The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by diane_h
Economics (L100) AAB offer (+BB in C3/C4)
Well chuffed.... definately first choice!
:party:

well done x x:smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 681
Original post by siyichen

Original post by siyichen
Haha I already have an unconditional offer for Social Policy & Politics... I'm waiting on LSE and Warwick but I honestly don't have very high hopes in those two that's why I'm really trying to figure out whether Bristol will be a comfortable place for me to be! It's good that at least you've been there and had a kind of feel. I'd say you're more reliable and credible just because of that, haha. I live in Singapore at the moment so going for an Open Day is a little out of the way but yes, I think I'll try to get in contact with some people who are currently at Bristol.

But thank you very much for your help anyway! :smile:

I have applied for the Politics and Social policy course as well, but I have not heard anything back yet. May I ask what grades you have or what you are predicted to have?

Congratulations on that offer btw! I hope to see you there.
John
Original post by Laura134
I've heard that they've already accepted and rejected a few for biology... think I got acknowledged, but not by the biology department. I'm really pissed off about my maths B...1 UMS off an A, I ruined it by getting a C in my decision exam haha.

Applied for:
Human Sciences at Oxford, rejected post-interview there (It updated on my track today, I thought it was Bristol and initially died a bit inside).

Biology at...
York (ABB)
St Andrews (acknowledged)
Edinburgh (acknowledged)
Bristol (acknowledged)

Eek, as for the personal statement... I read somewhere that they don't like you being too geared towards the natural history side of things... which I may have dominated my intro with... a little. Where else have you replied?

I saw those offers a while back, just holding onto the hope that I haven't been rejected yet! Why are they taking so long?

I also applied to:
Oxford (rejected) <--- also updated on track today and gave me a heart attack getting the email
York (ABB)
Warwick (ABB)
Durham (Acknowledged)
Bristol (Acknowledged)

I'm so scared about getting offers, as the ones I haven't heard from are the two I want most now that I've been rejected from Oxford. I really hope they don't assume I've applied there and have gotten in, and so reject me! AHHHH!!
Reply 683
Original post by diane_h

hey, if you dont mind telling me. what did you get in your GCSEs really want to go to bristol in the future for maybe economics jw what kind of grades they take. :smile: oh and well done!!!
Reply 684
Original post by keem95
hey, if you dont mind telling me. what did you get in your GCSEs really want to go to bristol in the future for maybe economics jw what kind of grades they take. :smile: oh and well done!!!

8A* (Maths, Business, ICT, RE, BACS, Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
5A (Music, French, English Lit, English Lang, Statistics)

D - Free Standing Mathematics Qualification

Predicted AAAa (Maths, Further Maths, Economic and Business Studies, AS Computing)
Reply 685
Original post by diane_h
8A* (Maths, Business, ICT, RE, BACS, Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
5A (Music, French, English Lit, English Lang, Statistics)

D - Free Standing Mathematics Qualification

Predicted AAAa (Maths, Further Maths, Economic and Business Studies, AS Computing)

WOW! well done dont think im gonna get that :mad: thanks though.
Reply 686
guys is there any1 over here who applied for accounting and finance?
Original post by Noodlzzz
Sorry to butt in, but how did you find this out? I'm thinking of reapplying and I don't think my Sociology A-level went down too well...

Hey, it's okay! I chose a college known for being liberal, and asked one of the psychology students who was there on the open day. What other subjects are you doing? All universities say that your combination of A levels is much more significant as opposed to one particular subject, and until you've had specific feedback you won't know whether it was a problem or not.

That said, the A levels of the other three people who got into my ('liberal') college are:
Maths-A* chemistry-A* biology-A psychology-A (State school boy on a gap year)
Maths, history, biology, AS further maths, predicted A*A*A*a
Maths, biology, spanish, something else I can't remember, predicted A*A*AA, from a VERY posh private school
And then me, with biology, classics, theatre studies, AS maths (on my reference it says 'retaking in attempt to get an A.' Charming.) and s2, predicted AAAa

So basically, I'm the exception to the rule... by MILES :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 688
Original post by solo443
guys is there any1 over here who applied for accounting and finance?

I have! :biggrin:
Original post by diane_h

woooo I just got an offer Economics with Econometrics (L140) AAA offer (BB in c3/c4)!
So happy, well done to you too! AAB offer :O wow
Got an offer of AAB for Politics :smile: definitely going to be my first choice!
Original post by Rule of Idiocracy
Got an offer of AAB for Politics :smile: definitely going to be my first choice!

Congratulations!
Reply 692
Original post by AlexIsMyHero
I saw those offers a while back, just holding onto the hope that I haven't been rejected yet! Why are they taking so long?

I also applied to:
Oxford (rejected) <--- also updated on track today and gave me a heart attack getting the email
York (ABB)
Warwick (ABB)
Durham (Acknowledged)
Bristol (Acknowledged)

I'm so scared about getting offers, as the ones I haven't heard from are the two I want most now that I've been rejected from Oxford. I really hope they don't assume I've applied there and have gotten in, and so reject me! AHHHH!!

Ahh! I know what you mean, York is my 5th choice and that's my only offer... The year abroad sounded amazing though so I'm happy having it as insurance :smile:. But yeah, Bristol's my first choice now. I was pretty gutted about Oxford, human sciences is offered at so few unis, I just really wanted to do the course. It's weird, because even though I'm pretty lazy with homework and such, I want to go to an academic uni... hahaha I'd happily nerd it up for a few years if I was doing biology :smile:. I'm not sure if you've been, but Durham is a lovely place. It's too close to home for me though. Do you live near Bristol? They have a rep for not liking northerners :/
Reply 693
Original post by Tracey88
I have! :biggrin:

Have u got an offer??
Just got an offer for Psychology! AAB :smile:
Original post by Pheebs1201

Wow well done! (Very jealous :redface:)

Is it your first choice?
Reply 696
Original post by solo443
Have u got an offer??

Yup, i've got an unconditional :smile:
Do you have an offer too?
Original post by Laura134
Ahh! I know what you mean, York is my 5th choice and that's my only offer... The year abroad sounded amazing though so I'm happy having it as insurance :smile:. But yeah, Bristol's my first choice now. I was pretty gutted about Oxford, human sciences is offered at so few unis, I just really wanted to do the course. It's weird, because even though I'm pretty lazy with homework and such, I want to go to an academic uni... hahaha I'd happily nerd it up for a few years if I was doing biology :smile:. I'm not sure if you've been, but Durham is a lovely place. It's too close to home for me though. Do you live near Bristol? They have a rep for not liking northerners :/

Ah, well good luck with the rest of your choices :smile: I didn't really like the campus at York when I visited (after I applied) but then it might have been because I'd visited Oxford a few days before and so still have that in my mind :? need to visit again! Thats so annoying that Human Sciences is offered at so few places! But Biology is AMAZING and BETTER anyway!! hahahaaaa... Nerd it out at Bristol with me (hopefully, if we get offers). I've never been to Durham, though it looks lovely! Still waiting for a reply though! I used to live near Bristol but now I live in London so still in the South! Didn't want to apply to anywhere there.

Holy crap you got an AAB offer, insanely jealous! Mind me asking your grades? And of course, congrats :biggrin:

OMG well done, that's amazing!!! Did they give you any clue as to why it's AAB? You must be so happy! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending