The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As far as I can tell, it isn't just based on winning trophies (evidently, since Wenger is top).

I believe it to be based on not just success, but consistency, financial stability, style of play and player development.
Original post by Colonel.
How did Sven get into that list? Did he win titles with Lazio or whatever?

Yep, he won Serie A in 2000, the Coppa Italia and the Italian Supercup in 1998 and 2000, and the the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1999.

He was considered a legend at Lazio, but he was bankrolled a huge amount of money and therefore had one of the best teams in the world, thus it could be argued that he didn't do much from a coaching perspective.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Yep, he won Serie A in 2000, the Coppa Italia and the Italian Supercup in 1998 and 2000, and the the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1999.

We was considered a legend at Lazio, but he was bankrolled a huge amount of money and therefore had one of the best teams in the world, thus it could be argued that he didn't do much from a coaching perspective.

Yep that Lazio side was insane.

Claudio Lopez/Veron/Crespo/Nesta/Mihajlovic/Simeone :coma:
Original post by T.Adams VI
Yep that Lazio side was insane.

Claudio Lopez/Veron/Crespo/Nesta/Mihajlovic/Simeone :coma:

Do you remember the Parma team around then as well?

Buffon/Cannevaro/Thuram/Sergio Conceicao/Ariel Ortega

Italian football in late 90s early 00s was ridiculous.
Do you remember the Parma team around then as well?

Buffon/Cannevaro/Thuram/Sergio Conceicao/Ariel Ortega

Italian football in late 90s early 00s was ridiculous.

Yep, Roma had a lethal team them as well. Batistuta :coma:
Original post by T.Adams VI
Yep, Roma had a lethal team them as well. Batistuta :coma:

Batigol was so underrated it's untrue. I don't think there's a player who finishes as well as he does playing these days.
Reply 1126
Batigol was so underrated it's untrue. I don't think there's a player who finishes as well as he does playing these days.

Javier Hernandez :smug:

Lol jk. I'll always remember this, he probably scored a bunch like it but better as well. So much power and movement on the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJQmVsSscE
Original post by Louis.
Javier Hernandez :smug:

Lol jk. I'll always remember this, he probably scored a bunch like it but better as well. So much power and movement on the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJQmVsSscE

Final countdown :awesome:

Batigol would have been awesome at arsenal. Even now he's still probably better than Bendtner lol
Reply 1128
Anyone here about the 10-1 mauling our reserves got at the hands of Villa :eek:? Shameful
I recognise almost none of the players that played tonight for the reserves, all the good ones are out on-loan.

Villa's side was much stronger, no doubt about it.
You guys heard we are apparently interested in signing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 17 year old who plays for Southampton? I've met him irl:awesome:
Original post by marcusmerehay
I recognise almost none of the players that played tonight for the reserves, all the good ones are out on-loan.

Villa's side was much stronger, no doubt about it.

I wouldn't say that, Oguzhan Ozyakup (copied obviously :colonhash:) is a very hot prospect, remember reading about him on some website.

Also the front three are pretty well known and obviously Eastmond as well.

Which players are off on loan? I'll I can think of is Lansbury and Watt (and Barazite, but I've been keeping on eye on him, I doubt others know him).
Original post by In2deep
I wouldn't say that, Oguzhan Ozyakup (copied obviously :colonhash:) is a very hot prospect, remember reading about him on some website.

Also the front three are pretty well known and obviously Eastmond as well.

Which players are off on loan? I'll I can think of is Lansbury and Watt (and Barazite, but I've been keeping on eye on him, I doubt others know him).

I'd personally say I know the Arsenal Reserves squad pretty well, but the only defender in that team that I recognised was Boateng.

Fair enough the rest of the squad wasn't the weakest it could have been but the players out on loan at the moment include Hoyte, Pedro, Randall, Bartley, Cruise, Coquelin, Lansbury, Watt and Afobe.
Reply 1133
JK.
OP
That is a shocking result, tbh. :rofl2:

Barca tickets out for silvers this morning. :coma:
Original post by JK.
That is a shocking result, tbh. :rofl2:

Barca tickets out for silvers this morning. :coma:

It's actually going to be my first ever Arsenal game. :woo:

(My mate Rory has silver membership and I'm going up with him)

:h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h:
Reply 1135
JK.
OP
Original post by marcusmerehay
It's actually going to be my first ever Arsenal game. :woo:

(My mate Rory has silver membership and I'm going up with him)

:h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h:

You never been before? **** man, just thought you couldn't get up often (perhaps that's just other areas of your life :console:). Hardly the worst game to have as your first, though. It'll probably be like watching a lion rape a sheep... but in a bad way. Anyway, have a good one. :yy:
I really hope we get another CB, a starter at that.
Original post by JK.
You never been before? **** man, just thought you couldn't get up often (perhaps that's just other areas of your life :console:). Hardly the worst game to have as your first, though. It'll probably be like watching a lion rape a sheep... but in a bad way. Anyway, have a good one. :yy:

How can this ever be viewed in a good way?
Reply 1138
JK.
OP
Original post by Kevmeister
How can this ever be viewed in a good way?

Depends on who the lion and the sheep are, tbh. :pierre:
Original post by JK.
Depends on who the lion and the sheep are, tbh. :pierre:

You are a very strange creature.

Lions don't rape sheep, ffs.

Latest