The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Geniusmiss
how did u prepare for C3 & C4? im doing c4,c3,s2 at once...

Hmm, I found C3 and C4 very easy so didn't really even bother with past papers. For most of them I just did as many past papers as possible.
Reply 81
Original post by Noble.
Hmm, I found C3 and C4 very easy so didn't really even bother with past papers. For most of them I just did as many past papers as possible.

wow...u must really smart...any tips to get into oxford? im in year 11.
Reply 82
I hope there aren't any definition questions.
Reply 83
Original post by puma21
I hope there aren't any definition questions.

same here! but they are easy marks!
Reply 84
During Poisson Distibution questions why do you change the parameter when the mean changes? (Do you need to know this?)
Anyone has Mock mark scheme??
I have question paper attached:smile:
Reply 86
approximately how many marks can u loose out of 75 but still get an a*?
Reply 87
Original post by Noble.

im 15 years old...doing all my gcse's and a levels early...i realy want to get in2 oxford....how did u prepare for s3&s4 (if u took them)... im looking at getting one A* maths...one in A further maths...one As-level physics (possibly a full A-level)...one A in business studies...one A in economics...will that be enough for oxford? sorry to bombard u with questions but i dont really know much abt u.k. universities...
Reply 88
guyssssss anyone avalible to help of a easy-ish stats exam question :frown:!
Reply 89
im 15 years old...doing all my gcse's and a levels early...i realy want to get in2 oxford....how did u prepare for s3&s4 (if u took them)... im looking at getting one A* maths...one in A further maths...one As-level physics (possibly a full A-level)...one A in business studies...one A in economics...will that be enough for oxford? sorry to bombard u with questions but i dont really know much abt u.k. universities...

Next year, Oxford are asking for A*A*A in maths and joint schools. So you'll need A*A* in Maths/Further. I didn't sit S3 and S4, I did all the mechanics modules instead.
Reply 90
Original post by Noble.
Next year, Oxford are asking for A*A*A in maths and joint schools. So you'll need A*A* in Maths/Further. I didn't sit S3 and S4, I did all the mechanics modules instead.

maths is a weak subject of mine...cud i get an A* in economics or business instead? because i wanna get into an economics course...im only 15..deres only so much i can do
Reply 91
Original post by Rimmiie
guyssssss anyone avalible to help of a easy-ish stats exam question :frown:!

post the question!
Reply 92
post the question!

ohh thankyouu :smile:
A six sided die is biased. When the die is thrown the number is is twice as likely to appear as any other number. All the other faces are equally likely to appear. The die is thrown repeatedly.

a) find the first 5 will occur on the sixth throw.

It says the probability that P(5) = 2/7 on the mark scheme....
WHYYY?? :s
Reply 93
Original post by Rimmiie
A six sided die is biased. When the die is thrown the number is is twice as likely to appear as any other number. All the other faces are equally likely to appear. The die is thrown repeatedly.

thats hard!! whre on earth did u find it?
Reply 94
thats hard!! whre on earth did u find it?

loool i know :s-smilie:
june 2003 S2 paper question 4
i have really bad luck with exams and the stuff i really dont get always comes up
so im scared something crap like this might come up
any ideas?
Reply 95
The random variable Y has probability density function f(y) given by
( ) 0 3
f ( )
0 otherwise
ky a y y
y
? ?
=??
???? ????
where k and a are positive constants.
(a) (i) Explain why a ???? 3

basically if that doesnt read well, what is the explanation for question 7a on the june 2010? havnt got a clue?
Reply 96
Original post by Rimmiie
loool i know :s-smilie:
june 2003 S2 paper question 4
i have really bad luck with exams and the stuff i really dont get always comes up
so im scared something crap like this might come up
any ideas?

im scared too now! no idea...im worried about definitions too! i really need an A*
Reply 97
Original post by Rimmiie

Lets denote the probability of getting any oher number except a five by k. Then we know that the sum of the probabilities of a number is equal to 1. We know from the question that the probability of getting a 5 is twice as likely i.e. 2k. So
2k+k+k+k+k+k=7k 7k=1. Therefore k=1/7.
So the probability of getting a five is 2/7. The probability of getting a 5 on the sixth throw is (5/7)^5*(2/7).
Reply 98
**** im really scared now!!! ok no im having a panic attack! i really need to get an A*!!! :'(
can anyone help me with part d) please
I just cant understand how 2a and a :confused::confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending