The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

where did u get it from?
i hope that dsnt come on the test!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Geniusmiss
where did u get it from?

Sample Paper from Solomon Press
Attached (if you want:tongue:)
omg solomon!!! those @&*($@&£%*&(@
Reply 104
Original post by anshul95
Lets denote the probability of getting any oher number except a five by k. Then we know that the sum of the probabilities of a number is equal to 1. We know from the question that the probability of getting a 5 is twice as likely i.e. 2k. So
2k+k+k+k+k+k=7k 7k=1. Therefore k=1/7.
So the probability of getting a five is 2/7. The probability of getting a 5 on the sixth throw is (5/7)^5*(2/7).

ohhhh thankyouuu thankyouuu you clever person :biggrin:DD
i hope that dsnt come on the test!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry it won't - a situation where you have to model things by continuous uniform are usually fairly obvious.
Don't worry it won't - a situation where you have to model things by continuous uniform are usually fairly obvious.

ru sure? because i really need an A* and this has completely bowled me over
Reply 107
Is it just me or I am the only one absolutely relaxed and just dreading this exam because of how boring it's gonna be?
Original post by Ultimate1
Is it just me or I am the only one absolutely relaxed and just dreading this exam because of how boring it's gonna be?

just u buddy...i was like that before then i saw the grade boundaries for A*!!!!!! :confused::eek::s-smilie::mad::frown::eek:
(edited 13 years ago)

Original post by cazzy-joe
Sample Paper from Solomon Press
Attached (if you want:tongue:)

u askd 4 it cazzy-joe :smile:
Reply 110
The events A and B are such that P(A)=0.2 and P(A u B)=0.6

Find (a) P(A' n B')

(b) P(A' n B)

Given also that events A and B are independent find:

(c) P(B)

(d) P(A' u B').

Can someone help me out with this S1 Question?? :confused:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 111
just u buddy...i was like that before then i saw the grade boundaries for A*!!!!!! :confused::eek::s-smilie::mad::frown::eek:

The boundaries for an A* depend on the paper. :s-smilie:
The boundaries for an A* depend on the paper. :s-smilie:

i did the june 2010 past paper but i was borderline a* and if i was doing it really under exam conditions den i mite not have been a*...:frown: :afraid: :ashamed2: :bricks:
Reply 113
what were the grade boundaries for an A* on the june 2010 paper?
Reply 114

Your not the only one, I am trying to make sure that I don't get bored TBH, did the June 2010 paper and got 70/75 which is an A*. So making sure I get that mark or more tomorrow!!! :biggrin: Good luck!
Reply 115
Original post by bekah1234
what were the grade boundaries for an A* on the june 2010 paper?

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1006%20GCE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries%20(Home%20and%20Int).pdf

Was 68 for an A* last time, so I am expecting it to rise to about 70/71 tomorrow
Original post by cpdavis
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1006%20GCE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries%20(Home%20and%20Int).pdf

Was 68 for an A* last time, so I am expecting it to rise to about 70/71 tomorrow

paper should be easier if grade boundaries increase rite? :confused:
Reply 117
TBH I'd much rather have the most easiest paper in the world with the highest boundaries as I very rarely make a mistake in S2.
Original post by cpdavis

you haven't even seen the paper yet so how can you make that judgement?
Reply 119
paper should be easier if grade boundaries increase rite? :confused:

If the paper is easy then the boundaries wil go up depending on how everyone else performed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending