The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't really care about the result, I care that we're wearing out Cesc+Wilshere and not even getting the job done. Another illustration that our squad isn't much good. Eboue just doesn't care, far better off letting him take up a mascot role than getting anywhere near the pitch, can't defend and just throws himself down when in promising positions for no reason.
Denilson plays another staring role in a vital goal conceded, i'd happily give him away for free, he has no role or future at the club

Oh for **** sake.. Don't you just ****ing love how our midfield create nothing..why wenger took off wilshere I don't know..he was the only one wanting to drive on the rest were just pass pass pass..it ****ing does my nut in..and arshavin..don't let me get me started..if he can't run ****ing drop him..you got playerts like JET waiting in the wings who could do better..argh it ****ing gripes me..I though long were the days where we wernt getting caught by long balls..wenger should apologise to the fans
Reply 1262
Dry your eyes guys and watch real football Inter vs Genoa.
Well, that was ****.

List of players who played well: Gibbs, Koscielny, Walcott, [Chamakh, Song].

List of players who had a so-so game: Szczesny, Djourou, Wilshere.

List of below-par players: Fabregas, Denilson, [Vela].

List of players who were completely terrible, as they have been in every single game they've played recently: Eboue, Arshavin, Bendtner.

What on earth was Eboue playing at for the goal? Priskin may have been half a yard offside (that's how I saw it from the SS replay angle) but you can't be stood two yards in front of your man when the whistle hasn't gone yet.

I don't think Arshavin showed a single good touch, and how Bendtner is starting ahead of Chamakh I don't know.

Szczesny should count himself lucky his handball wasn't spotted.

Walcott was our best player tonight, followed by Koscielny who I thought was strong, calm and composed.

Bad result, but we had a similar thing happen in Porto in the CL last season and turned it around emphatically - I can't see anything different happening here.

As far as the Ipswich side were concerned, Fulop was excellent (what is it about sub-standard keepers having a case of acute Buffonitis against Arsenal?) as was the right-back Peters.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1264
Original post by MoMatrix
Dry your eyes guys and watch real football Inter vs Genoa.

You spend a lot of time in the Arsenal thread for an Inter fan...
Defensively we weren't that bad, they just got lucky with a few lucky punts as everyone had gone up except Djourou and Koscielny. Attacking wise though it's just awful. 3 consecutive games we've had now where the opposition has parked the bus and defended for their lives and all 3 we have struggled to score, only a last minute penalty we've been capable of scoring. It's mainly down to Arshavin, Bendtner and Chamakh all being hugely out of form, plus we really are missing Nasri who has been by far our best player this season, and also Van Persie. Luckily these last 3 games haven't been critical but we're really going to have to pick it up against West Ham.
In other, more interesting news, Wellington Silva and Ryo Miyaichi have completed their moves to Arsenal, but have had visas rejected.

Wellington Silva has gone straight out on-loan to Levante, while Miyaichi is expected to join Barazite on-loan at Vitesse.
Reply 1267
Awful performance today. In other news: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346369/Premier-League-footballer-blackmail-plot-orgy-Las-Vegas-hotel-filmed.html

I think this may be Chamakh.

Player based in North London playing for a top 10 Prem. side. 27 years old "In the past he has even spoken of his strongly held religious beliefs and his refusal to touch alcohol"

Chamakh ticks all those boxes (He's supposed to be a practicing Muslim)
Reply 1268
Why do Arenal need to go behind before they show any urgency? To me that just looked like you were passing sideways for the whole match with no real penetration. You need Ramsey back to his best and the same goes for Rosicky as when Fabgregas isnt playing well your whole team doesnt. You were unlucky with the goal though.
Original post by zxh800
Awful performance today. In other news: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346369/Premier-League-footballer-blackmail-plot-orgy-Las-Vegas-hotel-filmed.html

Player based in North London playing for a top 10 Prem. side. 27 years old "In the past he has even spoken of his strongly held religious beliefs and his refusal to touch alcohol"

If it was an Arsenal player they'd have probably said top 6 rather than top 10.

Chances are it's a Sunderland/Bolton/Blackburn player, possibly Nikola Kalinic?

EDIT: Kalinic is 23, but still. They don't say that the player is a striker, so I'd imagine that it's pure coincedence that Chamakh is 27.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1270
Original post by marcusmerehay
If it was an Arsenal player they'd have probably said top 6 rather than top 10.

Chances are it's a Sunderland/Bolton/Blackburn player, possibly Nikola Kalinic?

EDIT: Kalinic is 23, but still. They don't say that the player is a striker, so I'd imagine that it's pure coincedence that Chamakh is 27.

I'm sorry but this is becoming too much of a coincidence:http://twitpic.com/1yzfav

That's Chamakh in vegas and anotehr article with Chamakh in vegas: http://marouanechamakh-fan.blogspot.com/2010/06/marouane-chamakh-plays-pickup-game-in.html

EDIT: I got the age from the article "Last night a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: ‘We can confirm that police are investigating an allegation of blackmail against a 27-year-old man."
Original post by zxh800
I'm sorry but this is becoming too much of a coincidence:http://twitpic.com/1yzfav

That's Chamakh in vegas and anotehr article with Chamakh in vegas: http://marouanechamakh-fan.blogspot.com/2010/06/marouane-chamakh-plays-pickup-game-in.html

EDIT: I got the age from the article "Last night a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: ‘We can confirm that police are investigating an allegation of blackmail against a 27-year-old man."

Chamakh was in Las Vegas last summer, rather than two years ago as the article states - although it is possible.

It's not something that really bothers me though - I wasn't worried when a similar story came up about van Persie a few years back.
Reply 1272
Chamakh was in Las Vegas last summer, rather than two years ago as the article states - although it is possible.

It's not something that really bothers me though - I wasn't worried when a similar story came up about van Persie a few years back.

I really hope it's not him but i've heard a rumour (random internet forum) that he was in Vegas with Bordeux previously.
Well played Ipswich ! Hopefully we will beat them at Ashburton Grove =/
Reply 1274
Horrible performance by Arsenal... lots of dead weight in the side that played today. For a team trying to end a trophy drought that performance is inexcusable. Playing like that we don't deserve to win the Carling Cup at all.

That said, their goal was a mile offside and we were unlucky not to get the call.
Original post by zxh800

I don't get how this is a story tbh, whoever it is. A single bloke has it away with 3 Swedish blondes. That's not a scandal, that's a TrueLad post.
Original post by Panthalic
I don't get how this is a story tbh, whoever it is. A single bloke has it away with 3 Swedish blondes. That's not a scandal, that's a TrueLad post.

Pretty much, the only "scandal" is the fact the he's supposedly Muslim. I don't see why that matters either, it's your actions that make you Muslim and not your words.

Walcott was our best player tonight, followed by Koscielny who I thought was strong, calm and composed.

This is golden material here, what a statement.

My view on Walcott: Awful finishing, awful passing, two good runs in the match but we all knew what would happen once he had the ball at feet...nothing.

Goal.com view on Walcott: Three words: poor, final, ball. Despite his thrust and guile, the end product once again let him down. Went down rather easily looking for a penalty after the restart, perhaps Mr Atkinson heard his post-match comments after the Leeds game... Rating: 6.0 (Same as Eboue Gibbs and Fabregas)

Marcus view on Walcott: Best player on pitch.

My view on Koscienly: Liability at the back, hesitant when confronted, generally poor.

Goal.com view on Koscienly: Lapses of concentration went unpunished, as he struggled to deal with Edwards' driven deliveries. Made the ultimate sin by allowing the ball to bounce, but once again Djourou came to the rescue. Rating: *FLOP OF THE MATCH* 4.5

Marcus view on Koscienly: 2nd best player on pitch. Calm, composed and strong.

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, and Goal.com is by no means a source which must be obeyed, but when you make such stupid statements I have to pull you up on it.
Reply 1278
Arsenal fans, Do you rate Walcott?
Original post by Fusion
Arsenal fans, Do you rate Walcott?

A question I would love to answer on behalf of Arsenal Football Club.

This man Theo Walcott will go down as one of the worst players ever to put on the red jersey. He is completely out of his depth. He has no footballing brain and has no potential to improve his technique either. He is awful.

Latest