The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kpatb
OH right, unfortunately I don't know anything about the Austrian system.

I thought the interviewers at Christ's were so nice also! I was so surprised, because there are so many (evidently false) myths about oxbridge interviews, but they made me feel like I could truly be myself.

You will meet your conditions - believe in yourself, and it'll happen :smile: Good luck! I hope to see you in 10 months!

Hahahah, I hadn't though of that one yet :P I was thinking Christ-ee, or fellow Christ-person.
Same to you! Good luck, and I will see you in 10 months! :biggrin:

'Christ-ian' sounded good till i typed it in but hey we all like a bit of tounge in cheek in this country....loool
Although I have to admit 'fellow Christ-person' does sound good.....
Reply 661
Course: NatSci (Biological)
College: King's
Rejection, Pool, Offer: Conditional Offer A*AA (incl. Chemistry)

I can't believe it! I got the letter last Thursday and still check it every now and then to make sure I read it properly and I'm not just imagining it! Sort of crashed down from "cloud 9" when I remembered I have exams over the next few weeks, one of them which determines whether I get that A*...

Any other people with offers from King's?
Reply 662
Course: PPS
College: Girton
Result: Obviously got pooled, cause today i received unconditional offer from Wolfson.
I applied for deferred entry 2012 :smile:

How do I feel/ How did I find out? I feel amazing... i was just finishing an online german test in my evening course when decided to check my e-mail. But i somehow knew it ... :smile:))
Good luck to everyone !
Course: History
College: Emmanuel
Result: Conditional A*AA
How do I feel/ How did I find out: Well when my letter finally arrived on monday, I was pretty shocked and burst into tears. Why did they have to keep me waiting SOOO long? x
Reply 664
Original post by nadz123456
'Christ-ian' sounded good till i typed it in but hey we all like a bit of tounge in cheek in this country....loool
Although I have to admit 'fellow Christ-person' does sound good.....

I think we're Christ's-men or something... :smile:
I've found out that I was the only successful Cambridge applicant in my college (out of 6).

:eek3:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I've found out that I was the only successful Cambridge applicant in my college (out of 6).

I'm one of about 7 successes out of about 15 to Cambridge and 25 to Oxbridge.
6 of the successes were Cambridge.

Sigh. I'm not special.

On the plus side, someone else applied for law at Magdalene and got pooled :teehee:

Spoiler

lol blow me with the negs :colonhash: I said I was messing. I want everyone to have offers. You're all beloved by me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 667

Likewise. I actually couldn't believe it. :redface:
Reply 668
Woop! Ucas Track updated today with my Cambridge offer! Finally, I can be sure that the offer wasn't a mistake and it's now legally binding on them! :biggrin:

No room for error for me on my Access course though. Distinctions required in all 36 of my law and psychology modules. Hard few months coming up! Apparently I'm the only person from my college to ever be accepted into Cambridge. Slightly daunting that I've seemingly got the weight of my entire college on my shoulders now!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TomU
Woop! Ucas Track updated today with my Cambridge offer! Finally, I can be sure that the offer wasn't a mistake and it's now legally binding on them! :biggrin:

No room for error for me on my Access course though. Distinctions required in all 36 of my law and psychology modules. Hard few months coming up!

I want mine to update!

Original post by Zuzuzu
Likewise. I actually couldn't believe it. :redface:

:five:

Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'm one of about 7 successes out of about 15 to Cambridge and 25 to Oxbridge.
6 of the successes were Cambridge.

Sigh. I'm not special.

On the plus side, someone else applied for law at Magdalene and got pooled :teehee:

Spoiler

:awesome:

You are kinda special? Didn't your school discourage the other Magdalene Law person from applying to the same college as you?
I want mine to update!

:five:

:awesome:

You are kinda special? Didn't your school discourage the other Magdalene Law person from applying to the same college as you?

Kinda? OMGWTF?! :unimpressed:
Lol, well I don't think they knew. We had one Oxbridge guy dealing with all 25 of us who also teaches most lessons during the day, so they basically just said 'get on with it'.

edit: oh, also, I picked Magdalene quite late in the process. Circa early October.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 671
Original post by QBasti
anybody here form Germany with conditional offers of the Abitur? how do they compose the "final abitur grade of 14" they're looking for? all four terms and the written exam (any proportioning)?

anybody?

i asked the college about it, they weren't so sure themselves, at least the admission office didn't give me a clear answer..
Reply 672
Hi, recently recieved an offer letter from Jesus College, was wondering if anybody understand what the 'Financial guarantee form' is?
Reply 673
got an offer for economics at jesus
anyone else??
Reply 674
Original post by mangotree93
kinda late joining this thread.. anybody for jesus? :smile:

I've got an offer from Jesus, for Education, impressive results! Do you know what the financial guarantee form really means?
Reply 675
Original post by ejh1992
Hi, recently recieved an offer letter from Jesus College, was wondering if anybody understand what the 'Financial guarantee form' is?

hello!! what did you apply for?
(i got in for economics)
:smile:
Reply 676
Education with biology, i sent you a message, msg me back :wink:
St John's for MML (French and Spanish ab initio)

I'm over the moon, I really am :biggrin: any prospective course/college buddies? :smile:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Kinda? OMGWTF?! :unimpressed:
Lol, well I don't think they knew. We had one Oxbridge guy dealing with all 25 of us who also teaches most lessons during the day, so they basically just said 'get on with it'.

edit: oh, also, I picked Magdalene quite late in the process. Circa early October.

LOL, my mum saw what I wrote and now thinks that I'm gay. :emo:

Spoiler

In that case, I guess it was good that we had so few Oxbridge applicants. Every single detail of our application was scrutinised.
Reply 679
I got an offer from St Catherine's for medicine.
The shock has worn off and I am now just completely terrified.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending