The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lekky
Yeah we had a plenary. Think I might have seen you :smile:

Quite possibly. I was sat with a couple of scared-looking boys in suits (one with his mum) and an absolutely stunning girl with ridiculously high heels on. That's about all I recall.

It was a horrible day, though the interview was the highlight. Driving 11 hours round-trip for 15 minutes really sucked. I will definitely get the train or fly next time.
Original post by lekky
It will come by post anyway :smile:

Oh WILL it? :wink:

After my rejections from Edinburgh and Liverpool, I would quite like some good news from Glasgow soon. I'm really annoying everyone at college and on facebook with my moans.
Reply 722
Read bits of this thread before but never posted..

I've got a UKCAT average of 652.5, and I had an interview in december, so there's hope for people with scores around 650 yet!

I felt the interview went fairly well, overall they were friendly, at one point I think they were doing the good cop bad cop thing people are talking about but I just tried to block it out and act the same. It did feel quite rushed, being only 15-20 minutes long, and they do cut across you quite a lot, but nothing too unexpected came up and I came out feeling good. Really liked the city, and the university and it's certainly my 1st choice currently, just the wait for March now :smile:
am starting to rip out my hair....

HAVE HEARD NOTHING....FROM ANYONE (bar soton)
Just got an invite to interview through the post, I'm so happy right now :biggrin:

It's on the 7th March, so I guess we won't be hearing about offers until quite late on in March...

Don't give up hope if you haven't got an interview yet, I almost did and look what happened this morning!
Reply 725
Original post by Georgie Doll
Just got an invite to interview through the post, I'm so happy right now :biggrin:

It's on the 7th March, so I guess we won't be hearing about offers until quite late on in March...

Don't give up hope if you haven't got an interview yet, I almost did and look what happened this morning!

Gratz on your interview! I see you applied to B940 at Glasgow. Did you change your UCAS choice to something else after they withdrew the course?
Original post by Vulpes
Gratz on your interview! I see you applied to B940 at Glasgow. Did you change your UCAS choice to something else after they withdrew the course?

Thanks :smile: Yeah I did change my choice, it was really annoying for them to withdraw the course after giving out offers so I was tempted to apply somewhere else but I decided to change to immunology.
Reply 727
Original post by Georgie Doll
Thanks :smile: Yeah I did change my choice, it was really annoying for them to withdraw the course after giving out offers so I was tempted to apply somewhere else but I decided to change to immunology.

Go change your signature xD Where are you staying in Glasgow? I just found out a few hours ago that I can't book any hotel because I'm under 18. =[
Original post by Vulpes
Go change your signature xD Where are you staying in Glasgow? I just found out a few hours ago that I can't book any hotel because I'm under 18. =[

Haha I forgot that I needed to change it! :tongue:

Aww that sucks :frown: I only live an hour away on the train so I'm just getting the train in that morning. Sorry, I can't really help you out there! I'm sure someone else in the thread will have some advice.
Reply 729
Original post by Vulpes

Get your parents to book it for you
Reply 730
Original post by Harbour Seal
Oh WILL it? :wink:

After my rejections from Edinburgh and Liverpool, I would quite like some good news from Glasgow soon. I'm really annoying everyone at college and on facebook with my moans.

What I mean is they seem to give all interview invites via post, not email. If your UKCAT and grades were above the necessary and you have a reasonably good PS (in all honesty, they're all the same, so I think a bad PS has to be quite bad..) then why would you not get an interview? Positive thinking eh.
Hey Guys,
I had my Glasgow interview at 10:15 on Wednesday morning..
was anyone else there at that time?!
It was a bit mixed.. i slipped up bad on knowledge of the curriculum.. and also on the word empathy which i kept using, and when asked my opinion what it meant i went on about 'caring for a person and listening to them etc'.. lol..
anyway, it's out of my hands now.. got 2750 in ukcat (688 avg) so i'll see in time what my chances are.. anyone know when we'll be notified about whether or not we are successful?
Thanks, Sam
Reply 732
The interviews are only 15/20 minutes long? Seems quite short to me.

btw, it says in the letter "Applicants are strongly encouraged to read our MBChB Admissions Policy and Procedures document before attending their interview. This document can be found at www.gla.ac.uk/blahblahblah....

Has anyone read this and if so, is it useful knowledge?
Original post by lekky
What I mean is they seem to give all interview invites via post, not email. If your UKCAT and grades were above the necessary and you have a reasonably good PS (in all honesty, they're all the same, so I think a bad PS has to be quite bad..) then why would you not get an interview? Positive thinking eh.

Glasgow do not score the PS for deciding interviews. Based solely on academics and UKCAT, meet them = interview. They use the PS and reference for a basis for their questions at interview.
Original post by irishmansam
anyone know when we'll be notified about whether or not we are successful?
Thanks, Sam

Will be some time in March.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 735
Original post by sweetchilli
Glasgow do not score the PS for deciding interviews. Based solely on academics and UKCAT, meet them = interview. They use the PS and reference for a basis for their questions at interview.

It's not scored, but if your PS is sub-standard you will not get an interview :smile:
Original post by miller343434
I have an interview on Friday at Glasgow for medicine. I have lost the part of the letter that said what I need to take with me, can anyone tell me what I need?

I have my letter in front of me, you need:

*Passport if you have one plus one other form of photographic evidence of identity confirming your name, date of birth and address
*Original birth ceritficate (will be photocopied and retained for Disclosure purposes)
*Original of examination certificates
*Single passport photograph, signed by you on the back
*The completed Data Protection form which was enclosed in the letter

Hope this helps!
Reply 737
Right Guys ! Light Grey or Black suit ? Im buying mine tomorrow !
Reply 738
navy blue :P
Reply 739
interview tomorrow morning.....eeeek!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending