The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2400
Got an Unconditional for law yesterday...very pleased, as Durham is probably my top choice after Oxford. Just waiting on college choice, I applied to St John's. Ah, takes some of the pressure off today's economics exam!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Anyone had any replies for History, or from St. Cuthbert's? I need to know my reply from Durham in the next few days so that I can know that I can go on my main gap year feature, a 4 month trip to Kenya. If I'm to go to Kenya I need to start the vaccine course in four days, but I'm not willing to do thatuntill 've heard fromDurham. I'm considering emailing them asking when I can expect a reply,but really dont want to jepordize my application?
Original post by Athelstan
Anyone had any replies for History, or from St. Cuthbert's? I need to know my reply from Durham in the next few days so that I can know that I can go on my main gap year feature, a 4 month trip to Kenya. If I'm to go to Kenya I need to start the vaccine course in four days, but I'm not willing to do thatuntill 've heard fromDurham. I'm considering emailing them asking when I can expect a reply,but really dont want to jepordize my application?

I got an offer from cuths, but I was allocated there rather than applied.
Anyone else been allocated to St Aidan's college?
Reply 2404
Original post by mlsdbk
Yes I've applied to durham, york, notts, leeds and sussex.. wow bristol is really hard to get last year they had over 1000 applicants and less than 50 places :O so well done! whats your first choice and are you an international applicant? :smile: btw i havn't heard from any but i would love to go to Durham i love everything about it!

My first choice.. not sure yet most probably Durham/Warwick.. Yep im an international applicant.. tbh couple of my teachers went to Durham and really liked it... so i decided to apply as well... but from all the pics and things that ive seen looks really great!

Goodluck with all ur applications!!

You've applied for Economics right?? Which college?
Reply 2405
Original post by Ahmed.23
My first choice.. not sure yet most probably Durham/Warwick.. Yep im an international applicant.. tbh couple of my teachers went to Durham and really liked it... so i decided to apply as well... but from all the pics and things that ive seen looks really great!

Goodluck with all ur applications!!

You've applied for Economics right?? Which college?

Yep economics.. cool where are you from? I did an open application because I love Durham so don't really mind.. but if i had to pick it would have been Hatfield.. thanks good luck too and well done! :smile:
Hi, haven't been on this thread for a while. Has anyone got an offer for Biomedicine, or who hopes to stay at John Snow?
Original post by Athelstan

It's very very very likely that if you haven't heard by now, you won't hear in the next 4 days - they'll be waiting until the Saturday deadline.

Why can't you go to Kenya if you haven't heard from Durham?!

Just give your parents/brother/sister your track details, tell them to check it every week, and tell them what you want to be your firm+insurance if you do or don't get into Durham.

(Eg - firm Durham/insurance Birmingham, or if Durham reject you, firm Birmingham/insurance Sheffield. Or wherever you've applied to.)
Original post by MelissaJayne
lol! Looks like it's the University of Hackney and Basildon for us two then..doing degrees in, knife crime?

Heard anything yet Essex companion ?
Original post by Mfreeman.
Heard anything yet Essex companion ?

Sod all. I'm holding out til atleast the 15th and deadline date til I actually expect anything though. Even if it's a rejection, I wish it'd just hurry up and tell me so I can get organised. It's the last offer I'm waiting on. What about you my fellow Essexarian?
safe.
Reply 2410
Original post by mlsdbk
Yep economics.. cool where are you from? I did an open application because I love Durham so don't really mind.. but if i had to pick it would have been Hatfield.. thanks good luck too and well done! :smile:

Im from Sri Lanka... hehe
Good luck and hope to see u there! :smile:
Original post by Ahmed.23
Im from Sri Lanka... hehe
Good luck and hope to see u there! :smile:

omg cool! I lived in Colombo for 3 years :smile:
Original post by Seasick Steve
Hi, haven't been on this thread for a while. Has anyone got an offer for Biomedicine, or who hopes to stay at John Snow?

Yep, i've got an offer but at Stephenson! :smile:
Reply 2413
Original post by manthew
Been rejected from scholarship application... sigh

what scholarship?
Reply 2414
Original post by skypig97
what scholarship?

Various.. I'm from overseas :wink: and it was Maxis who last rejected me after first interview :frown:
Original post by alexcs
Yes it is my first choice! I just need to wait for all my offers until I can firm it, damn Bristol :angry:

I keep checking my AES to see if i'm in at St. Cuths but stilllllllll nothing, saying that I only got the offer a week ago so still have two weeks to wait, potentially! I don't really mind where I end up, I just fancied self catering!

Yeah I should see if I could pick it up! I was looking all through the modules catalogue and there's so much to choose from! Maybe I might pick up some German, or English, Politics, Economics?!! Decisions decisions decisions! They never stop!

Yeah I'm waiting on Bristol too! My friend who's applying for languages got a rejection from there recently, so hopefully that means there'll be making their decisions too. Oh and I'm waiting to hear from St Andrews, too.

I'd have liked to be able to have a mixture between self catered and fully catered, because it might be a bit of a pain to have to go back up to college for lunch everyday. But can't complain, won't have to worry about deciding what to cook every day!
Original post by Rilel
Nope, mine says exactly the same and has done for around two months now. I was always expecting Durham to take ages, though.

Hopefully we shouldn't have to wait too much longer...

Original post by Annonymous_47
Saame. Fingers crossed! I think they make the majority of offers after the 15th January deadline though :dry:

Original post by Ollie901
Any NatSci offers yet anyone?

"Your application has not yet been received by a College" :dry:

Hey I've finally got an offer :biggrin: just yesterday for nat sci. I sent mine on the 15th of October. Im waiting on my college (castle hopefully). Best of luck! You ll probably hear soonish if not already.
Reply 2417
I really want an offer.. I love Durham.. :frown:

Please Speak to me Economics department..
Reply 2418
Has anyone got an offer for Archeology?
Reply 2419
Oh and is anyone else having trouble with AES? I can't log in despite having all the right details.

Latest

Trending

Trending