The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by Frenanceo

Original post by Frenanceo
No its totally fine, I got AAAA :smile: how about you? Do you know how many places they offer btw?

Wow that is amazing! I think we can safely say you'll get an offer :smile: I got AAAB (B in French, although they require an A) :/ thought i'd give it a shot...ermmm no actually I'm not sure! Can't imagine it will be loads though
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Has anyone had an English offer yet????
Reply 2102
Original post by naugh123
YEHH IT IS thats why im so excited about it! if your interview went well then im sure you will be expecting an offer soon! they do take quite a long time. i was told i would hear from them in 2 weeks and i heard from them a bit after so dont worry! in relation to your other post (sorry to butt in) but i think columbia would be great! new york is such a lovely city! caltech seems awesome too!

Got an offer for comp sci international. I can share your excitement now!:smile:
Original post by ForFreedom
Um no, I don't think so. If you've been given an invitation to an Open day, I don't see why they're suddenly gonna ask you for an interview. They say if you don't go to the Open day you won't get an offer because the Open Day is to see if you're interested i.e willing to go there.

Oh right ok. But I think I'll still prepare to talk about my personal statement just in case!
Are you going to ucl on the 18th/19th march?
Original post by TSR5678
Oh right ok. But I think I'll still prepare to talk about my personal statement just in case!
Are you going to ucl on the 18th/19th march?

I have an interview unfortunately - 15th March :rolleyes::frown:
Original post by dj9
Got an offer for comp sci international. I can share your excitement now!:smile:

:eek: You got an offer?! :eek: Well done!!! :biggrin: I'm a bit worried about my application now! When did you get your offer and what are the conditions?
Reply 2106
Can anyone tell me the difference between an open day and an interview for Economics / Maths? It says in the minority of cases that you will be offered an interview instead of an open day if you're a promising candidate but there is one aspect of your application that they find weaker than other candidates, and they will assess you on this.

However, I've heard that in reality they just invite you to see whether you're affable and have a passion for the subject, and to see that you have the minimum required level of intelligence? So if you do well in them, are you almost guaranteed an offer at the end of it?

Thanks.
Reply 2107
Eeep. Still haven't gotten a response from UCL. Applied for biomedical sciences (though I'm pretty sure I want to transfer to pharmacology in my second year) - application went through december 2nd. Got an offer from Edinburgh a while back. Why hasn't UCL responded?

Oh dear the wait is killing me. Oh well, I shall adopt the philosophy employed by my fellow applicants and hope that no news is indeed good news.

Any other biomed hopefuls in the same boat?
Reply 2108
Original post by dj9

Congrats! I'm applying for cs as well (G400 though, not international). How long did it take them to reply?
Original post by smid1345
Congrats! I'm applying for cs as well (G400 though, not international). How long did it take them to reply?

Yay another female CS applicant! :woo: I'm waiting for my reply, hurry up UCL!!!! :mad:
Reply 2110
Original post by nikita_atikin
Yay another female CS applicant! :woo: I'm waiting for my reply, hurry up UCL!!!! :mad:

hahaha :biggrin: I sent my application on November! I CAN'T wait anymore :frown: when did you apply?
hahaha :biggrin: I sent my application on November! I CAN'T wait anymore :frown: when did you apply?

Sent mine off on the 19th of October :smile: Have you had an iterview yet?
Reply 2112
Sent mine off on the 19th of October :smile: Have you had an iterview yet?

ooo great! (: They haven't responded to me yet. Have you had one? They mention on their website (about CS) that they only interview people living the UK and since I don't, I guess I won't be called for an interview? On the other hand, Imperial invited me for an interview so I'm confused on what's going to happen :s-smilie:
ooo great! (: They haven't responded to me yet. Have you had one? They mention on their website (about CS) that they only interview people living the UK and since I don't, I guess I won't be called for an interview? On the other hand, Imperial invited me for an interview so I'm confused on what's going to happen :s-smilie:

Yup I had an interview on the 1st of December :smile: Are you EU or are you international? Because I know that most EU students get interviewed.
Congrats on your interview from Imperial! When is it? Most people with an interview from Imperial have got an offer so you're on the right track. You can join us on th Imperial thread actually... We're quite a lively bunch, particularly the computer scientists :teehee:
Reply 2114
Yup I had an interview on the 1st of December :smile: Are you EU or are you international? Because I know that most EU students get interviewed.
Congrats on your interview from Imperial! When is it? Most people with an interview from Imperial have got an offer so you're on the right track. You can join us on th Imperial thread actually... We're quite a lively bunch, particularly the computer scientists :teehee:

CONGRATULATIONS THEN!!!! :smile: I'm EU so I suppose I could possibly get an interview (if they are interested in me :P). How was the interview at UCL? Did they give you any tests or just questions?

Thank you :smile: My interview is on March 2nd and I hope to get an offer :colondollar: hehe I will surely check the IC thread!
CONGRATULATIONS THEN!!!! :smile: I'm EU so I suppose I could possibly get an interview (if they are interested in me :P). How was the interview at UCL? Did they give you any tests or just questions?

Thank you :smile: My interview is on March 2nd and I hope to get an offer :colondollar: hehe I will surely check the IC thread!

The UCL interview is standard really. Expect questions about the course/university. I don't think I'm allowed to say what the mathematical questions were but you will be asked some and nope it's not a test :smile:

Good luck with your offers :smile:
Original post by Dark Alukard
Awwww... I've sent my application on 8th of December and still they didn't even sent an acknowledgement... heh, I didn't get any e-mail from them! Should I ask them if they receved my application or not? It's strange....
P.S. Computer Science

I E-Mailed them to ask why they were taking ages. Apparently they had some staff changes and they were on winter leave until january 4th so they been back less than a week. Hope that helped
Original post by marieparis22
Well done! I'm still waiting. Do you mind if I ask your conditions? Did they pull out the dreaded A*?

Yea I am still waiting on History too..hoping for news soon :/
Reply 2118
UCL interview tomorrow!! :smile:
Original post by Davey Mags
Yea I am still waiting on History too..hoping for news soon :/

I've heard back :smile:. When did you apply? Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest