The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Just waiting on bristol now :love:
I really am going insane... one minute I am seeing a bright future the next it's crumbling in front of me :/
Original post by MizzCupcakes
I really am going insane... one minute I am seeing a bright future the next it's crumbling in front of me :/

UCAS Fever :ninja:
Reply 1703
Still waiting for UCLAN and LJMU now :frown:. I'm getting too impatient! I also have my first interview in 1 week and 2 days and my first choice uni interview in 2 weeks 2 days! Eeeek!!
Because im reapplying this year I already have my grades, so im sitting at home obsessing about the post......im like the neighbours dog waiting for mail..
Original post by popoporoo
Because im reapplying this year I already have my grades, so im sitting at home obsessing about the post......im like the neighbours dog waiting for mail..

:rofl:
I know exactly what you mean :colondollar:
Original post by popoporoo

LMAO! :biggrin:
I know the feeling! I'm waiting for my offer letter from UEA because until I see 'Congratulations! The University of East Anglia is delighted to offer you a place... blah blah' and details of a visit day, I'm going to think my offer on track was a cruel joke lol
Though I've usually had a letter first and then confirmation on track... so it must be real... it just hasn't sunk in! I think I'll be excited when I've met the offer and I'm 'safe'. I want it to be results day (!) so I know if I'm actually in!

I'm revising harder than I ever have before but I'm scared I'm going to mess up RS... and Psych...and English! :rolleyes: I'll probably hate myself forever if I miss the grades. *scared* I sort of wish I already had my grades. :blush:

Why can't I be one of those people who never worry about things? I have a friend who applied to Cambridge and was like 'meh', got in and was like 'meh' and is now 'mehhing' about getting the grades! I want to be cool about things like that but here I am, finishing an essay that was set last lesson that's due in Feburary and worrying about the exam in June when I have a Psych exam in just over two weeks! My worrying isn't even prioritised! :facepalm: /rant

Good luck with your offers! :hugs:
Reply 1707
Original post by diamonddust
LMAO! :biggrin:
I know the feeling! I'm waiting for my offer letter from UEA because until I see 'Congratulations! The University of East Anglia is delighted to offer you a place... blah blah' and details of a visit day, I'm going to think my offer on track was a cruel joke lol
Though I've usually had a letter first and then confirmation on track... so it must be real... it just hasn't sunk in! I think I'll be excited when I've met the offer and I'm 'safe'. I want it to be results day (!) so I know if I'm actually in!

I'm the same with Glasgow - within a week of applying I got a conditional offer and then an email saying I would get a letter detailing my offer. Still nothing so far and no other offers either (other than 'unsuccessful' from Leeds) but that's not surprising with it being the deadline this week everyone will be be busy. I know my friends all just applied, some plan on doing it this week! Nothing like leaving it till the minute >.<
Reply 1708
Great thread thank you

I'm new here so I'm hoping you can help

What does this mean

We require you to do 3 Alevels at one sitting?

My school does it this way
We do 2 subjects in one year (last year i did Math and Chem,did all 6 modules and finished it off)
then this year i AM doing Bio and Physics
We appear for the June Exams

Is there another method to sit your Alevels.
Reply 1709
Why, when universities email to say they have got your application do they have to put...
This is a very popular course with a large number of highly qualified applicants.

Is it just there to completely depress and panic you!?

Alice
Reply 1710
Original post by Mkal18
Great thread thank you

What does this mean

We do 2 subjects in one year (last year i did Math and Chem,did all 6 modules and finished it off)

Looks like you're going to need to ring up the university and check if that means no re-sits or all at the same time. If it's all at the same time, explain your situation and see what they say.
ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! This waiting is driving me mad. I applied on the 25th Nov and all i've got so far is one interview and its at my least favourite uni. I knew I would find this wait stressful, as I have zero patience but i never realised how freakin' stressful it would be! Everyone else seems to have offers but me and it makes me sadface :frown:
Original post by Alwee
Why, when universities email to say they have got your application do they have to put...
This is a very popular course with a large number of highly qualified applicants.

Is it just there to completely depress and panic you!?

Alice

Haha, I think so! I didn't get anything like that (yay to not applying to top 10 unis! :tongue:) but when I first applied to UEA, incidentally for English Lit with Creative Writing :tongue:, I got a random email from admissions with a long spiel about UEA including:

UEA
English Literature and Creative Writing at the University are synonymous with creative excellence. Novelists Malcolm Bradbury, Rose Tremain, Ian McEwan, Kazuo Ishiguro, Doris Lessing and poet Laureate Andrew Motion have all lectured or studied here. Distinguished writers us to take part in our twice yearly literary festivals, and we are famous for the quality and adventurousness of our teaching covering creative writing, literary translation, cultural history and critical theory and every period of English Literature, from the later Middle Ages to the present. Find out more... www.uea.ac.uk/lit

Bear in mind at that time I was near dying from anxiety and I was certain I'd be rejected so them sending me that really did panic and depress me!
I'm sure you'll be ok though! :biggrin: Where have you applied and for what subject? You're missing the obligatory TSR UCAS bit in your signature haha! :biggrin:
Reply 1713
What's the obligatory ucas bit in your signiture?
I applied for European Studies with German at Birmingham, Bath, Kent, Manchester and Nottingham.

The reason im really worried is because most of the typical offers are ABB. Currently i have ABC my A being in a Btec. I am finishing off another a level this summer so hope to have at least ABBC. It's just the whole btec thing that is stressing me out!!!

Have you had offers?
Original post by Mkal18
Great thread thank you

What does this mean

I would think that your school should really have explained this in the reference. If they haven't then ask your school to ring UCAS and ask where they should send the covering note - if it needs to go to the universities individually or if it can be an amendment of the reference. You clearly are doing more work than a student who does 4 AS and then 3 A2 exams, you should not be penalised for it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Cambridge just updated my Track with my Unsuccessful and its my birthday.... bit sh*t!
I am getting quite stressed waiting. I've applied for creative writing/ English at Bolton, Edge Hill, Cumbria and Man. Met and in all the forums no one seems to have heard back for these yet.
Just glad I'm not the only one fretting and logging into Track every five minutes 'just in case'
Original post by Pheebs1201
Cambridge just updated my Track with my Unsuccessful and its my birthday.... bit sh*t!

You're Not Alone!:frown:
Reply 1718
I want an offer. :sigh:
Original post by Beska
I want an offer. :sigh:

:ditto:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending