The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Did CSSD audition, got to the 'afternoon/recall' stage ..... I'll talk about in my blog later, afternoon session was a lot better than last years, that's for sure.

New blog on the audition is here - http://zayneschool.blogspot.com/2011/01/central-school-of-speech-and-dramaaaa.html .
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Sarahleex
it has to be a 2 minute devised piece on my self it sounds so easy to do but im actually finding it so difficult !!

Do you have the guidelines that LIPA have sent you? That would help us help you, if you want it :smile:
Zayne you should have had me for your tour guide. I am the Queen of Central's tour guides :biggrin:
Reply 143
Original post by chompers
Ahhh nice one, what offer did you get? Also, how was the essay thing?

CSSD was alrightey, really informal and relaxing. It's just group work in the mornings with no right or wrong answers, just ideasss. The photos and items aren't overlly important, as to what they are i mean. And then the afternoon there are the interviews, where you all sit in a room, and they go on around the edge with the relevant tutor. Interviews seemed to last about 20 minutes or so, not too bad really.

Good luck to you tooooo! x

It was for 240 UCAS points...I'm living in Hong Kong though, even though i'm scottish and get home status....so it was over skype. They didn't ask me to prepare an essay or even a portfolio....he gave me the offer at the interview...it was quite strange. Made them seem quite unprofessional compared to all the other work i've done for my choices, but anyway. Good luck with yours, i'm sure it'll be awesome, the guy was really nice again, kinda like what you thought of CSSD. :smile:
Reply 144
Hey there

Thought I'd pop in and join this topic as I have interviews for Costume at Central and Rose Bruford in March. Thrilled to even get an interview but also crappin' mesen! Anyone else with interviews in March? I'd also be really grateful of any portfolio advice...

Cheers!
Reply 145
Original post by tactac
It was for 240 UCAS points...I'm living in Hong Kong though, even though i'm scottish and get home status....so it was over skype. They didn't ask me to prepare an essay or even a portfolio....he gave me the offer at the interview...it was quite strange. Made them seem quite unprofessional compared to all the other work i've done for my choices, but anyway. Good luck with yours, i'm sure it'll be awesome, the guy was really nice again, kinda like what you thought of CSSD. :smile:

Oh righteyyy, FAIR ENOUGH!! Had my interview yesterday, and they did the same offer-wise. For the four people there, they did it for 3 of us - we didn't see the first girl after hers. But I'm waiting til it comes through on UCAS for me to go "woo got an offer", haha!
Anyone got any tips for a non-naturalistic monologue? Need one for my Salford audition on Wednesday, and I have no idea!
Reply 147
Original post by tinyred
The essay for them isn't hard at all :smile:

Awesome, goodo, that's a load off my mind :biggrin: (interview's not til March, and im very impatient) :L

Original post by francescarella
about that... yeah, RADA is actually operating on a massive deficit right now, so I'd be careful to assume they can continue this "massive budget" speculation :wink:

Ahhh poop, well, RADA still looks awesome, aaaand i have my CSSD interview next week! Eeek! Not sure what to do for the "bring an object that reminds you of a story, remembered or imagined" bit... what have other people done? (just to help me choose a suitable object?) :s-smilie: x
I have my CSSD on Monday! My first audition eek.
Nervous :frown:
Drama Degree at Uni worth it?
Original post by Rich!!
Awesome, goodo, that's a load off my mind :biggrin: (interview's not til March, and im very impatient) :L

Ahhh poop, well, RADA still looks awesome, aaaand i have my CSSD interview next week! Eeek! Not sure what to do for the "bring an object that reminds you of a story, remembered or imagined" bit... what have other people done? (just to help me choose a suitable object?) :s-smilie: x

Heyaa :wink:
I took a sound clip of a song I found particularly moving... Other objects ranged from bluetack to masks... Tbh its not overly important what the object is as long as you can argue and explain your choice
xxx
Original post by peapod86
Hey there

Thought I'd pop in and join this topic as I have interviews for Costume at Central and Rose Bruford in March. Thrilled to even get an interview but also crappin' mesen! Anyone else with interviews in March? I'd also be really grateful of any portfolio advice...

Cheers!

Heya :wink:

Im applying for SM but i had an interview at central and the process was the same for all of the technical courses so any questions feel free to ask...
What advice are you looking for regarding your portfolio??
xxx
Btw.. has anyone else had loads of interviews come at once? Im supposed to have 4 this month (and i only got 2 of my interview letters yesterday) and 2 the first week of feb... Im struggling with work and money and the college are being a bit funny about me missing all this time off... I really want to ask to have some of the interviews postponed for a bit but i dont think this counts as "exceptional circumstances" =(
Anyone else having the same problem? Is it worth ringing up the drama schools or will it reflect on you negatively??
xxx
Reply 153
Original post by Wicked_Girliee_Xx
Heyaa :wink:
I took a sound clip of a song I found particularly moving... Other objects ranged from bluetack to masks... Tbh its not overly important what the object is as long as you can argue and explain your choice
xxx

Oh coool, that's quite a nice idea... I was thinking of taking this box i got from Italy and explaining how it shows my passion for complex ideas and clever puzzles... but am unsure how to put it into a story... maybe of how I found the box? :smile: haha i have way too many ideas in my head - my mind's in overdrive :P byyy the waay, what DS/Unis have you applied foorr? :P :biggrin: xxx
Reply 154
Btw.. has anyone else had loads of interviews come at once? Im supposed to have 4 this month (and i only got 2 of my interview letters yesterday) and 2 the first week of feb... Im struggling with work and money and the college are being a bit funny about me missing all this time off... I really want to ask to have some of the interviews postponed for a bit but i dont think this counts as "exceptional circumstances" =(
Anyone else having the same problem? Is it worth ringing up the drama schools or will it reflect on you negatively??
xxx

I have 2 this month but my 6th form seem ok with that... On one hand, your commitment to the interview may look good to them, but on the other, they may respect you wanting to concentrate on your studies, as it shows a drive for wanting to do well in life :wink: 'tis your choice, my friiieeend ^.^ xxx
xxx

Just tell your college "The reason I am attending these interviews because they are for the courses I want to do in my future and I am attending college to facilitate that future." I don't think it counts as exceptional circumstances and it'll be a lot off your chest once you've done them. In the end, even if your college gets grumpy, they are hardly going to throw you out or anything, so I wouldn't worry.
Original post by Rich!!
Oh coool, that's quite a nice idea... I was thinking of taking this box i got from Italy and explaining how it shows my passion for complex ideas and clever puzzles... but am unsure how to put it into a story... maybe of how I found the box? :smile: haha i have way too many ideas in my head - my mind's in overdrive :P byyy the waay, what DS/Unis have you applied foorr? :P :biggrin: xxx

that sounds like a good idea and youve thought it through well.. i wouldnt worry about the story part until you get there because it all depends on what other people in your group have brought anyway :smile:
and ive applied to:
Central - interview
GSA - interview
LAMDA - interview to be rescheduled
RADA - still waiting
Mountview - possibly rearranging interview
Rose Bruford - possibly rearranging interview
Bristol - possibly rearranging interview

Where are you applying?? xx

Original post by Rich!!
I have 2 this month but my 6th form seem ok with that... On one hand, your commitment to the interview may look good to them, but on the other, they may respect you wanting to concentrate on your studies, as it shows a drive for wanting to do well in life :wink: 'tis your choice, my friiieeend ^.^ xxx

Original post by bownessie
Just tell your college "The reason I am attending these interviews because they are for the courses I want to do in my future and I am attending college to facilitate that future." I don't think it counts as exceptional circumstances and it'll be a lot off your chest once you've done them. In the end, even if your college gets grumpy, they are hardly going to throw you out or anything, so I wouldn't worry.

haha yeah.. ill need to contact one of them purely because i cant afford to go to all 3 this month cos i only came back from london on friday... =(
xxx

haha yeah.. ill need to contact one of them purely because i cant afford to go to all 3 this month cos i only came back from london on friday... =(
xxx

Some of the schools who interview will pay for some of it if you live a certain distance away. Southampton gave me like £40... it isn't a huge amount, especially as I live in Cumbria which is ages away, but it helped.
Reply 158
that sounds like a good idea and youve thought it through well.. i wouldnt worry about the story part until you get there because it all depends on what other people in your group have brought anyway :smile:
and ive applied to:
Central - interview
GSA - interview
LAMDA - interview to be rescheduled
RADA - still waiting
Mountview - possibly rearranging interview
Rose Bruford - possibly rearranging interview
Bristol - possibly rearranging interview

Where are you applying?? xx

I'm applying:

RADA - had interview in November
Central - interview on thursday
Rose Bruford - interview next thursday
Guildhall - interview in March
RWCMD - still waiting

:smile: when's your RB interview? :smile: xxx
Original post by bownessie
Some of the schools who interview will pay for some of it if you live a certain distance away. Southampton gave me like £40... it isn't a huge amount, especially as I live in Cumbria which is ages away, but it helped.

wow really? so did you ask them for that or did they offer?? i asked my college for funding but they wouldnt give me any =(
xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending