The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rosswold
I'm an EU student and got an offer without an interview so maybe you also won't need one :wink:
But I got rejected from IC so I guess it's a bit different :tongue:

I'm going to firm UCL in a few days (or weeks, depending on UCAS) and I'll try to get a self-catered shared room in 5 minutes walking distance :biggrin: This narrows it down to 5 houses... (from the description Astor College seems to be the nicest one)

I think I'll go for my own room ... I was looking at Astor College too, I think I'm applying there :smile:
I would like an en-suite but it's way too much for me :/
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by woods.vanessa
I think I'll go for my own room ... I was looking at Astor College too, I think I'm applying there :smile:
I would like an en-suite but it's way too much for me :/

Just to give you a bit of info-
My boyfriend is at UCL and i remember being with him when he was sat filling in the accomodation forms. You don't specify where you want to be, you answer questions such as "Which is the most important to you?: Distance, Cost, having a fridge, single room" and then they put you in a hall or house depending on this info. Saying this, my boyfriend scribled on the top "please can you put me in Campbell house" and he was put in there. However, he was a gap year student, so he got to arrange his accomodation before people in year 13 could...

btw, Campbell house is lovellyyyy, such a nice place to be
I got a letter saying that they have recommended an offer to be sent through UCAS?
What does this mean? Do I have an offer or not? :s-smilie:
Original post by coffee-spoons
Just to give you a bit of info-
My boyfriend is at UCL and i remember being with him when he was sat filling in the accomodation forms. You don't specify where you want to be, you answer questions such as "Which is the most important to you?: Distance, Cost, having a fridge, single room" and then they put you in a hall or house depending on this info. Saying this, my boyfriend scribled on the top "please can you put me in Campbell house" and he was put in there. However, he was a gap year student, so he got to arrange his accomodation before people in year 13 could...

btw, Campbell house is lovellyyyy, such a nice place to be

Thanks for that! I think I'll write out my own little note.
I'm swaying towards Intercollegiate at the moment. They have catered accomodation for less than £130/week! And you get to mix with loads of different students which sounds like fun.
Original post by la.polista
I got a letter saying that they have recommended an offer to be sent through UCAS?
What does this mean? Do I have an offer or not? :s-smilie:

I think it pretty much does mean that ... but just wait for the UCAS update to make sure! Congrats.
Reply 2145
Anyone got an offer for English Lit yet? :^_^:
Has anyone got an offer for Medical Physics yet? Send my application a while ago now...
Yeah intercollegiate ones sound cool in that sense but I expected them to be cheaper than the UCL ones but they're not ?
And they are further away!:frown:
Are intercollegiate ones all catered? Are you sure?
Because I'm looking at one called Nutford house and it's only £112/week.
That can't be including food, surely?

Not all of them, Connaught is literally a 5 minute walk to the main UCL building, International is about 10-15 minute walk, and I think college is a 5-10 minute walk. I'm not sure about the others.

I'm not sure if they're cheaper than the UCL ones, but anywhere in London is going to be expensive.

As far as I'm aware, all Intercollegiate are catered, so I would say yes, it is including food.

Nutford house is one of the furthest intercollegiate from UCL though, just bear in mind that unless you want to catch a bus/tube everyday, it's about a half hour walk to the main UCL building.

Good Luck applying! I'm going and getting my passport photos done, then sending it off!
Original post by JakeBeesley
Not all of them, Connaught is literally a 5 minute walk to the main UCL building, International is about 10-15 minute walk, and I think college is a 5-10 minute walk. I'm not sure about the others.

I'm not sure if they're cheaper than the UCL ones, but anywhere in London is going to be expensive.

As far as I'm aware, all Intercollegiate are catered, so I would say yes, it is including food.

Nutford house is one of the furthest intercollegiate from UCL though, just bear in mind that unless you want to catch a bus/tube everyday, it's about a half hour walk to the main UCL building.

Good Luck applying! I'm going and getting my passport photos done, then sending it off!

Oh yeah Connaught sounds really good too! I just read the info on the site and it says breakfast and dinner is included and lunch on weekends! That's amazing for the price that it is.
So Nutford is out the window :tongue: I can't be asked to travel that far everyday. Getting new photos is probably a good idea.
I found some good pics of the intercollegiate halls here : http://www.halls.london.ac.uk/student/connaught/Default.aspx
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh yeah Connaught sounds really good too! I just read the info on the site and it says breakfast and dinner is included and lunch on weekends! That's amazing for the price that it is.
So Nutford is out the window :tongue: I can't be asked to travel that far everyday. Getting new photos is probably a good idea.

Yeah, I have a friend a Connaught this year and he said it's really good, they all meet up in the bar downstairs and then go out in a big group, which is awesome! And the proximity to UCL means you an literally crawl out of bed hungover and into uni :P
Original post by JakeBeesley
Yeah, I have a friend a Connaught this year and he said it's really good, they all meet up in the bar downstairs and then go out in a big group, which is awesome! And the proximity to UCL means you an literally crawl out of bed hungover and into uni :P

Lol always a plus. I havn't actually looked at the form yet but do you get to write down what halls you want to be in? Otherwise you could get put anywhere right?
Reply 2151
Original post by amohamud15
Has anyone got an offer for Medical Physics yet? Send my application a while ago now...

I had an interview in December and have been told I have a place but they need to check quotas and stuff before finalising things. There are still interviews going on I think and they said that they probably won't have any final decisions until Feb/March...
anyone heard from UCL for mathematics yet? :smile: I sent my UCAS off 2 months ago and i don't know anyone who has heard back yet :s-smilie:
Reply 2153
Grades permitting I'll be off to UCL next year as today I got an offer for ESPS! I couldn't be more excited right now :biggrin:
Hi! I sent my application off for English in mid Oct and haven't heard anything except an acknowledgement.... I know people who've been rejected but I haven't heard of anyone being interviewed or accepted... when do they get back to people?
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 2155
Original post by Lizzy the Bookworm
Hi! I sent my application off for English in mid Oct and haven't heard anything except an acknowledgement.... I know people who've been rejected but I haven't heard of anyone being interviewed or accepted... when do they get back to people?
Thanks! :smile:

I did the same, nobody I personally know has received back from UCL about English yet. They have a lot of applicants to get through for English - its really over subscribed. Hopefully we'll hear soon!
Original post by Emma_W
I had an interview in December and have been told I have a place but they need to check quotas and stuff before finalising things. There are still interviews going on I think and they said that they probably won't have any final decisions until Feb/March...

Wow, Congrats! :smile:

where else are you applying?
Reply 2157
Original post by dj9
Yees, i'm so happy and thankful. At least I have one of the 2 london ones now :smile:
Haha don't be silly, you've got in everywhere else and I had my interview the week before. Still time you have nothing to worry about, do you even need an offer from UCL?... wait before you think about that... it's AAAe. now you can answer. lol (although i'm reapplying, so I wouldn't be surprised if they gave me the higher offer). you'll have to wait and see for sure :wink:
how's your prep goin for jan exams, do you have many?

oooh nice. congrats on your imperial interview. that one seems to be deceiving me. took UCL quite a while, about 6 weeks until the offer. but that includes the christmas break. but as nikita was saying it's totally different for EU or international apps. If you have an interview from Imperial, you're clearly a strong candidate, you may even get an offer without interview at UCL.
good luck for both! where else did you apply and which is your favourite?

Oh thank you! I surely hope so, because I'm quite afraid of the interview! But it will be far better than a rejection :P Have you applied there as well? Did you get an offer! Congrats if you did! I'm also applying to Warwick (got an offer), Edinburgh (still waiting), and Glasgow (offer). It is hard to say which one is my favorite but I think it is either IC or UCL :colondollar: Where did you apply?
Lol always a plus. I havn't actually looked at the form yet but do you get to write down what halls you want to be in? Otherwise you could get put anywhere right?

If you're putting down your preference is intercollegiate then you can state your 1st and 2nd choices, I think you need to do this if you choose to go into catered accommodation in general, whether you choose intercollegiate or not. If you choose UCL Halls, then they just give you a room, you don't really have a choice, although a lot of people say they write "put me in Ramsey" or whatever on the top of their form/somewhere, and a lot of them get it. It's worth a try!
Reply 2159
Original post by smid1345
Oh thank you! I surely hope so, because I'm quite afraid of the interview! But it will be far better than a rejection :P Have you applied there as well? Did you get an offer! Congrats if you did! I'm also applying to Warwick (got an offer), Edinburgh (still waiting), and Glasgow (offer). It is hard to say which one is my favorite but I think it is either IC or UCL :colondollar: Where did you apply?

Lol it definitely is better than a rejection. Haha noo don't be nervous, UCL interview is really relaxed and casual. Either way you're all good! I have applied to UCL yes, got my offer, really really pleased. Just wanted either UCL or IC, still waiting for IC though. They are my top 2 :tongue: Ooo nice set of universities there. What's the glasgow offer? I also applied to Warwick and got an offer but it's the exact same as UCL so that's kinda pointless now :frown: Erm got an unconditional from loughborough which will be my back up if i dont get IC, because I also play tennis for england. but tennis gets rejected when it comes to exams. if i get the grades it's worth it though! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending