The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by plinguu
yep, i did
my predicted grades are A*(maths)A*(economics)A*(latin)A(further maths)A(physics)
my offer is A*AAA

Did you get into Cambridge in the end? Also, I know someone who knows you I think :tongue:
Original post by i.love.heroes
you got rejected from birmingham? :frown: did you get any feedback from them/ know why? what are your grades like?
i haven't heard back from them yet :|

Yeah i was kinda :frown: about it lol erm they said I have to contact them, might just do it after i get my resit out of the way tomorrow.

GCSEs: A* Maths, 10 A's, 1 B

AS: Maths A (282/300), Geography A (178/200 and 80/80 in unit 4 taken early), Economics B (155/200 :frown: ) and Physics B (234/360) which i dropped.

Predicted A*A*A in Maths Geog and Economics
Reply 882
I got a letter from UCL about a month back saying they wanted to give me an offer but first I had to go down to London to attend an open day... Does anyone know if they're going to slyly spring an interview on me or am i safe? :')
Definitelyy need to prepare if its an interview :|
Reply 883
Original post by jessibobs
I got a letter from UCL about a month back saying they wanted to give me an offer but first I had to go down to London to attend an open day... Does anyone know if they're going to slyly spring an interview on me or am i safe? :')

Feb 2nd?

I want to know the answer to this too :smile:
Reply 884
Original post by jessibobs

Original post by Firaila
Feb 2nd?

I want to know the answer to this too :smile:

I had this last year. Definitely not an interview. It's just an excuse for them to try and sell the Uni/Course to you. And, an excuse for you guys to get loads of free food :p: and have a tour of the Uni.
Reply 885
Speak to me Durham!!! :smile:
Reply 886
Original post by n_251
I had this last year. Definitely not an interview. It's just an excuse for them to try and sell the Uni/Course to you. And, an excuse for you guys to get loads of free food :p: and have a tour of the Uni.

Reply 887
Hey, I just wanted to know what the best university is for Bsc economics out of the following: Royal Holloway, City University, Queen Mary, Uni of Surrey.

Below are my IB offers in case you were wondering:

Royal Holloway 32 points with 5 in HL Math
City University 35 points
Queen Mary 36 Points with 5 in HL Math and 5 HL English
Surrey 35 points with 6 in HL Math

Thanks
Reply 888
City is the only stand out for me, and thats since its got cass business school, which isnt exactly the most amazing thing but its known, however i hated city/cass when i went on the open day, it was bleak, bland, boring and looked so bloody dull, like no atmosphere, fair enough its in the centre of london, but it had no sense of uni community if you get what im saying, suppose its because i like campus unis :biggrin:
Original post by Shaneel
Hey, I just wanted to know what the best university is for Bsc economics out of the following: Royal Holloway, City University, Queen Mary, Uni of Surrey.

Below are my IB offers in case you were wondering:

Royal Holloway 32 points with 5 in HL Math
City University 35 points
Queen Mary 36 Points with 5 in HL Math and 5 HL English
Surrey 35 points with 6 in HL Math

Thanks

I think it would be Surrey, probably because of the work placement year. It gives a nice balance of both theory and practice :smile:.
Original post by teshnit
City is the only stand out for me, and thats since its got cass business school, which isnt exactly the most amazing thing but its known, however i hated city/cass when i went on the open day, it was bleak, bland, boring and looked so bloody dull, like no atmosphere, fair enough its in the centre of london, but it had no sense of uni community if you get what im saying, suppose its because i like campus unis :biggrin:

But Economics isn't run by Cass, its run by social sciences department I think
Reply 891
Original post by thesnowman
But Economics isn't run by Cass, its run by social sciences department I think

Sorry yes you're right, no idea then tbh, guess you like london, so city still has some sort of edge out of the 4
I havent heard anything yet from Warwick Notts or Bristol

I know that there gonna look at me after Jan 15th but anyone else with offers from these Uni's
Reply 893
Original post by therockandsock
I havent heard anything yet from Warwick Notts or Bristol

I know that there gonna look at me after Jan 15th but anyone else with offers from these Uni's

Got a Bristol offer (despite being sent the wait until January email). Also still waiting for Warwick and Notts.
Reply 894
Original post by Jodinjodin
Course: Economics
University: Durham
Offer: 34 IB points

Well Done! are you an international applicant because your offer is so low compared to the standard :smile: what are you higher level subjects and prediction? THanks! :smile:
Original post by Mdawg
Got a Bristol offer (despite being sent the wait until January email). Also still waiting for Warwick and Notts.

What sort of grades did you get , did you apply to anything else
Im waiting on LSe Econ and Econ Hist and rejected by Oxford E&M
Reply 896
Original post by therockandsock
What sort of grades did you get , did you apply to anything else
Im waiting on LSe Econ and Econ Hist and rejected by Oxford E&M

It's all in my sig (posted nearer the top of the page).
Reply 897
Original post by chisletts
You got an offer from Loughbrough well done! what are your grades and when did you apply? i aint heard anything from loughborough at all :frown: but got an offer from Leeds so not all bad

Well DOne! When did you send your application off what were your greades and are you an international student? Thanks x
Reply 898
Original post by Mdawg

Same.. Warwick and Nottingham are my top 2 choices as well...
Reply 899
offers from Nott/ Bristol/ Durham and Lancaster :biggrin:

Southampton is the only one which ignore me...

Latest

Trending

Trending