The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

So any Tit Hallers?
Original post by PeeWeeDan
So any Tit Hallers?

Let me edit that for you...

Any Tit Hallers (females especially...) RUN!

(Kidding, Dan's lovely really!)
Reply 602
Original post by Hermione17
Thanks! Well done to you too! You got an offer for medicine, right?

Yep I did indeed, i'm really excited now took a couple of days to sink in :smile:
Original post by tessfoley
Yep I did indeed, i'm really excited now took a couple of days to sink in :smile:

I am also very excited. Now I am back on the steady ground to notice what's happening around me. I have 2 exams this Friday!
Original post by Topaz_eyes
Let me edit that for you...

Any Tit Hallers (females especially...) RUN!

(Kidding, Dan's lovely really!)

Too little, too late :p:
Reply 605
Original post by Jessie9224
Robinson :smile:

Hey, if you want any robinson insider tips feel free to quote or PM me :smile:
Reply 606
Original post by daisy.noble
Yayy! Hey, another Law applicant, I got an offer from Corpus so I may be seeing you in some lectures next year! Congrats! :smile:

Thank you! Congratulations to you too! :smile: :smile: Corpus Christi is so pretty!
Original post by Schnecke
Mine was on the 6th and mixed, one good one bad. You got the offer so they can't have been too bad :tongue:. I still can't quite believe it, I keep checking my letter :rolleyes:

Hi Downingers

I've been in a state of shock for the past few days but I've now realised we're supposed to write to someone??

Any idea on how to write it without saying "are you mad why would I not accept" :tongue:
Original post by UnderControl
Hi Downingers

I've been in a state of shock for the past few days but I've now realised we're supposed to write to someone??

Any idea on how to write it without saying "are you mad why would I not accept" :tongue:

I wrote to the senior admissions tutor, the guy that sent the letter. His email is on the bottom of the back page of the letter.

I just wrote my name, UCAS number, course (and college, which is slightly obvious) I'd applied to, and that I got the offer (so it's easier to see who I am). Then I just wrote that I'd be delighted to accept it and would firm it as soon as it showed up on UCAS.

What course did you apply for?
Reply 609
Anyone got an offer for Jesus College???

I just got one for Physical Nat.Sci. and I am likely to accept, though not fully sure yet.

If theres anyone whos going to Jesus get hold of me!
Reply 610
Original post by kpatb
Oh no, I'm international but I've been following a generally very British education system, so I'm doing the A levels.
My offer is A*AA for any combination of subjects, I believe! (Which I'm very surprised about actually)! I've achieved an A* in maths already last year, as I completed it a year early, but I dont know if that counts towards my offer.

What system do you follow? and what are your conditions?
I'm totally psyched. I never ever thought I would actually get in - it seemed like such a long shot :smile: My interviewers were so nice, I thought they were being nice to help me not feel like an idiot in my interview, because I did say some silly things :P

I am Austrian, so I am doing the Austrian Matura which is quite different to A level. Our system is a bit difficult to explain. If I had to translate my offer for an English guy I'd say I have to achieve 5 As and 1 B....kind of...

I was so suprised that I got an offer. I thought my subject specific interview didn't go well but the general one was really good and all the interviewers were extremely nice and I felt really comfortable and welcomed.

I hope I'll meet the conditions. It would be a dream come true
Economics at Queens'!!!

Conditional upon 4 As (I'm an international student, we don't have A*s) Just hope I didn't screw any A level up!!

Found out by emailing them and asking them for my decision letter, which I was so happy to receive because I've been waiting in agony all weekend!
Reply 612
Hi Downingers

I have no idea how we're supposed to do this either. It's not really going to be much of a letter :tongue:, 'Dear Sir/Madam, Yes I will accept your offer'. It says something about firming on UCAS, so maybe we can just do that :confused:

What subject have you applied for?
Reply 613
Original post by Hermione17
I am also very excited. Now I am back on the steady ground to notice what's happening around me. I have 2 exams this Friday!

Oh no, that's really early mine don't start for 2 weeks :smile: are yours A2s ?
Original post by Melanie-v
I wrote to the senior admissions tutor, the guy that sent the letter. His email is on the bottom of the back page of the letter.

I just wrote my name, UCAS number, course (and college, which is slightly obvious) I'd applied to, and that I got the offer (so it's easier to see who I am). Then I just wrote that I'd be delighted to accept it and would firm it as soon as it showed up on UCAS.

What course did you apply for?

Thanks! That's a lot more coherent than my draft was!

I'm an MMLer - everyone else seems to be very scientific

Original post by Schnecke
I have no idea how we're supposed to do this either. It's not really going to be much of a letter :tongue:, 'Dear Sir/Madam, Yes I will accept your offer'. It says something about firming on UCAS, so maybe we can just do that :confused:

What subject have you applied for?

see above :smile:
Thanks! That's a lot more coherent than my draft was!

I'm an MMLer - everyone else seems to be very scientific

see above :smile:

That's because science rocks :tongue:

What languages? ^^
Original post by hayeder
Anyone got an offer for Jesus College???

I just got one for Physical Nat.Sci. and I am likely to accept, though not fully sure yet.

If theres anyone whos going to Jesus get hold of me!

me!!!!!!!!!!!! hey there fellow jesusian (insert wave):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Melanie-v
That's because science rocks :tongue:

What languages? ^^

French and Italian ab initio (then later hopefully Greek)

Are you an international applicant?
i've just got my letter saying i've got an offer from emmanuel for maths :biggrin: woop woop :biggrin: good times all round :biggrin:
i was pooled by st.johns for math and just recieved an e-mail by christ giving me an offer!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending