The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Damn New York stole it. Unbelievable. Both of last years Super Bowl teams are out in the first round of the play-offs in the same day. Did not expect this. Especially the Saints.
Reply 261
Urgh.

So basically, the Patriots are allowed to walk into the AFC Championship game.
Well done Blair White/Jacob Lacey.
just lost 50 quid on the colts, how on earth did they lose
Original post by Genocidal
Damn New York stole it. Unbelievable. Both of last years Super Bowl teams are out in the first round of the play-offs in the same day. Did not expect this. Especially the Saints.

Saints got outplayed, nothing more to it.
Original post by Mann18
Urgh.

I wouldn't blame it on them personally, the Colts defence wasn't up to scratch tbh.
Reply 265
Original post by alphaeta08
Well, it's weird, I live up north really close to Chicago (the accent is from when I lived in Dallas), so we're like 75% Bears fans here. Except for watching the Saints to see Drew play, we're a Bears family. I think I only went to one Cowboys game when I was little, but I'm not too big on pro sports anyway. I LOVE college sports, though, especially basketball (yay Purdue!).

Purdue aren't fit to clean MSU's boots. :colonhash:

I'm speaking solely from an American Football perspective here, I don't watch much basketball, and I "support" the Pacers (I took Indiana as my US hometown, although I like Syracuse too, who have quite the basketball team I believe:awesome: )

Right, I'm out, screw you Rex Ryan, screw you Nick Folk, and screw you NBC for not forcing the game to be played at a time where I wouldn't have to go bed pissed.
Original post by nahm sayn?
just lost 50 quid on the colts, how on earth did they lose

By playing inferior to the Jets and allowing 17 second half points AND by allowing Mark FREAKING Sanchez to engineer a game winning drive when he couldn't engineer a sandwich.
Reply 267
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
I wouldn't blame it on them personally, the Colts defence wasn't up to scratch tbh.

Blair White catches that pass on 3rd and 7, we win.
Jacob Lacey mans up and prevents Edwards from coming down with that ball, we may win.
Our Special Teams makes a frickin' play and stops Cromartie returning it 45 yards, we probably win.

You're right, it's not really their fault, but I'm still annoyed that we threw away this game, 45 seconds left, we kick it back to them, and they win.

Unbelievable.
The worst thing is, I have a douche of a Pats fan friend who has already begun banter procedures. :facepalm:
Original post by Mann18
Urgh.

I think we will win but it's far from a walk on.

Saints were walk on winners earlier...

Besides, Jets have a good run game, an effective pass attack (when Sanchez doesn't choke) which can exploit our poor pass D.

It all comes down to whether the Jets secondary can stop Brady. I don't think Ryan would allow us to stomp on them again. Besides they already beat us once this season.

I think Pats will win, but not by much. Probably 10 points in it, perhaps even a field goal.
Original post by Mann18
Blair White catches that pass on 3rd and 7, we win.
Jacob Lacey mans up and prevents Edwards from coming down with that ball, we may win.
Our Special Teams makes a frickin' play and stops Cromartie returning it 45 yards, we probably win.

You're right, it's not really their fault, but I'm still annoyed that we threw away this game, 45 seconds left, we kick it back to them, and they win.

Unbelievable.
The worst thing is, I have a douche of a Pats fan friend who has already begun banter procedures. :facepalm:

I'm a Pats fan coz they are the first team i saw play, but i mainly want to see the Jets burn. Rex Ryan = Fat useless prick.
Original post by Mann18

I'm speaking solely from an American Football perspective here, I don't watch much basketball, and I "support" the Pacers (I took Indiana as my US hometown, although I like Syracuse too, who have quite the basketball team I believe:awesome: )

Right, I'm out, screw you Rex Ryan, screw you Nick Folk, and screw you NBC for not forcing the game to be played at a time where I wouldn't have to go bed pissed.

MSU (and every other Big Ten team) can SUCK IT!:biggrin:

Haha, you can come hang out in Indiana if you want, I'm sure it'll give you a new appreciation for... corn. And cows. And stuff. Believe me, I've given up on Purdue football for the next... ten years or so.:frown:
Original post by Mann18

Boston College right here! As well as Michigan Wolverines :P
Reply 272
Original post by S129439
I think we will win but it's far from a walk on.

Saints were walk on winners earlier...

Besides, Jets have a good run game, an effective pass attack (when Sanchez doesn't choke) which can exploit our poor pass D.

It all comes down to whether the Jets secondary can stop Brady. I don't think Ryan would allow us to stomp on them again. Besides they already beat us once this season.

I think Pats will win, but not by much. Probably 10 points in it, perhaps even a field goal.

You play any run heavy team, at home, you'll wreck it.
Jets- run heavy team.
You're playing at home.

Thus, you'll wreck it.

I hope you absolutely destroy them, and then get knocked out by the Chiefs (in an ideal world) or the Ravens/Steelers.
Original post by Mann18
You play any run heavy team, at home, you'll wreck it.
Jets- run heavy team.
You're playing at home.

Thus, you'll wreck it.

I hope you absolutely destroy them, and then get knocked out by the Chiefs (in an ideal world) or the Ravens/Steelers.

We'd NEVER get knocked out by Chiefs or Ravens, most likely to be Steelers and Capt. "She Said No."
Reply 274
Original post by alphaeta08
MSU (and every other Big Ten team) can SUCK IT!:biggrin:

Haha, you can come hang out in Indiana if you want, I'm sure it'll give you a new appreciation for... corn. And cows. And stuff. Believe me, I've given up on Purdue football for the next... ten years or so.:frown:

Don't hate just because your little team isn't very good.

Indiana is a futuristic metropolis.
I will hear no accusations that it is mainly countryside.

I think it may be wise, Purdue isn't very good at anything.

I say, this, fully aware of the irony that my own professional team was literally beaten less than 10 minutes ago.
Original post by Mann18
The Ravens and the Steelers (with their trusty rapacious Quarterback (although, apparently, all he did ply some 20 year olds with alcohol which is an offence due to the 21+ age limit in the US)) could both legitimately beat you.

The Chiefs, not so much, but I'd love to see the effort.

For the Ravens, you just need to Blitz, as their protection is AWFUL. As i say, steelers have mendenhall and She Said No, so they've got every chance. Chiefs not so much, but could end up like the Hawks
Reply 276
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
For the Ravens, you just need to Blitz, as their protection is AWFUL. As i say, steelers have mendenhall and She Said No, so they've got every chance. Chiefs not so much, but could end up like the Hawks

You blitz, they go deep (Flacco is pretty good, and they have a talented WR roster) they win.

I think the way to beat the Ravens is to send blitzes to one side, man cover the other side, and double up on the main WR on the side you're blitzing at.

Hopefully Flacco will be pressured into tossing it into double coverage, but who knows?

Ray Rice is awesome don't forget, and that defence is probably the best in the league.
Original post by S129439
By playing inferior to the Jets and allowing 17 second half points AND by allowing Mark FREAKING Sanchez to engineer a game winning drive when he couldn't engineer a sandwich.

actually i think the only reason the jets won, the same as the seahawks, is because i bet on the colts, and saints..

i bet on arsenal to win at at home and they barely drew with leeds....

i am cursed
Reply 278
Original post by nahm sayn?
actually i think the only reason the jets won, the same as the seahawks, is because i bet on the colts, and saints..

i bet on arsenal to win at at home and they barely drew with leeds....

i am cursed

Do you have a bet on Packers v Eagles tonight? :beard:
Anyone watching Chiefs vs Ravens ATM?

Latest