The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
JK.
OP
Original post by marcusmerehay
I don't think anyone in here has ever rated Denilson highly as an Arsenal player. I certainly never have.

Rob.
Original post by JK.
Rob.

:facepalm2:

That man is so full of crumble.
Reply 1302
WENGER OUT

6 seasons.
Six.
SIX.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc
Totally disagree there and trust me I've been one of those Walcott bashers all season..the guy may lack a football brain but at least he tries..which is much more than B52 and denilson..and if it wasn't for the keeper he may have netted.. You can see his game is improving and last night wasn't it funny that as soon as he got the ball he had 3 men on him..i think you should vent your anger at wenger who was tactically inept and tried to be casual..thinking sticking cesc and Walcott on would make us runaway with the game when on Saturday only the fact that Leeds were tiring and our home pressure gave us that penalty..priskin was offside for his goal though so I expect us to get some sort of vital decision in our favour sometime in the games to come

Woah. :eek3:
Reply 1304
Original post by Mastermind`

Original post by Mastermind`
Woah. :eek3:

Ice Hockey rules should apply. Pull the goalie for an extra outfield player :awesome:
Original post by R-KAM
Ice Hockey rules should apply. Pull the goalie for an extra outfield player :awesome:

I was thinking more along the lines of: being allowed to tackle players without the ball; have a fight; have 20 odd sirens go off when a team scores etc.
Original post by ZizAli
The bit in bold is the trouble with Walcott. Story of his career.

The first time I came in here I criticised Bendtner and I was branded a fool. I then criticised Denilson and was branded a bigger fool. I then went on to criticise Wenger and I was completely ridiculed by this community. Now I'm being told to do exactly what I did before. The trouble is I'm ahead of you guys. Wengers tactics were appalling last year, I've given up criticising his tactics, team selection and substitutions a long time ago.

Your point makes no sense at all..yes when Theo was here in the beginning we all said his finishing was lacking..even chris waddle made that point too..but look at this season..he is becoming more of a potent force on goal..shalwar away..Chelsea at home and his hatrick against Blackpool..he's got an equal number of goals bale does and they're both widemen..agree about wengers tactics though..he just underestimated the opposition..also i don't think anyone was bashing you about criticising denilson..he's always been ****e..2mistakes from him have cost us now..should give up tbh with his snood..it was 10degrees last night ffs
Denilson's pish.

As for playing Bendter out on the right, what the **** has Wenger been taking as of late?
Original post by Stalin
Denilson's pish.

As for playing Bendter out on the right, what the **** has Wenger been taking as of late?

Was something he employed at the start of last season as well. The only benefit I can think of is you're matching up a tall player in Bendtner against the full back who is generally one of the shorter members of a team allowing you to go long with more success. Theoretically.
Reply 1309
Original post by voodoomagic

Was something he employed at the start of last season as well. The only benefit I can think of is you're matching up a tall player in Bendtner against the full back who is generally one of the shorter members of a team allowing you to go long with more success. Theoretically.

Or he doesn't trust him as the focal point of the attack so sticks him out wide so he's atleast playing :holmes:
Reply 1310
I don't get why Ziz is giving Walcott so much stick? I have never been a big fan of his, was glad he wasn't taken to the WC and always rated Lennon above him, but this season my opinion is changing. He has been really good for you guys but I guess it's like Lucas at Liverpool, some fans will just keep on berating him no matter how well he plays.
Original post by R-KAM
Or he doesn't trust him as the focal point of the attack so sticks him out wide so he's atleast playing :holmes:

Well there's that too.. :tongue: For someone with such belief in his ability Bendtner seems to have a fragile ego.

Bendtner would work well in the SPL where the only tactic used is a big punt up the field, a sort of hit and hope. However, that's hardly Arsenal's style.

Both Walcott and Rosicky are far more devastating on that side. Their pace is needed when we break, especially Walcott's.

This is the kind of football we've always played and unfortunately for Bendtner, that simply isn't his role.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1313
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
I don't get why Ziz is giving Walcott so much stick? I have never been a big fan of his, was glad he wasn't taken to the WC and always rated Lennon above him, but this season my opinion is changing. He has been really good for you guys but I guess it's like Lucas at Liverpool, some fans will just keep on berating him no matter how well he plays.

:yy:
If anyone has time you can listen to Adrian Durham giving his regular arsenal bashing on talksport..this time though I might be in agreement with him..no desire at all..
Original post by rhinger
WENGER OUT

6 seasons.
Six.
SIX.

Whoever gives this post a negative rating licks Wenger's ass day in day out. And gobbles his tiny cock.

You're either a complete moron with no footballing knowledge or a troll. Wenger has managed to consistently lead us to top four finishes without spending the same amount of money as Man Utd, Chelsea and Loserpool. You're as bad as the scousers, always moaning. Sometimes, like last night and against Leeds, the players just don't perform and it can't be blamed on the manager.
Reply 1316
Original post by badger-man
You're either a complete moron with no footballing knowledge or a troll. Wenger has managed to consistently lead us to top four finishes without spending the same amount of money as Man Utd, Chelsea and Loserpool. You're as bad as the scousers, always moaning. Sometimes, like last night and against Leeds, the players just don't perform and it can't be blamed on the manager.

This view from Arsenal fans is amusing. Need to get off your high horse mate, no-one really cares if you don't spend money. Is that supposed to automatically make your fans feel better? "Oh it's alright if we don't win anything, 'cause we don't spend as much money as the rest".
Reply 1317
Original post by badger-man

The players who didn't perform are the players who haven't shown ANY form at all this season. And yet they are being picked consistently. Who picks the starting XI, football genius?

And this whole deal of Wengerball is ridiculous. Just make a simple pass and go forward. Absolutely no need for through passes that actually head nowhere.

And oh yeah, I'm totally a complete moron and a troll. How about you go **** yourself you little ****.

I'm sure I own more jerseys, scarves, and such merchandise than you do. Despite living in England itself, I'm still sure I've been to more games than you have at A.G.
Oh, and how about you try overcome the 8-hour time difference by staying up till 3 am to watch games, and potentially risk looking like a complete idiot on the pub streets of Hong Kong.

Now shut the **** up and resume licking W4nker's ass.
Original post by Deshi
This view from Arsenal fans is amusing. Need to get off your high horse mate, no-one really cares if you don't spend money. Is that supposed to automatically make your fans feel better? "Oh it's alright if we don't win anything, 'cause we don't spend as much money as the rest".

Yes it does actually. We spent our money on a stadium so don't have a lot for transfers so it's good to see that we can still achieve a good position in the table despite our lack of funds. It's even better when Liverpool are in 13th :biggrin:.
Original post by Stalin
Bendtner would work well in the SPL where the only tactic used is a big punt up the field, a sort of hit and hope. However, that's hardly Arsenal's style.

Both Walcott and Rosicky are far more devastating on that side. Their pace is needed when we break, especially Walcott's.

This is the kind of football we've always played and unfortunately for Bendtner, that simply isn't his role.

Walcott should be ashamed of that effort. Worst finish I've ever seen.

Latest