The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
St Edmund Hall is the only Hall named after a male that's a college.

That's right, I went there.
Sky in the JCR too, and when you get thirsty? Well, there's a medieval well right in the quad.

You know it makes sense :colonhash:
Reply 541
u lot are all ****ers shut up man
Original post by shinobi93
I applied to Hertford because when I used their CD prospectus, it congratulated me for having a Mac.

Good College Choice! (Poor Computer Choice)
Reply 543
Original post by RupertTheBear
Good College Choice! (Poor Computer Choice)

Nah, other way round.
Original post by RupertTheBear
I applied to Hertford because it had a bridge.

I applied to Hertford because it has a college cat and the porter was nice to me.
Reply 545
Original post by Lumi Nous
I applied to Hertford because it has a college cat and the porter was nice to me.

A college cat?! Boy, did I make the wrong choice :s-smilie:
Reply 546
Original post by shoshin
True, though this could backfire because you will be 'playing them on their home turf' :smile:

This is true but regardless of if it's "their turf" or an abstract field they are still likely to know so much more than you about it.

Reading up on tutors is definitely a very good thing to do, almost all of my interviews were based on tutor specialities
Reply 547
Original post by PaddyD15
...regardless of if it's "their turf" or an abstract field they are still likely to know so much more than you about it.

True :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 549
My track just updated again...but nothing changed. The 'unconditional' turned red and became a link but it was the same decision letter...
Original post by JAR12
A college cat?! Boy, did I make the wrong choice :s-smilie:

Two cats :sexface:
Reply 551
Original post by soutioirsim

Noooooooooooooo!
I WILL BE VISITING/STAYING.

Did you really? Interesting.

I mean, Mansfield College has a cat, and a nice porter, but I didn't know that when I applied.
Reply 553
Original post by Norbertnorbert
My offers from New (which said February on the letter) and it came through Track at half 5 today, so I imagine yours will come any time :smile:

Yeah mine's come through now too!! This teaches me a valuable lesson - if I complain about something not having happened on TSR then it will happen the next day... :wink:
Original post by soutioirsim

Yeah but only the Simpkins one is acknowledged... the other one seems to be some kind of rogue one!
Original post by freezombie
Did you really? Interesting.

I mean, Mansfield College has a cat, and a nice porter, but I didn't know that when I applied.

Yeah, I had a day in Oxford and had to narrow down the colleges based on fleeting glimpses. Hertford seemed friendly. Sadly I did not get to see Mansfield!
Yeah but only the Simpkins one is acknowledged... the other one seems to be some kind of rogue one!

Really? I thought they both "belonged" to the college :p:
Reply 557
Yeah, I had a day in Oxford and had to narrow down the colleges based on fleeting glimpses. Hertford seemed friendly. Sadly I did not get to see Mansfield!

I really liked Mansfield - the only thing which deterred me from applying was its small size!
Reply 558
Original post by rev_pain
My track just updated again...but nothing changed. The 'unconditional' turned red and became a link but it was the same decision letter...

Same thing happened to me.
I called UCAS.

I assume you were an Open Applicant too? (Or were reallocated?)

It's just the campus code changing.
Reply 559
Original post by Mann18
Same thing happened to me.
I called UCAS.

I assume you were an Open Applicant too? (Or were reallocated?)

It's just the campus code changing.

Hmm, I was both an open applicant and reallocated but i'm pretty sure it had the right code the first time it updated because I remember checking to see if it was the code for my college ( St Hilda's) and it was.

Shouldn't be a problem, I'll just ring the college tomorrow to check but I'm going to be terrified that I haven't really got an offer in until the day I start :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending