The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SB_Vision
first time I've seen this thread :facepalm:

Are the rumours true about Thierry Henry playing a few matches, I know hes training there but I heard he will be playing a few matches if its true I'm late : embarrassed:

Nah, he's just training with the team, hopefully teach some of the strikers a thing or two..
Original post by voodoomagic

Original post by voodoomagic
Nah, he's just training with the team, hopefully teach some of the strikers a thing or two..

yeah I know that they want him to spend time with Walcott

spaheec ?
Well there's been reports flying round since the summer about the possibility of us signing Gregory van der Wiel, so I guess that wouldn't surprise me.
Isn't he a wing back? :s-smilie:
Original post by Jeppasloth
Isn't he a wing back? :s-smilie:

left ? :teehee:
Looks likely that Verm wont be back this season :facepalm2:
Reply 1168
van der Wiel is a right-back, so I doubt he'd be a realistic signing, especially seeing as Eboue just signed a long-term deal. I'm guessing that the likeliest acquisition would be Spahic - Mertesacker, Cahill, etc. would be first-teamers, Wenger is only looking for some emergency backup.
I don't know much about Spahic other than that he's Bosnian and his first name is Emir. I've heard good things about him though.
Vermaelen is out for the season, you're looking for a ****ing first teamer now, even if it's just on loan.
Reply 1171
Good thing Djourou has become good all of a sudden then? :p:
Original post by antonfigo
Looks likely that Verm wont be back this season :facepalm2:

:cry2:
I sincerely hope Vermaelen doesn't become another Rosicky. :colonhash:
Reply 1174
marcusmerehay
I don't know much about Spahic other than that he's Bosnian and his first name is Emir. I've heard good things about him though.

He seems like a tough nut. I posted a video in the previous (?) thread when we were linked to him last summer, showing him slapping Marko Marin in an international game. :coma:

Vermaelen is out for the season, you're looking for a ****ing first teamer now, even if it's just on loan.

It would be pretty much impossible to find a first-teamer on loan. I think we'll be looking to do with Djourou-Koscielny leading, and a new recruit providing backup.

Alternatively, if Wenger feels that he's made a mistake in signing Koscielny - i.e. if Kos hasn't lived up to Wenger's expectations - we may sign a youngster like Sakho, with a view of incorporating him into the first team in the long run. This again is reliant on whether Wenger still has little faith in Djourou's long-term quality.
I don't think Koscielny has been unimpressive.

To me he defends a lot like Martin Keown used to. He just needs to learn to be a bit more positionally aware and he'll make an excellent defender. He's got the pace, aerial ability and bravery already.
The Djourou-Koscielny partnership is fine, we've been keeping clean sheets with them and they do a pretty good job. I think Wenger will be looking for a back up, hopefully one that will be ahead of Squillaci because he has been mediocre and we look so frail with him in defence.
Reply 1177
And there I was looking forward to a djourou verm partnership..
Original post by Ar5enal Fan
The Djourou-Koscielny partnership is fine, we've been keeping clean sheets with them and they do a pretty good job. I think Wenger will be looking for a back up, hopefully one that will be ahead of Squillaci because he has been mediocre and we look so frail with him in defence.

I bet you it's sol. Not sure that's the best of ideas considering the time he's been having at Newcastle.
Reply 1179
Was on the phone and internet for an hour solid this morning at work trying to get Barca tickets.
Finally got in and all sold out!

Pretty peeved off....but at least I was lucky enough to see the 2-2 last year which was probably the best atmospheric game I have been to in the 14 or so years I've been going

Latest