The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Where has this Arshavin gone to?!
Original post by rhinger
The players who didn't perform are the players who haven't shown ANY form at all this season. And yet they are being picked consistently. Who picks the starting XI, football genius?

And this whole deal of Wengerball is ridiculous. Just make a simple pass and go forward. Absolutely no need for through passes that actually head nowhere.

And oh yeah, I'm totally a complete moron and a troll. How about you go **** yourself you little ****.

You mad bro? You sure do swear a lot.
Wenger is, correctly, using a rotation system to keep players fresh for the league. This means that the players who are put in the cup games, such as Bendtner and Denilson, haven't had much game-time and are therefore going to be more rusty. However our team was still strong enough to beat Ipswich, it just didn't work out on the day.

Original post by rhinger
I'm sure I own more jerseys, scarves, and such merchandise than you do. Despite living in England itself, I'm still sure I've been to more games than you have at A.G.
Oh, and how about you try overcome the 8-hour time difference by staying up till 3 am to watch games, and potentially risk looking like a complete idiot on the pub streets of Hong Kong.

Now shut the **** up and resume licking W4nker's ass.

So the amount of merch you own can be used to measure how much of a fan you are? You're surely trolling, nobody's that stupid. I seriously doubt you've been to the Emirates or Highbury as many times as me.
Original post by antonfigo
Where has this Arshavin gone to?!

This is what i've been wondering. He hasn't been on top form for a while now. He'll probably score 4 at West Ham now i've said that :biggrin:.
Reply 1324
Original post by badger-man
Yes it does actually. We spent our money on a stadium so don't have a lot for transfers so it's good to see that we can still achieve a good position in the table despite our lack of funds. It's even better when Liverpool are in 13th :biggrin:.

Wenger has money for transfers he just doesn't like using it. And I already knew you didn't mind winning nothing as long as you don't spend much (:lol:), I was talking about other Arsenal fans.
Reply 1325
You mad bro? You sure do swear a lot.
Wenger is, correctly, using a rotation system to keep players fresh for the league. This means that the players who are put in the cup games, such as Bendtner and Denilson, haven't had much game-time and are therefore going to be more rusty. However our team was still strong enough to beat Ipswich, it just didn't work out on the day.

Swearing is the way I roll. Calling me a troll is just ultimate lolz, shows how much you like gobbling W4nker's cock.

Wenger is correct in using the whole rotation system. But if you have average players on the bench, it's no good. Denilson? Eboue? Bendtner?

They're tried and tested (and not in a good way). They don't deserve Arsenal jerseys on them anymore. If they've consistently underperformed and are clearly showing signs of rustiness (refer to Leeds, Wigan, and yesterday), then they simply cannot be put into a semi-final (fine... first leg, but still.) of a cup that we could actually win and break our drought with.

A team consisting of Koscielny, Eboue, Denilson, Arshavin (in his current form), Gibbs, and Bendtner simply isn't strong enough. Yes it's Ipswich. But if there's anything Wenger should have learnt against Wigan and Leeds, it's that the opposition can NEVER be underestimated.

So the amount of merch you own can be used to measure how much of a fan you are? You're surely trolling, nobody's that stupid. I seriously doubt you've been to the Emirates or Highbury as many times as me.

Meh. Only unambitious "supporters" continue the "Have faith in Wenger" bull****. You're part of that.

If you truly want the best for the club right now, you'd know a different approach is needed. Wenger's perfected the financial situation for Arsenal's future, that's what he should concentrate on. But the squad needs to be taken under the charge of someone else.

3rd/4th place finishes, average League Cup and FA Cup campaigns, and UEFA CL chances being cut by other big teams that outclass us is NOT how a purported TOP team performs.
(edited 13 years ago)
Why are you slating Koscielny and Gibbs?

Koscielny was fantastic last night, and Gibbs was only let down by two poor touches.
We need to stop deluding ourselves with this money thing...look we moved into tue stadium so we could generate funds to compete and we're making profit year in year out..if wenger chose to spend £50million tomorrow we'll still be the highest profit making club in England..go look at the figures..so it's wenger not choosing to spend the money..getting it into his head that he has to go on with this project..has to show the world this but it's clearly not going to happen..trying to tell us there are internal solutions..internal solutions my ****ing ass..the whole planet can see we need a centre back..just buy someone ffs..we have 18players in the premier league 25man squad thing excluding injuries.. the **** does that say?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rhinger

A team consisting of Koscielny, Eboue, Denilson, Arshavin (in his current form), Gibbs, and Bendtner simply isn't strong enough. Yes it's Ipswich. But if there's anything Wenger should have learnt against Wigan and Leeds, it's that the opposition can NEVER be underestimated.

Koscielny and Gibbs are good players and I rate Denilson as well. We can't play our strongest players every match as they need to be rested for the more important games. I would like to win a trophy but I'd rather we put our effort into the league and CL rather than the crap cup.

Original post by rhinger

Meh. Only unambitious "supporters" continue the "Have faith in Wenger" bull****. You're part of that.

If you truly want the best for the club right now, you'd know a different approach is needed. Wenger's perfected the financial situation for Arsenal's future, that's what he should concentrate on. But the squad needs to be taken under the charge of someone else.

3rd/4th place finishes, average League Cup and FA Cup campaigns, and UEFA CL chances being cut by other big teams that outclass us is NOT how a purported TOP team performs.

Once again, you're proving you're just a whinging fickle fan that this club doesn't need. Please support Liverpool or Newcastle, I think you'll fit in with their fans more than ours.
I'm fed up of people moaning after a few poor results. We don't need a new manager, Wenger is one of the best in the world, it's just unfortunate that blind fans like you see a couple of bad results and instantly resort to "Herp derp, sack him!!!!!1". That never gets you anywhere.
Reply 1329
Koscielny and Gibbs are good players and I rate Denilson as well. We can't play our strongest players every match as they need to be rested for the more important games. I would like to win a trophy but I'd rather we put our effort into the league and CL rather than the crap cup.

I was harsh on Gibbs, he's just inexperienced.

Rating Kos and Denilson well pretty much sums up you're a blind supporter.

We can't field our strongest players every game, no **** sherlock smartypants. But if Wenger could maybe at least attempt to think of trying to buy SOME first-rate players, our bench would be much more strengthened than the PATHETIC state it's in right now for a top club.

Once again, you're proving you're just a whinging fickle fan that this club doesn't need. Please support Liverpool or Newcastle, I think you'll fit in with their fans more than ours.
I'm fed up of people moaning after a few poor results. We don't need a new manager, Wenger is one of the best in the world, it's just unfortunate that blind fans like you see a couple of bad results and instantly resort to "Herp derp, sack him!!!!!1". That never gets you anywhere.

Fickle fan? Really? I hope your mom dies a painful death, with her filthy, wide **** ravaged by someone because your dad is just tiny really.

Wenger one of the best in the world? Never knew not winning a single title and being outclassed by other top teams for the large part of 5 seasons merits a manager being called elite. In terms of finance, yes. In terms of tactics, my 5 year old cousin knows better.

Couple of bad results? Haha please you dumbass. Remember the first post of mine that you replied to? SIX YEARS YOU BLIND ****.
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh, my eyes.
Reply 1331
Original post by marcusmerehay
Oh, my eyes.

I know right :P this is turning into a battlefield
Original post by rhinger

Fickle fan? Really? I hope your mom dies a painful death, with her filthy, wide **** ravaged by someone because your dad is just tiny really.

Wenger one of the best in the world? Never knew not winning a single title and being outclassed by other top teams for the large part of 5 seasons merits a manager being called elite. In terms of finance, yes. In terms of tactics, my 5 year old cousin knows better.

Couple of bad results? Haha please you dumbass. Remember the first post of mine that you replied to? SIX YEARS YOU BLIND ****.

:facepalm2:
Two words: Invincible season.
No other Premier league team has achieved it, EVER! You don't lead a team to a top four finish 14 seasons in a row without having managerial talent. Also, please stop personally insulting me for no apparent reason as it's undermining your argument. Thanks for the negs too, thankfully it hasn't affected my rep due to the terrible state of yours which is no doubt a reflection of your personality and the quality of your posts :biggrin:.
Reply 1333
Arsenal is the best team!
Reply 1334
:facepalm2:
Two words: Invincible season.
No other Premier league team has achieved it, EVER! You don't lead a team to a top four finish 14 seasons in a row without having managerial talent. Also, please stop personally insulting me for no apparent reason as it's undermining your argument. Thanks for the negs too, thankfully it hasn't affected my rep due to the terrible state of yours which is no doubt a reflection of your personality and the quality of your posts :biggrin:.

That season ended 7 years ago.

So please give another reason as to why Wenger should stay at Arsenal.
Original post by bozagers
That season ended 7 years ago.

So please give another reason as to why Wenger should stay at Arsenal.

Already have, consistent performances with minimal spending. We're still in the title race this season and IMO and, most pundits opinions, are more likely than Man City to win it this season. Still in the Champions League, Carling Cup and FA Cup.

I feel for Wenger, we've got so close to trophies but bad luck has kept us from winning. The 07/08 season is a prime example. We were nailed on favourites for the league title until the Eduardo injury and the penalty that shouldn't have been in the Birmingham game which just shattered our confidence. If Martin Taylor wasn't a complete idiot we would have won the league and probably wouldn't be having this conversation. Football eh!
We also have less games against the top sides than anyone else, not forgetting Man Utd are away at Spurs on Sunday so the gap is likely to be 1 point and 1 game in hand, rather than 4 points and 1 game.
Reply 1337
Original post by ZizAli

Original post by ZizAli
Walcott should be ashamed of that effort. Worst finish I've ever seen.

A goal is a goal, doesn't matter whether it's volleyed from 50 yards or bobbled off your arse from 2. They all count.
Already have, consistent performances with minimal spending. We're still in the title race this season and IMO and, most pundits opinions, are more likely than Man City to win it this season. Still in the Champions League, Carling Cup and FA Cup.

I feel for Wenger, we've got so close to trophies but bad luck has kept us from winning. The 07/08 season is a prime example. We were nailed on favourites for the league title until the Eduardo injury and the penalty that shouldn't have been in the Birmingham game which just shattered our confidence. If Martin Taylor wasn't a complete idiot we would have won the league and probably wouldn't be having this conversation. Football eh!

If's and buts...the definition of our last 6 years
I reckon probably 3-0 in the return leg, so that's 3-1 overall. Not sure whether or not it will be West Ham or Birmingham in the final, though if Avram Grant's still at West Ham you'd have to think with his cup record they'll make it.

Latest