Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NormalsWeird
Got my offer!!! So happy, psychology AAB :biggrin:

So is application for accomodation open already? I thought someone said it didn't open until March..?

Yeah, it opened at the beginning of December i think :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by jaydemikaela
Yeah, it opened at the beginning of December i think :smile:

Oooh gosh I hope my others reply so I can firm then! Don't want to miss out but the others are being sloooow and I can't reply until I can choose my insurance.
Reply 362
Applied for international relations with politics and french :smile:
I've just applied for accommodation
Does anyone know if the open days are really improtant? Because they have given me a choice of two dates, January the 19vwhich is too short notice and I'm scrambling to try to find transport and the second date is the feb 2nd, but that's the date of my psychology exam :frown:
I know it said on the webiste that if you can't make the visitor dats you can come at any other time, but it won't be the same will it? :frown: because on the visitor day you can meet people on the same course and the teachers and stuff
Urgh.
Original post by NormalsWeird
Oooh gosh I hope my others reply so I can firm then! Don't want to miss out but the others are being sloooow and I can't reply until I can choose my insurance.

Assuming it is the same as last year, you can apply for accommodation without having firmed Kent. In fact, when I applied, I wasn't intending on firming Kent at all (Obviously I did in the end xD), so if that is the only thing stopping you applying, you still can (:
Interview at Kent on the 23rd of feb :smile:

Anyone know what theyre like??
Original post by giantlemon
AAB history conditional. woot.

Is it not done on UCAS points?.
Reply 366
Original post by tillytots
Interview at Kent on the 23rd of feb :smile:

Anyone know what theyre like??

Edit: I had two tabs open and replied to you thinking it was the History of Art thread. I've moved my reply over there now!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 367
Original post by LFChrispy

no at the ucas visit day they said some will be offered grades and some points. I was given 340 points for History with 3 A-levels and an AS. maybe they didnt do an AS as well.
Does anyone know what Kent's general reputation is like? Not on league tables but if you say that you go to Kent, will people think it's a good uni? :redface:
Original post by diamonddust
Does anyone know what Kent's general reputation is like? Not on league tables but if you say that you go to Kent, will people think it's a good uni? :redface:

Pretty good. They don't think it's crap..!

In Canterbury, people see it as quite good...probably as there is also Canterbury Christchurch (no disrespect to CCCU, it's just what I've found!). Around the country, I'll sometimes get an 'ooh' :p: If you surround yourself with people who went to Cambridge, St Andrews and UCL (or wherever) then it won't look so good - naturally. I think it's a case of "you did well to get there." :smile:
Original post by Jesobel
no at the ucas visit day they said some will be offered grades and some points. I was given 340 points for History with 3 A-levels and an AS. maybe they didnt do an AS as well.

Hmmm I hope I get a points-based offer, because if I get an offer of AAB, I'll have no reserves and will basically be ****ed if I get ABB :frown:
Reply 371
Original post by diamonddust

Whenever people ask about which universities I've applied to, whether they're friends in school or weird family acquaintances, Kent's the one they react to the most. That might just be because the other uni's aren't particularly high profile, I don't know.. :redface:

Kent seems to have a solid reputation all round, what with academics and social life and all that. But if you like the uni and your department is good, I don't see why other people should care! :rolleyes:
Reply 372
got an offer for IT :smile:

yeah it is, but they also wanted for definate an A in something. i have since worked out though that i only need ABC because i get points for an as anyhow so it should be ok. still waiting for my insurance but there you go. i tell you i really need to escape to kent or who knows what will happen.
Reply 374
Original post by giantlemon
yeah it is, but they also wanted for definate an A in something. i have since worked out though that i only need ABC because i get points for an as anyhow so it should be ok. still waiting for my insurance but there you go. i tell you i really need to escape to kent or who knows what will happen.

I need to get ABC tooo to get in for History - 340 points with AB at ALevel and including one AS. :smile:
Reply 375
Hmmm I hope I get a points-based offer, because if I get an offer of AAB, I'll have no reserves and will basically be ****ed if I get ABB :frown:

Ahhh i was in the same position. well the offer is AAB but it depends what your predicted and if you have an AS as well ?
Reply 376
I found out on track I have got a conditional offer for biology providing I get BBB the other day,but havent recieved anything directly from the uni yet.
Original post by Jesobel
Ahhh i was in the same position. well the offer is AAB but it depends what your predicted and if you have an AS as well ?

I'm predicted AAB, but I've got a B in AS Spanish, and probably going to get an A in EPQ which is the same points value as an AS, which they said they'd accept :smile:
Original post by Jesobel
I need to get ABC tooo to get in for History - 340 points with AB at ALevel and including one AS. :smile:

it seems strange that they could want such a range of grades or that it could be so low. i'm not complaining of course because i have myself encountered disasters and so this is a godsend but still. have you been to an open day. personally i thought place looked to modern but the courses are perfect as is the history society. never went into the city but i hear good things on that front too. still not as good as winchester for statistics - winchester has 70% girls. (thats my insurance :wink:
Reply 379
Original post by Jesobel

I need ABB and 340 points - got my offer the other day (for History too)! I love the look of Kent.

Quick Reply

Latest