The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6040
Original post by n1r4v
Can someone explain why the Jodie Poppy scenes were there?

Gotta say though it was boring as ****, if I was involved in that I'd honestly fall asleep. Usual female chit chat about feelings, how they want a man with emotional intelligence blah blah

It was a replacement for a number of scenes that have been cut out
Reply 6041
Original post by mel0n
It was a replacement for a number of scenes that have been cut out

Which scenes were cut out? Didn't realise complaints have so much of an effect.
Original post by n1r4v
Which scenes were cut out? Didn't realise complaints have so much of an effect.
From what I've read just more grieving scenes.

I thought Popie was Lauren with make up for the wake!. Then I was thrown off when she started to speak like Jodie. I was thinking when since that cold bitch speak that softly? It took Jodie to call her by her name for me to be sure. She should replace the actress playing Lauren.
I've just read Sam W is leaving (I know I'm late :p:) but are Scott Maslen and Rita Simons going as well? If not, Anyone knows what they'll do with Jack and Roxy without Ronnie cos they never seem to have much storyline on their own.

Spoiler

Original post by $TUPID_hEAD
I've just read Sam W is leaving (I know I'm late :p:) but are Scott Maslen and Rita Simons going as well? If not, Anyone knows what they'll do with Jack and Roxy without Ronnie cos they never seem to have much storyline on their own.

haha that's old news! :tongue:

They've already begun setting Jack's new storyline up with him going into partnership with Max - They'll probably give Roxy a storyline with Christian or something.

The show needs some new people now.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6046
I'm sick of Ronnie getting disturbed mother roles, it's sooooo boring now. I would have rather Kat's baby died and she stole Ronnies. They are making it run for a bit long considering how dark it is as well. Usually they try and clear up the messed up bits within a few episodes but this is going to drag on forever. I wish they had the balls to wait 10 years til it's revealed because of some sort of blood test, that's what the old people in charge of Eastenders would have done.
Reply 6047
Original post by Elipsis
I'm sick of Ronnie getting disturbed mother roles, it's sooooo boring now. I would have rather Kat's baby died and she stole Ronnies. They are making it run for a bit long considering how dark it is as well. Usually they try and clear up the messed up bits within a few episodes but this is going to drag on forever. I wish they had the balls to wait 10 years til it's revealed because of some sort of blood test, that's what the old people in charge of Eastenders would have done.

Whut?
Reply 6048
Original post by mel0n
Whut?

I mean they need to pack away all the Ronnie being miserable. Perhaps send her away with the baby for a bit or something. Then she comes back all messed up in a few years, the kid says to kat 'youre not my mother', she says 'yes I am' job done.
Original post by Elipsis
I mean they need to pack away all the Ronnie being miserable. Perhaps send her away with the baby for a bit or something. Then she comes back all messed up in a few years, the kid says to kat 'youre not my mother', she says 'yes I am' job done.

Surely it would be:

Baby Tommy/replacement James: You're not my mother
Ronnie: Yeah about that erm doof doof doof

But seriously I agree that Ronnie was the wrong character to pile even more grief on and although they went ahead anyway and did the storyline, they should have the balls to carry it on for as long as they could ie till Sam Womack leaves instead of bring the reveal forward to April and then cutting scenes and replacing them with filler rubbish like Jodie and airhead friend.
Reply 6050
Original post by sleekchic
Surely it would be:

Baby Tommy/replacement James: You're not my mother
Ronnie: Yeah about that erm doof doof doof

But seriously I agree that Ronnie was the wrong character to pile even more grief on and although they went ahead anyway and did the storyline, they should have the balls to carry it on for as long as they could ie till Sam Womack leaves instead of bring the reveal forward to April and then cutting scenes and replacing them with filler rubbish like Jodie and airhead friend.

Nah, it has to be engineered in a way that Kat finds out before the kid and keeps it a secret for some reason. They could do it on the 20th anniversary of when it happened with Zoe or something lol. I wish the reveal was earlier, this storyline is dominating everything, and almost half the show for the last 2 years+ has been Ronnie related. Even when Stacey managed to get a story line in edgeways she had to wade in and be like 'DID YOU KILL MY DAD, I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!1one'.

I agree that if they were going to do this storyline they should have done it properly. I can't tell who would be worse at acting grief stricken though; Alfie or Jack?

As well as that the side story of Whitney, her nan, and Ghenghis Kahn is a total crock as well. Carol could have just said to Bianca 'I was grief stricken so I banged someone', she might have even gotten a high five. Eastenders has always had people getting their end away all over the place, but whoever is in charge now has zero imagination. He can't even let a relationship last 5 minutes.
Reply 6051
Well, that was a boring exit for Charlie. Boring episode too really.
Reply 6052
I think they made a mistake getting rid of Charlie. BK should stop trying to make the episode all young, that might be an attribution of Hollyoaks but not EE. Since he's joined I feel like there's so many more youths and a lot of focus on them with storylines that are a bit meh. Although Charlie's exit was a bit dry. Could have given him a bit more than a random tube stop :p:
cant believe so many people have left/are leaving tbh

eastenders the new hollyoaks ?!
Aw, Charlie. :frown: <3 I'm glad he got the Julia's theme ending.
Since when was Bow Road on the Central line? Fail!
Why on earth was Ian blubbering over the babys death? :s-smilie:
Also, Charlies exit was so meh.
Reply 6057
I hope this new Eastenders director gets the sack.
Original post by Panda Bear
Since when was Bow Road on the Central line? Fail!

She said District Line :wink:
Original post by Duck and Cover

Original post by Duck and Cover
She said District Line :wink:

The station used in the scene was not Bow Road and Charlie got on a Central line train.

Latest

Trending

Trending