The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Just got a conditional offer from churchill to read engineering :biggrin:... wow that was a long, stressful wait!
Original post by georgiamingles
Any Gonville and Caius students? I feel like I'm on my own here!

Yesss! :biggrin: which course? :smile:
Original post by Caught_A_Glimpse
Yesss! :biggrin: which course? :smile:

Yes! Another Caius student! Going for English..I'm so darn excited
Reply 703
Original post by queenofglass
congrats! am doing economics at queens' haha :smile:

Yeah! another Queens' offer holder :biggrin:
Reply 704
Track just updated! :biggrin:

Right, sligtly long story coming up: when I received my letter, the offer on it was in terms of A-Levels (I do Scottish Advanced Highers) and it said 1,1 in STEP II and III, so I just thought it would fix itself on UCAS Track. The admissions tutor then phoned the next day, luckily my dad was in, I was at school, and they said that the wrong letter had been sent and that the offer would be AAA at AH and 1,1 in STEP and that they would e-mail to confirm. Now I just assumed it would be the same STEP papers as in the original letter as my dad never mentioned which ones they said on the phone. But now Track has updated and it says AAA and 1,1 in STEP I and II, not II and III (not that I'm complaining! just curious...). I still haven't received an e-mail from them so am thinking of e-mailing them, however, I have no idea what to say/how to put it!
Track updated, makes me grin every time I see it :smile:
There's hardly anyone on here for Trinity Hall!
I got an A*AA offer for MML (French and German) for Tit Hall - anyone else for that college/course?
Reply 706
Original post by boblucas
Just got a conditional offer from churchill to read engineering :biggrin:... wow that was a long, stressful wait!

oh wow congrats!! Im still waiting :s-smilie: do u live outside of the uk, how did u find out? I also applied for engineering, but at Clare..have had absolutly NO news, not letter email or UCAS.. iknow its probably jsut the stupid italian post but the wait is really getting to me!!
anways, congrats really :biggrin:
Original post by r_u_t_h
Track just updated! :biggrin:

Right, sligtly long story coming up: when I received my letter, the offer on it was in terms of A-Levels (I do Scottish Advanced Highers) and it said 1,1 in STEP II and III, so I just thought it would fix itself on UCAS Track. The admissions tutor then phoned the next day, luckily my dad was in, I was at school, and they said that the wrong letter had been sent and that the offer would be AAA at AH and 1,1 in STEP and that they would e-mail to confirm. Now I just assumed it would be the same STEP papers as in the original letter as my dad never mentioned which ones they said on the phone. But now Track has updated and it says AAA and 1,1 in STEP I and II, not II and III (not that I'm complaining! just curious...). I still haven't received an e-mail from them so am thinking of e-mailing them, however, I have no idea what to say/how to put it!

II and III are for people who do full Further Maths A-level. Since AH Maths does not cover everything in Further Maths, you would be asked I and II instead (this was the case in my offer).
Reply 708
Original post by queenofglass
congrats! am doing economics at queens' haha :smile:

congrats to you too!!
could i ask out of curiousity what your offer is?? (i got A*AAB and must get an A or A* in maths)
and GREAT choice of course :wink:
Reply 709
Original post by ukdragon37
II and III are for people who do full Further Maths A-level. Since AH Maths does not cover everything in Further Maths, you would be asked I and II instead (this was the case in my offer).

Thanks for that :smile: Yeah, cause I was sure I read somewhere on the STEP website that III was for only for those doing full Further Maths but I wasn't sure how equivalent the AH Maths was to it, guess I know now! Thanks!
Reply 710
Any Gonville and Caius students? I feel like I'm on my own here!

Yeah - Ive got an offer for Engineering! What course you studying? :smile:
Reply 711
Original post by TomU
Woop! Ucas Track updated today with my Cambridge offer! Finally, I can be sure that the offer wasn't a mistake and it's now legally binding on them! :biggrin:

No room for error for me on my Access course though. Distinctions required in all 36 of my law and psychology modules. Hard few months coming up! Apparently I'm the only person from my college to ever be accepted into Cambridge. Slightly daunting that I've seemingly got the weight of my entire college on my shoulders now!

My Track updated today and it just feels so official now! :biggrin:

And it's the same with me, I'm the first person in my school, as far as any of the teachers there can remember, to ever get an offer from Cambridge, so no pressure!
Yes! Another Caius student! Going for English..I'm so darn excited

Ahhh awesome :biggrin:
Same! It was such a nice place! :biggrin:
Are you planning on writing to them to confirm your acceptance? :smile:
Reply 713
Original post by wavertree.road
Yipee! Was it conditional?

Yeah, but hopefully I'll fulfill them :smile: Waiting to hear back from colleges right now...!
Reply 714
Original post by gewelz93
oh wow congrats!! Im still waiting :s-smilie: do u live outside of the uk, how did u find out? I also applied for engineering, but at Clare..have had absolutly NO news, not letter email or UCAS.. iknow its probably jsut the stupid italian post but the wait is really getting to me!!
anways, congrats really :biggrin:

I live in cyprus. I actually just emailed churchill today cuz i was fed up of waitin for the letter even tho they said not to email the admissions office :tongue: and that they would only said offers by post! So, maybe you should send them an email as well.
Reply 715
Original post by ragaa
what was your bmat score?

Yay Emma Medic right? haha I was sooo happy when I got my letter... what's your offer?
Reply 716
Original post by christofu
I got an offer Medicine at Emmanuel.

A*AA for any of my A2 subjects.

I'm an international student. Anyone else going to Emma? :smile:

Me.. Medicine too! I've got the same offer... :biggrin: haha I can't wait
Reply 717
Original post by boblucas
I live in cyprus. I actually just emailed churchill today cuz i was fed up of waitin for the letter even tho they said not to email the admissions office :tongue: and that they would only said offers by post! So, maybe you should send them an email as well.

I think i will tomorrow if i don't recieve anything, I finish my mocks tomorrow so thats good, wont be affected by wtevs the news is..fingers crossed!
Offer from Catz for English! Anybody else who's been offered the course there, check out the preliminary reading list - it's IMMENSE! Feel free to PM me fellow St Catharine's-ers :biggrin:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'm one of about 7 successes out of about 15 to Cambridge and 25 to Oxbridge.
6 of the successes were Cambridge.
Sigh. I'm not special.

Woah...this is like the most bizzare idea to me! In our school there were only two girls who applied for Oxbridge...luckily we were both accepted! I guess that's what comes from going to a teensy little school :/

Original post by wickedislove
I got an A*AA offer for MML (French and German) for Tit Hall - anyone else for that college/course?

MML! I'm for French and Spanish (ab initio) at St John's :smile: there doesn't seem to be many linguists floating about here, does there? Congrats on the offer! :tongue:

Original post by rosemary93
St John's Economics :biggrin:

Original post by c.andy
Hey, I got an offer at St John's for Land Economy :smile:

Original post by anx92
OMG offer for Economics at St john's :smile: anyone else???

Aiiieeee! St John's people :biggrin: Well done on your offers!
I guess we'll (hopefully) be seeing each other in October :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending