The Student Room Group

Rejection from Cambridge for 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by safwaansh
Ivor rejected on my birthday! First thing after I Wpke up I got the Email then hours later the letter came through

Poor us :-( we're too good for them anyway! Where's your top choice now?
Original post by Pheebs1201
Poor us :-( we're too good for them anyway! Where's your top choice now?

queen mary. they still haven't got back to me so i'm screwed if they reject me. what about you?
Original post by safwaansh
queen mary. they still haven't got back to me so i'm screwed if they reject me. what about you?

Ah I'm sure they won't reject you if you're good enough to even consider applying to cambridge! I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile: I'm probably gonna go for Warwick but will be going to post offer open days first.
I have heard, and personally know some people like me, who still havent heard yet. Does this mean I have been rejected do you think?

Sorry If this seems like an odd question, its just that nearly everyone else knows and Im still on tender hook (note Im talking about original application not the pool)
You dont know how lucky you lot are :P I still havent even heard!!!! So its gonna be a rejection but after waiting weeks when everyone else got theirs.
Reply 225
Original post by QuantumOverlord
You dont know how lucky you lot are :P I still havent even heard!!!! So its gonna be a rejection but after waiting weeks when everyone else got theirs.

Pretty uncouth to post in the rejection thread telling me they're lucky?
Original post by Lyam

I didn't Quote you did I???????

Sorry if it sounds like im complaning alot btw :frown: its just the situation I'm in. I dont want to call them up now because of my exam tommorow :P

Edit: Okay Obviously I have quoted you now. But I didnt originally.
I have heard, and personally know some people like me, who still havent heard yet. Does this mean I have been rejected do you think?

Sorry If this seems like an odd question, its just that nearly everyone else knows and Im still on tender hook (note Im talking about original application not the pool)

No, it means that your letter got lost in the post, and that they have no way of knowing this until you phone or email to tell them. It's seven days after everyone else found out, can't believe you haven't contacted them! I would've gone crazyyy by now
Reply 228
you should have heard from them by now.. call them...... DOIT NOW!
Reply 229
I didn't Quote you did I???????

Sorry if it sounds like im complaning alot btw :frown: its just the situation I'm in. I dont want to call them up now because of my exam tommorow :P

Edit: Okay Obviously I have quoted you now. But I didnt originally.

I meant to type 'people' rather than 'me'. God knows what happened there. I've not been rejected, it just seems awfully odd to post that here. Good luck with your exam, I'm sure you'll be fine. You might want to get around to dropping them an e-mail at some point. :smile:
Original post by marmalade200
No, it means that your letter got lost in the post, and that they have no way of knowing this until you phone or email to tell them. It's seven days after everyone else found out, can't believe you haven't contacted them! I would've gone crazyyy by now

I orignally thought this but I know someone personally in the same boat as me, it seems pretty unlikely 2 letters lost in the post, for same college, same subject :P
Original post by Lyam
I meant to type 'people' rather than 'me'. God knows what happened there. I've not been rejected, it just seems awfully odd to post that here. Good luck with your exam, I'm sure you'll be fine. You might want to get around to dropping them an e-mail at some point. :smile:

Sorry, I'm just on the edge with suspense. Im becoming a TSR junkie :P Thankyou :biggrin:
Original post by Lyam

I would say that the anticipation of a rejection for 2 weeks outweighs waiting for 2 days. Yes, in that sense they are lucky.
I orignally thought this but I know someone personally in the same boat as me, it seems pretty unlikely 2 letters lost in the post, for same college, same subject :P

yeah, there's been some cock-up their end in that case. either way it doesn't tell you anything regarding whether you've been rejected or not, the only thing that's going to tell you that is actually phoning them. surely it's got to be better than not knowing, whatever the outcome?
Well, last year I had done all my UCAS on time and everything and sent it, but then had a total change of heart from what wanted to do. I had one choice left that I hadn't used so I applied for Liverpool in like, the April... and was offered a conditional... It's not all doom and gloom. :biggrin:

Then again, I suppose it depends on what course you're doing.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by marmalade200
yeah, there's been some cock-up their end in that case. either way it doesn't tell you anything regarding whether you've been rejected or not, the only thing that's going to tell you that is actually phoning them. surely it's got to be better than not knowing, whatever the outcome?
Your right :P but I have an exam tommorow so I dont want the dissapointment of a rejection (or the suspense of pool) to get in the way, So itl have to wait another day :tongue:
Reply 236
Original post by Noodlzzz
I would say that the anticipation of a rejection for 2 weeks outweighs waiting for 2 days. Yes, in that sense they are lucky.

In fairness he's had days to e-mail them and the letters were only posted on the 6th, 7 days ago. That's precisely one week, not two. It's only a few days more than anyone else and while I appreciate it must be really hard, I still don't think the comment was appropriate. That being said, I can see he meant no harm by it. Tell me though, would you rather be still waiting with a chance of getting in or be rejected and know already?
Original post by Lyam
In fairness he's had days to e-mail them and the letters were only posted on the 6th, 7 days ago. That's precisely one week, not two. It's only a few days more than anyone else and while I appreciate it must be really hard, I still don't think the comment was appropriate. That being said, I can see he meant no harm by it. Tell me though, would you rather be still waiting with a chance of getting in or be rejected and know already?

Sorry, it was a generalistaion of time, I was unaware of the actual waiting period.

Well having to wait nearly a week longer than most for my Oxford rejection where I was too distracted to revise and too nervous to not focus on it, I would have to say the answer would be yes. I'd rather not have lived with the extra few days of being a hopeful applicant if it meant I could have gotten on with my life and do some bloody revision :P
Reply 238
Original post by Noodlzzz
Sorry, it was a generalistaion of time, I was unaware of the actual waiting period.

Well having to wait nearly a week longer than most for my Oxford rejection where I was too distracted to revise and too nervous to not focus on it, I would have to say the answer would be yes. I'd rather not have lived with the extra few days of being a hopeful applicant if it meant I could have gotten on with my life and do some bloody revision :P

Fair enough, but I don't think you'd say the same thing if you got in? If you got in, I doubt you'd be saying 'I wish I had just been rejected rather than waiting a few more days as a hopeful applicant!' I may be wrong, but I don't think I am. I guess if he doesn't get in it will seem much worse but if he does he'll think it's worth it. I'm still pretty sure he's in a better position than straight rejectees though. :smile:
Original post by Lyam
Fair enough, but I don't think you'd say the same thing if you got in? If you got in, I doubt you'd be saying 'I wish I had just been rejected rather than waiting a few more days as a hopeful applicant!' I may be wrong, but I don't think I am. I guess if he doesn't get in it will seem much worse but if he does he'll think it's worth it. I'm still pretty sure he's in a better position than straight rejectees though. :smile:

I suppose Logically I am in a slightly better positon than rejectes , I admit that. But it would seem that at this stage Rejection is by far the most likely option (specifically an offer or pool would have been more likely to come early). Basically I'm taking the lateness to mean likely rejection.

Sorry If my comments were a little rash.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending