The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thugnificent.
did rose bruford say when they will reply? weeks? months?

Haven't heard from them since applying.
Reply 181
Original post by RitaF

Original post by RitaF
Oh cool! I only got one of those e-mails from both bristol and manchester going like "hi we got your offer NOW WAIT WHILE WE DECIDE YOUR WHOLE FUTURE AHAHAHA ok thanks bye." you? where else have you applied? :smile:

havent even had one of those emails from manc ! but bit concerned about bristol as theyre email said first audition/interview days were 9th feb so they probs would have invited me to one by now, gutting cos its my first choice ! ermm apllied manc,bristol,birmingham,goldsmiths(offer), and UEA(audition on 9th feb !) u had any offers yet? x
Original post by RitaF
I've applied to Manchester Uni (drama), Salford (performing arts), Royal Holloway (drama and theatre studies), Queen Mary (drama) and Bristol (drama). Anyone going for the same? :smile:

If you have any questions about Drama at Queen Mary, I'm your man.
Reply 183
Original post by KatKatMeow1
I've applied at Surrey, Canterbury Christchurch (Folkestone Campus) and Kent, have heard nothing from any of them :s-smilie:

Bit of an essay coming up...

Hi, I applied for the Performing Arts course at Canterbury Christchurch at Folkestone last year.
Not sure which course you're going for but I got my audition within a week of applying. The actual audition was really laid back, did my song and a speech, watched everyone else's (it was during that major snow sesh in January last year so a lot of people didn't show up) and then had our interviews where they asked about past experience, what you want to do after uni and why you want to go there.
They told me at the end of my interview that I was exactly what they wanted and offered me a place on the spot! Didn't end up going as I got into UCLan to do Music Theatre, but it's a lovely place and the people seem really nice :smile:

Good luck! :smile: xx
Reply 184
Original post by SUGARSSLS
havent even had one of those emails from manc ! but bit concerned about bristol as theyre email said first audition/interview days were 9th feb so they probs would have invited me to one by now, gutting cos its my first choice ! ermm apllied manc,bristol,birmingham,goldsmiths(offer), and UEA(audition on 9th feb !) u had any offers yet? x

No not yet, have you? But don't worry about the interviews, they have to sort everyone out with a date unless they reject you

Original post by Mr. Mortell
If you have any questions about Drama at Queen Mary, I'm your man.

Thanks!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Cjhill1992
Haven't heard from them since applying.

hows your Central PA app going? :smile:
Reply 186
Original post by tactac
ohh thats good! well done :smile: maybe see you there depending on what other offers i get...i want central but oh well..we'll see :smile:
yeah my rose bruford offer came thru a few weeks after, was starting to get worried it wasn't coming! :P

Haha maybe! But it's come through on UCAS now, woo woo :biggrin: only took 4 days. I know 4 people that all got in!

SAME! Must be fairly soon, as they said mid-Jan at the interview dayyyy so presuming it'll be same across the board.

xx
Reply 187
I had my interview for Mountview - Technical Theatre today :smile: If anyone has any questions let me know x
Reply 188
Original post by chompers
The object really isn't that important, with regards to what it is. I took sunglasses, then others took a pair of drum sticks, a glass, a mask, a camera... Yeah, it's rather simple. Don't worry about it at all!! There are no wrong answers kinda thing is applicable there x x

Ahh even better :biggrin: another load off my mind ^.^ thankyoouuu :smile: xx
Had interview at Salford today, and the woman said I'd be getting an offer :smile: Woop! If Falmouth **** up, I'll be going to Salford! Hoorah!
Reply 190
Original post by Rich!!
Ahh even better :biggrin: another load off my mind ^.^ thankyoouuu :smile: xx

No problemoooo, good luck with it and let us know how it all goes!!! :smile: xx
Reply 191
Got my LIPA interview date through today, 15th Feb. Anyone else?
Reply 192
anyone heard back from central ACTING audition ? good/bad?
I got a second recall for central on the day for MT:redface: haven't heard from them about final recall yet...
Anyone else? :eek:
Original post by francescarella
hows your Central PA app going? :smile:

Haven't heard back from them yet! However I have been getting the "low-down" from a friend who started on the DATE course last year and he said that none of the PA students have a clue what their subjects really about.

I was getting the vibe that it was a theoretical mix of devised&collab, performing arts business and culture?

I don't suppose you could shed any light on this :smile:

Also my date for my BA Directing interview at University of the Arts London is now officially 8th March!!

x
Reply 195
Haha maybe! But it's come through on UCAS now, woo woo :biggrin: only took 4 days. I know 4 people that all got in!

SAME! Must be fairly soon, as they said mid-Jan at the interview dayyyy so presuming it'll be same across the board.

xx

ahh nice :biggrin: the relief! I was so happy, finally knew i was going somewhere :P
wow 4 people? thats a really high number to accept in like...one interview date! do they accept many doo you know?

ahhh omg i really hope that we hear soon from central, although i don't know if i will be included in that date cause they are being all confusing with me, i sent off this 'interview project' and they said they'd get back to me......so confusing...amazing if it did come thru though! i'm on edge! let me know what happens and if u get in!
Reply 196
No problemoooo, good luck with it and let us know how it all goes!!! :smile: xx

Central. Is. Awesome. :biggrin: interview went really well too (I think/hope!!) :biggrin: xx
Reply 197
Original post by Rich!!
Central. Is. Awesome. :biggrin: interview went really well too (I think/hope!!) :biggrin: xx

Haha, that's good! did they say when they'd let you know by? xx
Reply 198
Original post by tactac
ahh nice :biggrin: the relief! I was so happy, finally knew i was going somewhere :P
wow 4 people? thats a really high number to accept in like...one interview date! do they accept many doo you know?

ahhh omg i really hope that we hear soon from central, although i don't know if i will be included in that date cause they are being all confusing with me, i sent off this 'interview project' and they said they'd get back to me......so confusing...amazing if it did come thru though! i'm on edge! let me know what happens and if u get in!

Yeah it's nice to just be like ah i'll actually be going somewhere, and it's almost london so it's all good.

it was four for a variety of courses. 2 sound, 1 sm and 2 set design or construction? but on the day, they offered 3 sound people. i think they're aware that people will get offers elsewhere so bear that in mind, but they take 15ish on for sound. . .

haha track is most definitely my new best friend! but will do. let me know if you hear too! xx
Reply 199
To those thinking of doing stage management at Rose Bruford:

I'm in my 3rd year.

Its an ok course that gives you opportunities but, i've noticed some people are interested in musical theatre - there's only like 1 or 2 musicals a year, the chances of being put on it is unlikely if everyone in the year wants it too. It is NOT a technical course, you have to learn from your peers on other courses to learn more.

Though, what i am saying as a 3rd year is my experience of it, they've updated the course since i was in my first year.

I WOULD RECOMMEND: Do not hold back on questions like these at your interview, the tutors are very friendly, especially if Adam interviews you. (Which will be likely as the course leader is off on sick leave)

I dont know whether central, rada and guildhall etc. are any better, there's always mixed reviews about graduates from each college.

I have worked with technicians from Bristol Old Vic and they are some of the best/confident technicians i have ever seen!

Let me know if you want to know more/ask questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending