent it in, especially if it is close to 15 Jan?? Also, anyone else applying for this course?
sorry for the question overload, but i am very very nervous :confused:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by imazing
Not a word, unfortunately, where else have you applied?

Basically, I can handle rejection if I get an offer from another of my top ones. But if not I'll be sadddd

Kings, Bristol, Nottingham and Royal Holloway

Got an offer from Nottingham AAB and have been asked for an interview for Royal Holloway but have heard nothing from my top ones :frown:

I know what you mean. What about you? Where else have you applied?
Reply 2082
Original post by ragaa
anyone here who has/had interview for medicine??

i had mine last year, im a first year medical student at UCL now.

its pretty straightforward, just know your personal statement like the back of your hand - they tend to pick out little things you've said and question you on them.
and just be confident - and even if you're not, pretend!

goodluck! :smile:
Reply 2083
Original post by RiZzii3
i had mine last year, im a first year medical student at UCL now.

its pretty straightforward, just know your personal statement like the back of your hand - they tend to pick out little things you've said and question you on them.
and just be confident - and even if you're not, pretend!

goodluck! :smile:

how are you finding ucl?
Reply 2084
Original post by ragaa
how are you finding ucl?

its goood :biggrin:

but theres SO much stuff to learn :| you need quite abit of self motivation - there arent any deadlines so its up to you whether you're gonna do the work or not.
you'll make great friends aswell, theres about 350 medics i think? and yeah everyones REALLY nice to first years :smile:

i think in my year there were about 10 people who dropped out in the first 2weeks lol
so yeah you need to be 100% sure that you wanna do medicine - dont mean to scare you but its pretty tough..
Reply 2085
Hey,
Im a resit candidate, applied last year but missed my offer, should i expect the out come of my application to come more towards end of deadline?, ie march because UCL want to look at all other candidates from this year first. Ive got acknowledgements few weeks ago. Congratz to everyone with offers and hang in there peeps who are waiting.
Original post by Amrita12
Law with French Law
A tad nervous about the reply, have heard nothing.
Also haven't come across many others applying for my course!

I'm applying for Law with French Law, and have an interview on the 19th, which I am dreading, but I wouldn't worry, they will probably do it waves or something similar! Where else have you applied?
Original post by stupot211
February 2nd, they suggested mid-january but can't be dealing with that in the middle of exams!

Yeah I'm going on the same day, I just need to get these exams out of the way first!
Reply 2088
Original post by Frenanceo

I'm applying for Law with French Law, and have an interview on the 19th, which I am dreading, but I wouldn't worry, they will probably do it waves or something similar! Where else have you applied?

Well done on getting an interview and good luck for it! :smile:
Ahh hopefully! I have applied to Leicester, Sheffield, East Anglia and Lincoln (but forget lincoln im definitely not going there!) And have offers for all of them, just waiting for UCL!
Where else have you applied?
Well done on getting an interview and good luck for it! :smile:
Ahh hopefully! I have applied to Leicester, Sheffield, East Anglia and Lincoln (but forget lincoln im definitely not going there!) And have offers for all of them, just waiting for UCL!
Where else have you applied?

Thank you and nice work on your offers, I've applied to Sheffield Leeds, Birmingham and have offers from there, just waiting on Bristol and UCL, but i'm worrying about the French part of the interview, so woo! How did you find the Lnat?
Reply 2090

Thank you and nice work on your offers, I've applied to Sheffield Leeds, Birmingham and have offers from there, just waiting on Bristol and UCL, but i'm worrying about the French part of the interview, so woo! How did you find the Lnat?

Thanks, great choices! And well done on your offers too...What do you reckon the French part of the interview will include? I'm sure you'll do fine anyway, oooh god I didn't find the lnat too great at the time, especially the essay, I ran out of time and didn't get to read it through at the end! How was yours?
Thanks, great choices! And well done on your offers too...What do you reckon the French part of the interview will include? I'm sure you'll do fine anyway, oooh god I didn't find the lnat too great at the time, especially the essay, I ran out of time and didn't get to read it through at the end! How was yours?

I'm hoping nothing to hard, as they will realise i'm just an alevel student, but probably things like, why law with french, and current french legal issues or something! I'll just have to see what happens and hope! Yes i thought the Lnat was horrendous, and i nearly ran out of time on the essay too, so i completely stressed and wrote a load of crap! I'm quite interested to see how i've done though, because i think its one of those things where you can't really tell, it could go either way!
Reply 2092
Applying for BSc. in Computer Science (G400)
Still haven't heard back from them though :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2093
Anyone got an offer for UCL Economics L100 yet?
I sent my UCAS off 3 months exactly today, and still waiting.
My mate sent his UCAS roughly the same time and got a rejection 2 weeks after. No news is good news, I hope? :smile:
Reply 2094
Original post by ajs2602
Anyone got an offer for UCL Economics L100 yet?
I sent my UCAS off 3 months exactly today, and still waiting.
My mate sent his UCAS roughly the same time and got a rejection 2 weeks after. No news is good news, I hope? :smile:

My friend got an offer in November I think, atm no news looks like good news though :biggrin:
Reply 2095
Original post by goldandelion
Kings, Bristol, Nottingham and Royal Holloway

Got an offer from Nottingham AAB and have been asked for an interview for Royal Holloway but have heard nothing from my top ones :frown:

I know what you mean. What about you? Where else have you applied?

King's, Durham, Royal Holloway And Swansea.

I've got Swansea offer ABB and RHUL interview, but that's it.
It's the most frustrating thing ever when most of my friends have all of theirs.
Reply 2096

I'm hoping nothing to hard, as they will realise i'm just an alevel student, but probably things like, why law with french, and current french legal issues or something! I'll just have to see what happens and hope! Yes i thought the Lnat was horrendous, and i nearly ran out of time on the essay too, so i completely stressed and wrote a load of crap! I'm quite interested to see how i've done though, because i think its one of those things where you can't really tell, it could go either way!

Yeah I'm sure it won't be that bad... oh I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was terrible! But yeah I agree, we will have to wait and see. A few people have been rejected purely because their lnat was too low, but hopefully we did ok! What did you get in AS's if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2097
Original post by ajs2602
No news is good news, I hope? :smile:

I surely hope so!
Original post by Achso
I received an invitation to interview yesterday, but I'm doing Law with German Law.

Anyone else got interviews for 'Law with French/German/whatever Law'? Or does anyone know what percentage of applicants are given interviews?

Hey I have an interview for Law with French, just wondering if you have had yours already? If so how was it and Hope you get your offer!
Yeah I'm sure it won't be that bad... oh I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was terrible! But yeah I agree, we will have to wait and see. A few people have been rejected purely because their lnat was too low, but hopefully we did ok! What did you get in AS's if you don't mind me asking?

No its totally fine, I got AAAA :smile: how about you? Do you know how many places they offer btw?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending