Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sweetchilli
What was your UKCAT? pm me if you'd rather...:wink:

Original post by haleem
My interview wad horrific :'-)

What happened?

Did you get interviewed today?

I did, and I didn't find them nearly as horrible as I'd expected from other comments on here!
Original post by rachel6286
I did, and I didn't find them nearly as horrible as I'd expected from other comments on here!

Yeah, mine went quite well, they were lovely. Really friendly/encouraging.

Sorry you had a bad experience Haleem. :frown: But interviews are hard to judge. I've had job interviews I thought went awesome then not got the job, and interviews I thought were terrible but somehow impressed the interviewers. None of us can really tell how we did until march.
Original post by Vulpes
Thanks! I'll try not to get lost =P

Congratulations on your interview!
I agree, definitely stop in at Mother India's Cafe! :biggrin:
Original post by dominiqueblack
Congratulations on your interview!
I agree, definitely stop in at Mother India's Cafe! :biggrin:

Nom nom nom nom!!
Original post by Caponester

TBH you are only 5 off what seems to be the cut-off of 655. Newcastle started with 675 as their cut-off, dropped it to 667.5 and someone said the other day they may be dropping it again (I need it to drop to 660) so you never know if Glasgow don't want peeps with higher UKCATs, they may well drop it a little and invite those people. Until a rejection comes through there is still hope! :smile:
TBH you are only 5 off what seems to be the cut-off of 655. Newcastle started with 675 as their cut-off, dropped it to 667.5 and someone said the other day they may be dropping it again (I need it to drop to 660) so you never know if Glasgow don't want peeps with higher UKCATs, they may well drop it a little and invite those people. Until a rejection comes through there is still hope! :smile:

You are right, there is still some hope but with 800 interviewees to choose from I suspect the writing is on the wall.
Reply 707
x

hey. Sorry for quoting you out of the blue but you seem to be knowing a lot around here :biggrin: Could you tell me, if you happen to know, if there are any other information about the Glasgow course apart from the undergraduate page giving details on the website and the course structure documents we got through mail? People seem to be talking about plenaries around here and I couldn't find such things on the website... But then again I might have missed some "secretly hidden" page:biggrin: thanks a lot, I'd really appreciate some help right now :colondollar:
Original post by teafil
hey. Sorry for quoting you out of the blue but you seem to be knowing a lot around here :biggrin: Could you tell me, if you happen to know, if there are any other information about the Glasgow course apart from the undergraduate page giving details on the website and the course structure documents we got through mail? People seem to be talking about plenaries around here and I couldn't find such things on the website... But then again I might have missed some "secretly hidden" page:biggrin: thanks a lot, I'd really appreciate some help right now :colondollar:

It's all in the information they send when they notify you of interview. It goes through what is involved in each year, and tells you what FRS (Fixed Resource Sessions; tutorials, seminars, labs, workshops, etc) and plenaries (lectures) are. :smile:
Original post by teafil

No worries. I haven't seen any other information other than the 2 sources that you quoted. Within the documents they sent, plenaries are mentioned. They are just lectures for the whole year. Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 710
No worries. I haven't seen any other information other than the 2 sources that you quoted. Within the documents they sent, plenaries are mentioned. They are just lectures for the whole year. Hope this helps. :smile:

Original post by Happy Insomniac
It's all in the information they send when they notify you of interview. It goes through what is involved in each year, and tells you what FRS (Fixed Resource Sessions; tutorials, seminars, labs, workshops, etc) and plenaries (lectures) are. :smile:

Geez guys thanks a lot!! And a quick reply as well :redface: I didn't have the time to go trough the whole document ... But I'll probably find everything when I actually read it :biggrin: Sorry for asking without double checking the sources and thanks a lot again !!!

P.S. Sweetchilli im sorry buy I cant pos rep you cuz apparently I have to rep other users before :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by teafil

P.S. Sweetchilli im sorry buy I cant pos rep you cuz apparently I have to rep other users before :frown:

Don't worry. Glad to have helped. :wink:
Reply 712
Original post by teafil
Geez guys thanks a lot!! And a quick reply as well :redface: I didn't have the time to go trough the whole document ... But I'll probably find everything when I actually read it :biggrin: Sorry for asking without double checking the sources and thanks a lot again !!!

Did it for you since I found this useful as well :smile:
Original post by teafil

http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_45634_en.pdf

this link should take you to an information leaflet on studying medicine at Glasgow, tells you about plenaries etc
I have an interview on Friday at Glasgow for medicine. I have lost the part of the letter that said what I need to take with me, can anyone tell me what I need?
Reply 715
Original post by miller343434
I have an interview on Friday at Glasgow for medicine. I have lost the part of the letter that said what I need to take with me, can anyone tell me what I need?

From memory, you need to take your exam certificates, two passport sized photos and two forms of ID (birth certificate/passport/drivers licence), one of which needs to be photographic.

I've merged your thread into the main glasgow thread as these guys may be able to help more. Good luck :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 716
Mine's tomorrow, too. 4:15PM.

Aha, I saw several nervous looking people in suits around that time. Wonder if I saw any of you guys!
Reply 717
Original post by Harbour Seal
I don't understand why they don't just send the interviews out all at once! THis is honestly killing me every time I check my inbox.

It will come by post anyway :smile:
Original post by lekky
Aha, I saw several nervous looking people in suits around that time. Wonder if I saw any of you guys!

Did you have a lecture just before then? There seemed to be a lot of people waiting to go somewhere. I was wandering about asking people where reception was, haha. If you saw a short girl with long dark hair in a dark brown suit, that would be meee. I'd like to think I didn't look too nervous, though. :biggrin:
Reply 719
Did you have a lecture just before then? There seemed to be a lot of people waiting to go somewhere. I was wandering about asking people where reception was, haha. If you saw a short girl with long dark hair in a dark brown suit, that would be meee. I'd like to think I didn't look too nervous, though. :biggrin:

Yeah we had a plenary. Think I might have seen you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending