The Student Room Group

F321 January 13th 2011: OCR Chemistry A Exam

Hey!

thought I will start a thread on the jan exam...for everyone to disuss topics people are struggling on!

Any notes, questions on the jan exam...feel free to share!
:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by patra
Hey!

thought I will start a thread on the jan exam...for everyone to disuss topics people are struggling on!

Hey, I'm doing this Chemistry one too, it's AS right?

It's going well at the moment, got 90% in my mock with no revision so I'm just going to revise Unit 3 quite a bit (Group 2 and Group 7) and it should be fine :smile:

How are you finding it?
Reply 2
Original post by tateco

It's going well at the moment, got 90% in my mock with no revision so I'm just going to revise Unit 3 quite a bit (Group 2 and Group 7) and it should be fine :smile:

How are you finding it?

Yep! AS!!! I am finding it quite hard..:frown: I just don't understand the forces and dipoles....I got a b/c in the mock.....I really want to get an A...!!! I don't know how i am going to do it!
:redface:
Reply 3
any1 know if there is a CGP book for this exam?
Reply 4
Original post by Amscared

Yes there is a CGP Guide, for OCR anyway... It's not that good though tbh. Use the OCR AS endorsed textbook, its really good :smile:
Reply 5
Can anybody give the student book (Exam Cafe) answers.. My CD broke :frown: Im desperate.. for the whole of AS? (& rep) x
Reply 6
Hiya! I'm resitting this module this Jan, haven't start any revision at all. But I'll try to make it worth my money anyway :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by patra
Hey!

Original post by tateco

How are you finding it?

Original post by patra
Yep! AS!!! I am finding it quite hard..:frown: I just don't understand the forces and dipoles....I got a b/c in the mock.....I really want to get an A...!!! I don't know how i am going to do it!
:redface:

Original post by Amscared

Original post by tateco
Yes there is a CGP Guide, for OCR anyway... It's not that good though tbh. Use the OCR AS endorsed textbook, its really good :smile:

Original post by Ecstacy.
Can anybody give the student book (Exam Cafe) answers.. My CD broke :frown: Im desperate.. for the whole of AS? (& rep) x

Original post by Sawasdee
Hiya! I'm resitting this module this Jan, haven't start any revision at all. But I'll try to make it worth my money anyway :biggrin:

Hey guys I made a thread about this exam months ago! here's the link http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1467663 Post there! :smile: Merry Christmas, hope revision's going well :smile:
Reply 8
preps well under way! i think i've done every single past paper ever done! this is a resit for me, so hoping to get an A/B
Original post by mecks17
preps well under way! i think i've done every single past paper ever done! this is a resit for me, so hoping to get an A/B

where you get your papers from pm me
Reply 10
GUYS I cannot believe I will be resitting this exam next week!! This is easier than GCSE but I still got a B last year - How silly of me. I ended up getting A( 95%) in the UNIT II. I think I am mad. Mad people do mad things, as they say. LOL. I am aiming to get 100% in this one :biggrin:

but UNIT 4 is coming up also! ARGHHH... I hate the analysis bit - clueless about it.
im resitting both units of ocr chem just to give it another go even though ive dropped it (though this time get extra time and use a laptop for some of my answers)! really want an A in this as this unit is quite easy
Reply 12
Any idea what may come up? although i've revised everything, just wondering if anyones thought?
Reply 13
Original post by mecks17
Any idea what may come up? although i've revised everything, just wondering if anyones thought?

What is an Isotope ?

HAHAHA
Reply 14
How did you guys find it?
Reply 15

Not easy to do~~
Reply 16
Original post by rasklatz
How did you guys find it?

Not hard! But I didn't have time to finish so ill probs have missed out on my A, gutted :/
Yeah, it was relatively easy. However, the answers you had to provide were all quite lengthy and time constraints made the exam harder than it should have been, i.e the displacement reaction halogen/halides question, whereas in past papers you simply filled out tables for example stating colour change, this time it being a 6 mark short essay question, completely ruined my time management. Otherwise the rest of the exam was easy and I should imagine the grade boundaries will be quite high for this paper.
what did u guys get for the question about HxA or something?
i got x=8
16 mols and 2 mols. just divided 16 by 2. is that right? haha
Reply 19
Original post by michaellok34
what did u guys get for the question about HxA or something?
i got x=8
16 mols and 2 mols. just divided 16 by 2. is that right? haha

I got x as 2 because it was a 1:2 ratio, but I don't know :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending