The Student Room Group

How much do you weigh?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by love_junkie298
Surprisingly have not not negged (yet)! but you know what TSR people are like..I just think the skinny look is really feminine, elegant and pretty! Not gawky-size 0 or 4 is going a bit too far and childlike but I like the 6! I hang between a 6-8 but size 6 jeans are slightly tight:P Yeah really depends on the shops! Ad it also depends on peoples height! Hahah I think tight clothes look fabulous where there is no excess fat and the person is slim! But yeah clothes that are too small=not a good look!:tongue:

it doesn't even have to be too small, I just think that a tight t-shirt looks horrible on me because of my hips and stuff. too small clothes is horrible, i have actually already seen people's cellulite through pants and its horrible. So jealous I would kill to be a size 6. I am mostly a size 8, however in Portugal people are smaller and therefore the clothes is smaller. Therefore I guess when I get a size 10 here, it would translate to a size 8 in England. I hate designer sizes though, for example valentino has ridiculous sizes. Their sizes are like 2 sizes smaller than usual. I had to get a dress in size 12, and I am not that fat xD it was just very demotivating...
Reply 381
I'm about 6ft 1 and weigh 11 stone. And I eat like a horse. I'm gonna waste away when I get to China...
Reply 382
I weigh 600lbs and wash myself with a rag on a stick....

I'm also a pathological liar...
Original post by Willum Infanta

I weight 8st 6 (I do eat a lot of food but I just don't put anything on...
and I'm 5"11 (may be 6"0 now last measured myself a couple of months ago)
(although I am aware I am skinny as)

sweeeeet jesus. you are really skinny!
I'm 5"9.5 and 9 stones, and I know that I'm quite slim haha!
Original post by easysummer
sweeeeet jesus. you are really skinny!
I'm 5"9.5 and 9 stones, and I know that I'm quite slim haha!

I've put a tiny bit on since then, still only 8 stone 8, aha :L
Reply 385
10 stone.
Original post by Allie-23
people put too much emphasis on weight. You should realize that muscle weighs more than fat. Someone who looks chubby may weigh less than a person who is more in shape. The emphasis should be put more-so on % of body fat.

Totally agree. Some people are all about the scale weight and forget we are not just made up of fat......there is muscle, bones, vital organs to take into account.

I am 5 foot 2 inches and weigh 140 pounds (63.6 kilograms) . . . but I have 15% body fat. The weight isn't what matter because that weight on someone who was out of shape and my height would be grossly too large.

Wow, only 15% body fat at 140lb! :woo: Are you a powerlifter or something, that is a sh*t load of lean mass for a female your height. I'm 5ft2 as well but 20% body fat at 115lb and thought I was muscular! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
5'11 and 14 stone.

Rugby player though... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
I weigh roughly 588 Newtons. I'm quite thin despite eating an awful lot.
High metabolism or something. :tongue:
Original post by aspiringwhatever
it doesn't even have to be too small, I just think that a tight t-shirt looks horrible on me because of my hips and stuff. too small clothes is horrible, i have actually already seen people's cellulite through pants and its horrible. So jealous I would kill to be a size 6. I am mostly a size 8, however in Portugal people are smaller and therefore the clothes is smaller. Therefore I guess when I get a size 10 here, it would translate to a size 8 in England. I hate designer sizes though, for example valentino has ridiculous sizes. Their sizes are like 2 sizes smaller than usual. I had to get a dress in size 12, and I am not that fat xD it was just very demotivating...

Ahh then we are probably the same size..yes entirely demotivating - I wouldn't have even bought it! I recently tried a size 8 pair of jeans and was mortified they were tight, but then I realised that the sizes were one smaller in the shop and sighed with relief! Yeah would kill to be a 6 as well..but my familys metabolic rate is very slow, therefore I have to work EXTREMELY hard to even keep my size:| Ah yeah me too..my lovehandles just won't go away so I totally get what you mean about tight tshirts!
Original post by dearyme

Made me smile. :smile:
Out of pos reps today, sorry. :tongue:
Original post by StressReliever
Totally agree. Some people are all about the scale weight and forget we are not just made up of fat......there is muscle, bones, vital organs to take into account.

Wow, only 15% body fat at 140lb! :woo: Are you a powerlifter or something, that is a sh*t load of lean mass for a female your height. I'm 5ft2 as well but 20% body fat at 115lb and thought I was muscular! :biggrin:

I am convinced that my bones and organs weigh more than normal, because I am not that muscular - at least I don't look it! I play an incredibly competitive soccer team though, and we are constantly in the gym and conditioning and stuff, so i am not a powerlifter!!!
I am convinced that my bones and organs weigh more than normal, because I am not that muscular - at least I don't look it! I play an incredibly competitive soccer team though, and we are constantly in the gym and conditioning and stuff, so i am not a powerlifter!!!

You must have bones of steel! :biggrin:
Original post by StressReliever
You must have bones of steel! :biggrin:

haha :confused: maybe!! I should get that checked out
Reply 394
5 ft 5, 9 stone.
Reply 395
Not often.
5 foot 8
9 stone 6 lbs.
Original post by love_junkie298
Ahh then we are probably the same size..yes entirely demotivating - I wouldn't have even bought it! I recently tried a size 8 pair of jeans and was mortified they were tight, but then I realised that the sizes were one smaller in the shop and sighed with relief! Yeah would kill to be a 6 as well..but my familys metabolic rate is very slow, therefore I have to work EXTREMELY hard to even keep my size:| Ah yeah me too..my lovehandles just won't go away so I totally get what you mean about tight tshirts!

Yeh I know what you mean, my metabolism is also ****. but I guess it was more my eating habits. try thermogenics it speeds up your metabolism like ****. however I don't know if it has side effects. ohh but it was so lovely and I needed it for a wedding, so I swallowed my pride and bought it.

yeh i also have those love handles and I hate them, omg what I hate is I buy skinny jeans and they fit me on my hips and stuff, but then they are really loose on my legs. it's horrible because I love skinny jeans
Reply 398
Original post by dearyme

If a compulsive iar tells you he's a compulsive liar....Is he telling the truth? :colone:
Reply 399
5,1 and 7 stone.

Quick Reply