The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quite a strong team he's put out but still resting a few which is good. Hopefully we'll get a good win so that we can rest players for the 2nd leg but you never know, we've been quite profligate recently.
Reply 1201
I hope we put this game beyond doubt in time to substitute some of our key players, tbh...
Reply 1202
JK.
OP
Yeh, a few goals before half time then bring Theo and Cesc off, imo.
I joined late, have I missed any near-chances?
Reply 1204
I'm stream-less and commentary-less here guys. Help me out, how are we doing?!
Reply 1205
JK.
OP
Original post by Captain92
I joined late, have I missed any near-chances?

Not really, been in and around their area a bit, Denilson's had a shot blocked and Theo dragged one well wide, but nothing clear cut.
Original post by JK.
Not really, been in and around their area a bit, Denilson's had a shot blocked and Theo dragged one well wide, but nothing clear cut.

Cool, thanks.
Ipswich seem to be doing a stellar job of absorbing the pressure so far.
Original post by pje1989
I'm stream-less and commentary-less here guys. Help me out, how are we doing?!

0-0 after 30mins, no really decent chances. Passing is neat apart from a couple of sloppy mistakes I've seen so far.
It's a bit flat compared to how we can play.

Edit: Also, Eboue looks beat.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1208
Is Arshavin playing? He better up his work rate.
Original post by gunner92
Is Arshavin playing? He better up his work rate.

Yeah he is. He's been pretty quiet, but then so has the whole team. From what I have seen of him, he's running a bit more than he's been of late, so at least he's stretching the defence a little.
I got a feeling Ipswich will win his one, we are just not playing well at all.
Arshavin and Bendtner need to go.
Reply 1212
A couple of decent spells of passing, but that half was... boring. Lacklustre is the word I'd use to describe it...

Wilshere is looking impressive. Arshavin is looking very, very poor. Bendtner is non-existent. I somehow feel this is headed for a draw...
I'm 80% sure that Thierry is still better than both Bendtner and Arshavin put together, on their current form.
Why didn't Van Persie even make the bench? :unimpressed:. Chamakh is of the Bendtner breed so he probably wont make much difference if he came on :colonhash:.
Reply 1215
Original post by Captain92
I'm 80% sure that Thierry is still better than both Bendtner and Arshavin put together, on their current form.

I laughed but....

its so true!!!

bendtner is in the wrong profession.
Reply 1216
wilshire = the next xavi/iniesta! :biggrin:
You lot are under serious pressure, but to be honest they seem toothless up front.
Reply 1218
Defending on the wings is really poor, its providing a showcase for Djourou and Koscielny. Arshavin's time is surely drawing to a close.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1219
Arsenal are making Priskin and Wickham look like world beaters.

Latest