The Student Room Group

Heythrop College Applicants 2011?!

Hey Everyone!

I know there have been a few Heythrop College threads but I just wanted to know if anyone was applying for sure, as in it is one of their top choices...

I really like the idea of Heythrop, but a close runner to this choice is King's :smile:
But yeah, is anyone else deffo applying there for 2011?

:smile: :biggrin: ;D

Scroll to see replies

Heya, I'm already at Heythrop College in my first year, if you or anyone else has any questions about life at Heythrop feel free to drop me a message :smile: Having a great time here so far and I can definitely recommend it to anyone doing Philosophy or Theology.
I was so close to going to heythrop this year! But after i visited the place it just looked a bit dull. Have you visited?
Reply 3
No, i haven't had a chance to visit but, to be honest I have spoken to a lot of people who go there and they love it. I'm not a one for a massive campus as such... I like a tighter community and I think Heythrop would offer that :smile:

I've also applied to Kings, St Andrews, Leeds and Lancaster but I certainly wanted Heythrop as one of my choices. I really love London and I think it would be a pretty awesome place to be. :smile: Then again, that's just me!
Reply 4
Hey guys, I have applied to Heythrop for Philosphy and Theology as well as Kings, Exeter, Nottingham and Brum. Anyone heard anything from anyone yet?

Jon
Reply 5
I'm applying there to do Philosophy, I still haven't sent off my ucas because my head of year's being a knob -.-
I loved it when I visited, everyone was so friendly, the only downside I'd say is that their library isn't 24/7, however because it's a member of the UOL you pretty much get access to all libraries in the city :biggrin:
Reply 6
I have just been accepted in to Heythrop college to do Philosophy and Theology.
I live extremely far away from there and i'm nervous that i wont get to visit it beforehand.
Has anyone visited? what's it like? I know it's very small
Reply 7
Original post by RebeccaMeek
I have just been accepted in to Heythrop college to do Philosophy and Theology.
I live extremely far away from there and i'm nervous that i wont get to visit it beforehand.
Has anyone visited? what's it like? I know it's very small

It's small, and it's almost like being in a house i'd say.
The entrance is quite traditional and beautiful, but as you go along it's pretty much like going to a secondary school. I obviously didn't get to see all of it, but it's decent. The libraries look old and they're cosy, but we weren't allowed in.

What grades did you get? I have 300 tariff points, I hope I get in :/
Reply 8
Original post by Gresa
The entrance is quite traditional and beautiful, but as you go along it's pretty much like going to a secondary school. I obviously didn't get to see all of it, but it's decent. The libraries look old and they're cosy, but we weren't allowed in.

It sounds like my kind of place. I do enjoy older buildings.
well i meant i received a conditional offer on the basis i achieve 280 ucas points.
Have you not received a conditional offer? If you have 300 you should be fine for getting in.
Reply 9
I have just recieved my Unconditional Offer from Heythrop for:
Philosophy, religion and Ethics! :smile:
Wooooooow

Will I be seeing anyone there?! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Gresa

I just got my application too, going off the results that i got last year. :smile: So the whole taking an extra A level ain't changed anything! Lol.

I'm going for an open day. I wanna' go to the one in March, but my mam wants to go to the on in July. Meh, don't make a difference really I suppose :smile:
Reply 11
Hey hows it going.
ye I have an unconditional offer to do philosophy, religion and ethics too and want to go there. I have not visited yet but Kensington is so nice.
Got my offer for Philosophy, Religion and Ethics the other day! :biggrin: Can't wait to be a Londoner!
Reply 13
Original post by SarahGrace92
Got my offer for Philosophy, Religion and Ethics the other day! :biggrin: Can't wait to be a Londoner!

Aw that's awesome :smile: i'll probs see you there then! LOL I'm just trying to find the best place for accommodation now. Just browsing. :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by ssmjames
Hey hows it going.
ye I have an unconditional offer to do philosophy, religion and ethics too and want to go there. I have not visited yet but Kensington is so nice.

:smile: :biggrin: that's wicked. Hey, there will be a few of us then! It's deffo my first choice and I can't wait. Like I said before, just sorting accommodtation out now! PM me if you fancy a chat or whatever :smile:!
Reply 15
Are you applying for Alban hall or intercollegiate halls?
Im still waiting for replies from ucl and kings but I think I want to go to heythrop the most because I like the idea of it being small.
Reply 16
Are you applying for Alban hall or intercollegiate halls?
Im still waiting for replies from ucl and kings but I think I want to go to heythrop the most because I like the idea of it being small.

I have no idea where I'm going to apply. More than likely the intercolle halls, due to the fact I'll meet more people and they ae catered. Not sure if Alban halls are + it save money :smile: However, I'm gunna' look at them now.

And yeah, I applied to Kigs too, but still prefer Heythrop... What you applying for? PRE? Or just stright up Philo?

:smile:

P.S - click quote at the bottom of the person message you want to reply/talk to. You'll geta reply quicker and they'll see you've replied to them. :smile:
Reply 17
applied for PRE. I think ill apply to alban halls- they have been done up apparently and i like the idea of having a kensington post code- probably wont happen again. I already live in london and have friends here already so not too bothered really where i live, just want to live somewhere fairly central so i can cycle around as much as possible to get around- i hate the tube, its too expensive. Where are you coming from?
Reply 18
applied for PRE. I think ill apply to alban halls- they have been done up apparently and i like the idea of having a kensington post code- probably wont happen again. I already live in london and have friends here already so not too bothered really where i live, just want to live somewhere fairly central so i can cycle around as much as possible to get around- i hate the tube, its too expensive. Where are you coming from?

I'm from Newcastle so, it's a bit of a hike for me. LOL
I'm no too bothered where I live either provided it's clean I suppose.. I can't find any photos of alban hall though so, I have no idea what they are like or anything.. =/
Original post by NellGwynne
I'm from Newcastle so, it's a bit of a hike for me. LOL
I'm no too bothered where I live either provided it's clean I suppose.. I can't find any photos of alban hall though so, I have no idea what they are like or anything.. =/

I went to Heythrop on the open day, and thought it would be my first choice (for philosophy and psychology) before I went but going on the open day only made me want to go NOW! Haha :smile:
I got to see almost all the the college and it i really beautiful and set in a really nice square!
The halls were pretty nice and were definitely clean! Each 'flat' (8 floors) shares a bathroom with showers/loos, and then each room has its own sink/mirror. The rooms werent huge but had a realllly big window so were really light! We went up to the 8th floor and you could see all of kensington and hyde park so yeah, couldnt be more perfect!
Also, the benefit of being on campus is you save so much on commute costs and because it is so small you could roll out of bed at 9:15 and be at your lecture for 9:30! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending