The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by garyling
Cheers.
I got it in early November, roughly a month after my UCAS form was sent.
You applying to Warwick as well? Good luck with your application :smile:

Ooh nice. I don't think they give out many offers that early.
I am yeah, they're the only one I care about that I'm still waiting to hear from.
Reply 1241
Original post by Lis10
Not sure yet, still waiting on Warwick in particular.
What about you?

Not sure yet, between leicester and sheffield. Want to go to the open days before I decide.
Still waiting on warwick too! Apparently we might not hear from them until March.
Reply 1242

Got offers from UCL, KCL and Warwick
Got pooled by Cambridge (Jesus)... and no more news yet :\
Still waiting on LSE...

Woah, when did you get UCL and KCL? When did you do your LNAT?

EDIT: Well done by the way :tongue:
Reply 1243
Original post by JH-QC
Woah, when did you get UCL and KCL? When did you do your LNAT?

EDIT: Well done by the way :tongue:

I did my LNAT on 5/11
heard from UCL on 1/12
heard from KCL on 6/1
Good luck with your application :smile:
Original post by lfcwatcher
i sat my LNAT a while back, i was so sleepy i wore two different pairs of shoes :/ you'll do great don't worry it's mostly based on part one out of 40, i recommend reading copies of the daily newspapers, by that i don't mean the comic's like daily express or mirror :P also take your time on the questions, the essays not to hard just make sure you pick a subject you at the very least familiar with, and just Argue :smile: all the best hope everything works out for you :biggrin:

Thanks! Good advice. :smile: I sat it today and it's difficult to tell how I did, it certainly wasn't the easiest test I've ever done. By the end of it I had so much information buzzing around in my brain that I got on the train going in the wrong direction on the way back... Ha. I thought my essay maybe went okay, but I ran out of time a bit and didn't get the chance to check it through. I wrote the last word 23 seconds before the time ran out. Still, it's out of the way now, yay!

You mean all that time I spent reading Peanuts DIDN'T contribute to my preparation? Aw maaannn...
I got an unconditional offer for Law at Strathclyde!!! :tongue:
Original post by Potiron
Congratulations :smile: is that your second offer? Who else are you waiting for?

I dunno how long they'll take, hopefully you'll find out the conditions soon :smile:

heyyy..... yh they got back to me and its on track now...conditions are ABB for surrey and AAB for reading... i also applied, KCL, Sussex and Birmingham city :smile:

Thanks...hope your doing good :smile:
Reply 1247

I did my LNAT on 5/11
heard from UCL on 1/12
heard from KCL on 6/1
Good luck with your application :smile:

Hey! When did you submit your UCAS?
Reply 1248
Original post by dao17
Not sure yet, between leicester and sheffield. Want to go to the open days before I decide.
Still waiting on warwick too! Apparently we might not hear from them until March.

My brother is at Sheffield in his third year of a four year law degree. He is on his Erasmus year at the moment (having a great time) but loves Sheffield both for social life and the degree.
I am still waiting to hear from Sheffield but not sure if an older brother in the final year of the same degree, at the same Uni is a good idea.
Reply 1249
OFFER!!

UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
M100 - LAW
ENTRY REQ's - AAB

(They've lowered it from the standard AAA offer!? Cannot believe it, WHY?!)

This is the place I most wanted to go, now I've got a Firm and Insurance (with a lower entry req firm!) so I'm not overtly fussed if UCL or Birmingham reject me!!

HAPPIEST DAY EVAH.
Original post by matt1291
OFFER!!

UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
M100 - LAW
ENTRY REQ's - AAB

This is the place I most wanted to go, now I've got a Firm and Insurance (with a lower entry req firm!) so I'm not overtly fussed if UCL or Birmingham reject me!!

HAPPIEST DAY EVAH.

Congratulations! :biggrin: May I ask what your predictions and academia are like as I have also had an offer from Sheffield, but no lowered offer to my avail :frown:.
Reply 1251
Original post by willtang3000
Congratulations! :biggrin: May I ask what your predictions and academia are like as I have also had an offer from Sheffield, but no lowered offer to my avail :frown:.

Thank You very much, you too on your offers!

I got 1A and 10B's at GCSE
ABBB at AS
Predicted AAAA for A2

that's it, tbh, they pretty average scores but I hoped for the best and hey, lucky me! I've no idea why they lowered it, it baffles me! But I aint complaining haha!
Original post by Lis10
My brother is at Sheffield in his third year of a four year law degree. He is on his Erasmus year at the moment (having a great time) but loves Sheffield both for social life and the degree.
I am still waiting to hear from Sheffield but not sure if an older brother in the final year of the same degree, at the same Uni is a good idea.

What country is your brother studying at the moment? My cousin has an offer for that course and thinks it will be her firm. It is good to hear of someone who is enjoying it.
Just thought I would share my offers with everyone :smile:

I sent my application away on the 17th October.

University of Aberdeen - Unconditional
University of Edinburgh - Unconditional!!
University of Strathclyde - Unconditional

Still waiting on Dundee and Glasgow :frown:
OFFER!!

UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
M100 - LAW
ENTRY REQ's - AAB

HAPPIEST DAY EVAH.

Very glad to hear it :biggrin:

Original post by frostedcupcakes

You still got three unconditional offers :tongue:

Which one's your favourite?
Original post by frostedcupcakes

What did you get for your highers? Oh and Also what's your 1st choice? :smile:
Original post by Potiron
Very glad to hear it :biggrin:

You still got three unconditional offers :tongue:

Which one's your favourite?

Well so far probably Edinburgh but if I get an offer from Glasgow then I don't know how I am going to choose!
Reply 1257
OFFER!!

UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
M100 - LAW
ENTRY REQ's - AAB

HAPPIEST DAY EVAH.

Congratulations - your PS must have been excellent.
Well done!
Original post by David1693
What did you get for your highers? Oh and Also what's your 1st choice? :smile:

I got 5 As for my highers :smile: I've got two first choices- Glasgow and Edinburgh :tongue: I just wish that Glasgow would reply!
Well done on your offers!
Reply 1259
Original post by ollienbert
What country is your brother studying at the moment? My cousin has an offer for that course and thinks it will be her firm. It is good to hear of someone who is enjoying it.

Warsaw in Poland and he has made some incredible friends there.

Latest

Trending

Trending