University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Information Management for Business applicants/offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Chrisl12345
I'm not an international student :smile:

UK born and bred, and I didn't get interviewed..Already got my A2's and showed keen interest in this course for around 5 months now, so really an interview was not a necessary! (From speaking to admissions the interview really is partly to see if you like the course as well as to see if they like you!)

Chris

Woww congrats man ! .. how did you get your A2 already ?? did you take a gap year or something?
(edited 13 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Hardyvee
Woww congrats man ! .. how did you get your A2 already ??

I'm just in the year above you. Off travelling soon which believe me is far scarier than any exam! :smile:

Could I just ask, what is everyone planning on going into (career wise) after this degree? Looking ahead a bit I know!
Reply 42
I'm just in the year above you. Off travelling soon which believe me is far scarier than any exam! :smile:

Could I just ask, what is everyone planning on going into (career wise) after this degree? Looking ahead a bit I know!

Aha mature compared to most applicants then. :smile:

As for the career bit... There is an allure to banking / consultancy for me.
Reply 43
Original post by Aaron.F
Aha mature compared to most applicants then. :smile:

As for the career bit... There is an allure to banking / consultancy for me.

Investment banking? I would like to go into this, I'm just concerned about the course..Is it suitable for such a career?
Reply 44
Investment banking? I would like to go into this, I'm just concerned about the course..Is it suitable for such a career?

I'm not too sure, I'm inclined to say not really but in the UCL IMB course brochure it says investment banking and finance are popular career options... I'd say it's possible to pursue IB with IMB but you really have to set yourself apart as someone special and probably have less chance at some of the more reputable firms.
Reply 45
Original post by Aaron.F
I'm not too sure, I'm inclined to say not really but in the UCL IMB course brochure it says investment banking and finance are popular career options... I'd say it's possible to pursue IB with IMB but you really have to set yourself apart as someone special and probably have less chance at some of the more reputable firms.

True, I'm not sure which course out of the following two gives me more choices for jobs after graduation. What do you think?..

LSE - HR management + employment relations
UCL - IMB
Reply 46
Imb ucl
Reply 47
Original post by ashton.alfred
Imb ucl

Seconded IMHO. LSE may have the name tag but the IMB course is backed up by some good companies and is still from a prestigious university.
Reply 48
True, I'm not sure which course out of the following two gives me more choices for jobs after graduation. What do you think?..

LSE - HR management + employment relations
UCL - IMB

With either of those on your CV you will tick the "good degree" box. You just need good extra curricular's, work experience. Confidence in the area for interview and possibly the ability to do well in tests numerical/verbal.

Ultimately your degree choice will not influence that much, however I'd say HR management sounds a little more niche
Reply 49
Original post by jamz0770
With either of those on your CV you will tick the "good degree" box. You just need good extra curricular's, work experience. Confidence in the area for interview and possibly the ability to do well in tests numerical/verbal.

Ultimately your degree choice will not influence that much, however I'd say HR management sounds a little more niche

Yeah I'd agree, the course does sound that way..

I'm in a sticky situation! I'd like to see what response LSE give me, but I'm not sure what I'd do if they were to give me an offer..I'd be so tempted to accept it as you say because of the 'name tag.' Ahh!
Reply 50
Yeah I'd agree, the course does sound that way..

I'm in a sticky situation! I'd like to see what response LSE give me, but I'm not sure what I'd do if they were to give me an offer..I'd be so tempted to accept it as you say because of the 'name tag.' Ahh!

Well to be honest I applied to LSE too and was in the same position with another course and if I'd got an offer I was going to go to LSE. But I didn't.

I have to say though with the benefit of hindsight, I'm quite glad. I like the course here. I love the university and obviously I can't comment on LSE as I'm not there but UCL is great
Reply 51
Well to be honest I applied to LSE too and was in the same position with another course and if I'd got an offer I was going to go to LSE. But I didn't.

I have to say though with the benefit of hindsight, I'm quite glad. I like the course here. I love the university and obviously I can't comment on LSE as I'm not there but UCL is great

Which course did you apply for at LSE?

I'm just going to go ahead and outline my issues with both courses to see if they can be resolved and help me make a more informed decision!

1. UCL's course has low entry requirements (I understand the course is new) but I am kind of working from the presumption that if a course is harder to get into, it is generally better (I know that this isn't actually true (necessarily) ) but I can't help but think it.

2. Which one has better job opportunities!? I really don't know
Reply 52
Which course did you apply for at LSE?

I'm just going to go ahead and outline my issues with both courses to see if they can be resolved and help me make a more informed decision!

1. UCL's course has low entry requirements (I understand the course is new) but I am kind of working from the presumption that if a course is harder to get into, it is generally better (I know that this isn't actually true (necessarily) ) but I can't help but think it.

2. Which one has better job opportunities!? I really don't know

These are fair concerns. The first one I was worried about also but when I got here I found actually although it says ABB, a huge majority of people have higher than this and a huge number have AAA or better. I think in subsequent years you will see the requirements raised due to the huge interest in the course and growing reputation.

As for job opportunities; As I said before there is nothing in it. Both are good degrees from great institutions. I would say that perhaps if you wanted to work outside the UK the LSE brand name might be a good positive but otherwise I'd say they are equal
Reply 53

No idea what I'm going to do when I graduate :s-smilie:

I'm thinking about possibly doing a Law conversion at the moment, but what I'd really love to do is start my own retail business.
Reply 54
I wonder if the interview would be difficult ..its UCL its bound to be difficult !
Reply 55
Original post by paddy
No idea what I'm going to do when I graduate :s-smilie:

I'm thinking about possibly doing a Law conversion at the moment, but what I'd really love to do is start my own retail business.

Not fancy IBM then? :s-smilie:
Reply 56
Not fancy IBM then? :s-smilie:

Not really for me tbh :nah: Not to say that it's a bad place to work, I just don't really see it for me.
Reply 57
Original post by paddy
Not really for me tbh :nah: Not to say that it's a bad place to work, I just don't really see it for me.

Ah fair enough, Well I'm sure you can leverage your experience for most positions you apply to :p:
Reply 58
For those of you that havn't been told when your interviews are yet. They are on Wednesdays during late Jan/earlyish February.

They run from about 1.30-4PM as far as I know as well.
Reply 59
Heard nothing from ucl yet! :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending