Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
'Your application has not yet been received by a College' :erm:
That line is starting to bring me down.

Does anyone else feel like they're getting more anxious as the deadline gets closer and closer?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2421
Original post by skypig97
I'm going to St Chad's Open Day March 22 (actually arrive Mar 21):smile:

I'm going up for Combined Honours in Arts . . . you?

English, I'm going to the other one though.
I think it will be really useful because we can see what the rooms are like :smile:
Have you been before?
Reply 2422
Original post by stace93
English, I'm going to the other one though.
I think it will be really useful because we can see what the rooms are like :smile:
Have you been before?

No I haven't been and I live in Arkansas US--very useful to go have a look. I was torn between English and Classics and so went for the Combined Honours so I could do both.
Reply 2423
Original post by skypig97
No I haven't been and I live in Arkansas US--very useful to go have a look. I was torn between English and Classics and so went for the Combined Honours so I could do both.

I live quite near so I've been to Durham before and it's really nice!
I haven't been into the college before though.
Have you done Classics before? I think it looks interesting but English state schools don't offer it so I've never done it before.
Reply 2424
Original post by ben788
Has anyone got an offer for Archeology?

My mate did at St. Chad's but he got an offer from cambridge so won't be going....
Reply 2425
Original post by matth55
My mate did at St. Chad's but he got an offer from cambridge so won't be going....

What was his offer for Cambridge and Durham? Thanks :smile:
Reply 2426
hi :smile: 'your application has not been received by the College' STILL sigh...

oh well...anyone got offers for Poltics and Sociology yet?? :smile:
Original post by MelissaJayne
Sod all. I'm holding out til atleast the 15th and deadline date til I actually expect anything though. Even if it's a rejection, I wish it'd just hurry up and tell me so I can get organised. It's the last offer I'm waiting on. What about you my fellow Essexarian?
safe.

Not a sound, the 'wastegash'.
I really would like to know so i can think about firming etc. I don't check AES as much anymore though, so i think my inner self is acknowledging the rejection.
Frustrating eh
Safe
Original post by hlking
Tuesday :smile: You?

Probably the Tuesday too, see you there! :tongue:
Reply 2429
Original post by ben788
Has anyone got an offer for Archeology?

One of my friends has as well, for Collingwood or trevs, one of the two :smile:
Original post by Ultimate1
Any mathmo's recieved offers after the break?

I reeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy want one. Durham is magical.

Me!! ... At least i'm waiting for one like you! Durham does look magical, is it as good as it looks? I've never actually been there. :redface: Which college did you go for?
Original post by Mfreeman.
Not a sound, the 'wastegash'.
I really would like to know so i can think about firming etc. I don't check AES as much anymore though, so i think my inner self is acknowledging the rejection.
Frustrating eh
Safe

Likewise, don't worry though..if they reject us, we'll just shank them. With lambs.
Reply 2432
Original post by Ahmed.23
Im from Sri Lanka... hehe
Good luck and hope to see u there! :smile:

Thanks! Hopefully :smile:
Original post by Itareldie
Me!! ... At least i'm waiting for one like you! Durham does look magical, is it as good as it looks? I've never actually been there. :redface: Which college did you go for?

Yes it is magical. It's like undescribable. I applied Castle even though I've got 0 chance of getting in lawl. Where did you apply and for what course?
Original post by mooniibuggy
Yep, i've got an offer but at Stephenson! :smile:

Heeeyyy, nice one. Congrats on the offer!

:smile:
A while ago my school's go-to teacher for UCAS admissions told me I had an unconditional for Law at Durham- you should have seen my reaction! I was ecstatic! Did a little dance of success and everything!
Then we realised that the U on her form actually referred to University College and, er, not Unconditional. :frown: And to this day I haven't heard more than the ol' "We have received your application/we may wait until after the 15th in the interests of fairness" email.

Aahh! I am worried about it! I have offers from Exeter (Law and French, Maitrise) and also Kent (Eng and Fre Law), and a rejection from Oxford (which I was anticipating anyway!), so I'm not crying myself to sleep, but I'm waiting on Durham and KCL still... :frown: It's such a long wait considering I applied early!
Reply 2436
French offers.....When did you apply? I applied for French & beginners Spanish on the 23rd of November and I'm yet to hear anything! So don't want to get my hopes up...thanks for any replies!
Anyone heard for Natural Sciences??
(sorry for being lazy and not checking the thread since its kinda long :P)
Reply 2438
Offer from University College for Law AAA :smile:
Anyone else going to the University open days on 21st/22nd march?
Original post by Stacemeister
A while ago my school's go-to teacher for UCAS admissions told me I had an unconditional for Law at Durham- you should have seen my reaction! I was ecstatic! Did a little dance of success and everything!
Then we realised that the U on her form actually referred to University College and, er, not Unconditional. :frown: And to this day I haven't heard more than the ol' "We have received your application/we may wait until after the 15th in the interests of fairness" email.

Aahh! I am worried about it! I have offers from Exeter (Law and French, Maitrise) and also Kent (Eng and Fre Law), and a rejection from Oxford (which I was anticipating anyway!), so I'm not crying myself to sleep, but I'm waiting on Durham and KCL still... :frown: It's such a long wait considering I applied early!

aaah... shame.. that sucks., thinking you got an offer and finding you didn't:s-smilie:

But you're not alone.. I applied (for law) and sent my application on 14 October and with the exception of the acknowledgement email- have heard NADA :frown: AES remains stagnant :mad:

Got an offer from Exeter to though:biggrin: but Durham would take the cake to be honest :biggrin: ( I also got rejected from Oxford :mad: so need Durham to reply to boost my confidence again :colondollar:)

Latest